oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Didn't watch or listen to the game as I was having a family night, but just watched the highlights and it seems like I missed an incredible game.

Sporar's goal, wow. You don't attempt a backheel like that unless you're high on confidence, 3 in 3 is superb. Wilder would have gone mental if he'd missed it though, lol!

And although he's inconsistent as all hell, I *** love Duncan Watmore.

Playoffs? Nah mate, at this rate we'll be gunning for automatic.

Is Watmore better off the bench kinda guy? Could we see a rotation of Hernandez staring and bring Watmore on at 65 to give that late game energy?

• Like 1
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a result that felt as good as that since the promotion season Even if we don't go up this season or even finish top 6 it's amazing to care and believe this much again 

well done blackpool

glorious viewing. Maddos voice has gone again hahaha    

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Is Watmore better off the bench kinda guy? Could we see a rotation of Hernandez staring and bring Watmore on at 65 to give that late game energy?

I think that's how you'd best use Watmore, and we'll probably see that if/when Connolly comes in. Hernandez isn't a striker although he's done pretty okay the last two games. I like him but I just don't know where you play him in Wilder's system.

• Like 1

Wasn’t a great performance by any means. In fact I’d go so far as to say we looked as if we had gone backwards somewhat. (Maybe we’re a bit leggy after the run of games) BUT having said all that, I still actually enjoyed watching the game. I have enjoyed watching each game since Wilder took over which is something I haven’t been able to say for quite a while (bar a couple of blip games under Warnock) 

what I love most is the sense of togetherness we see last night. The never give up attitude and the confidence that even though they conceded that late that it was ok that they felt they could still win. After the goal you can see Watmore waving his arms and saying come on we can go again and get a winner.. Amazing! Just a feeling I haven’t had about our team in a long while. So refreshing.

the fact that even though we didn’t perform well, but still do enough to win.

and then the scenes at the end. Wilder seems to be getting swept up with the emotion and the fans.. him and Leo’s enthusiasm together… ah I could go on! Just great at the moment. Long may it continue.

• Like 4

Wilder has not confirmed what issue with Howson is other than to say he was no available and they will see how he is in the next few days.

I think Taylor and Watmore will come in for Peltier and Onel.

Watmore I felt was going to come in regardless given he been rested for last 2 daya.

If Howson fit then he would come in for Bamba with Paddy dropping back in to defence

Great result but let’s have a bit of honesty. 
We gifted another goal, lost the mid field, ragged back line, no out let, poor decision, passing and movement. With the amount of missed chances from both sides the game could have gone either way. If anything apart from the fitness and belief we went backwards. 
A ravaged Blackpool made us look pretty average and we got lucky for never giving up. Well done the travelling fans. 
The game proved the squad does not have the numbers, depth of talent or balance and changes are required. What it does show is what Chris can do with a very average squad and the question must be, what the hell can he achieve with time and the right players.. 

A big thank you to all those involved at the club over the past year, those that have accepted and adapted since Chris arrival because the win yesterday is a result for the effort. Let’s have a deep clean take a deep breath and get ready for an exciting 2022. 

• Like 6
10 hours ago, boro-unger said:

There's some extra salt in the North West sea air tonight... https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/chris-wilder.27381/

Wow...sprinkle it on your fish and chips! 😂

I missed the game, so don't know how accurate Wilder's comments are, but they do seem pretty sore.

But I think most fans would be annoyed at conceding and losing that late in the game.

2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

Wasn’t a great performance by any means. In fact I’d go so far as to say we looked as if we had gone backwards somewhat. (Maybe we’re a bit leggy after the run of games) BUT having said all that, I still actually enjoyed watching the game. I have enjoyed watching each game since Wilder took over which is something I haven’t been able to say for quite a while (bar a couple of blip games under Warnock) 

what I love most is the sense of togetherness we see last night. The never give up attitude and the confidence that even though they conceded that late that it was ok that they felt they could still win. After the goal you can see Watmore waving his arms and saying come on we can go again and get a winner.. Amazing! Just a feeling I haven’t had about our team in a long while. So refreshing.

the fact that even though we didn’t perform well, but still do enough to win.

and then the scenes at the end. Wilder seems to be getting swept up with the emotion and the fans.. him and Leo’s enthusiasm together… ah I could go on! Just great at the moment. Long may it continue.

What is it they say about teams that can play badly but still get results?

Christmas / New Year is traditionally the time for Boro to suffer a dip in form. With Wilder not being the sort to change his starting line-up much, if he can help it, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lads are starting to flag a bit.

Testament to the manager and the players that they managed to dig deep and snatch a win at the death.

Missed the game, but reading the comments on here is very heartening. General consensus seems to be Boro were not at their best, but still found a way to win. A bit harsh on Blackpool maybe, but the Championship can be a tough, unforgiving league.

• Like 1