oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)

Aaaanyway, having now seen the official highlights, it does seem the Boro goal lived a bit of a charmed life early on. Reckon they could have had a couple before Sporar did his backheel.

Think a draw would have been a fair result, but Boro got their rewards for not giving up and not settling for a point.

Actually rather happy we got the win after seeing what their fans are like.

• Like 1
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a result that felt as good as that since the promotion season Even if we don't go up this season or even finish top 6 it's amazing to care and believe this much again 

well done blackpool

glorious viewing. Maddos voice has gone again hahaha    

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Great result but let’s have a bit of honesty. 
We gifted another goal, lost the mid field, ragged back line, no out let, poor decision, passing and movement. With the amount of missed chances from both sides the game could have gone either way. If anything apart from the fitness and belief we went backwards. 
A ravaged Blackpool made us look pretty average and we got lucky for never giving up. Well done the travelling fans. 
The game proved the squad does not have the numbers, depth of talent or balance and changes are required. What it does show is what Chris can do with a very average squad and the question must be, what the hell can he achieve with time and the right players.. 

A big thank you to all those involved at the club over the past year, those that have accepted and adapted since Chris arrival because the win yesterday is a result for the effort. Let’s have a deep clean take a deep breath and get ready for an exciting 2022. 

That is a pretty fair assessment of the game. We lacked energy and the changes made left us unbalanced especially down the left hand side, Peltier is not and never will be a wingback and Fry is very uncomfortable playing on the left of a three. We have seen now how this Wilder team will look in the future but we still lack the personnel in places and certainly the injury cover to make it work consistently. Exciting ride though isn’t it!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Great result but let’s have a bit of honesty. 
We gifted another goal, lost the mid field, ragged back line, no out let, poor decision, passing and movement. With the amount of missed chances from both sides the game could have gone either way. If anything apart from the fitness and belief we went backwards. 
A ravaged Blackpool made us look pretty average and we got lucky for never giving up. Well done the travelling fans. 
The game proved the squad does not have the numbers, depth of talent or balance and changes are required. What it does show is what Chris can do with a very average squad and the question must be, what the hell can he achieve with time and the right players.. 

A big thank you to all those involved at the club over the past year, those that have accepted and adapted since Chris arrival because the win yesterday is a result for the effort. Let’s have a deep clean take a deep breath and get ready for an exciting 2022. 

Nail on the head with depth of talent. Think Wilder alluded to that having similar quality in each position.

4 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Strange bunch the Blackpool lot. 

On visiting several forums and read postings over time I can put hand on heart and say the posters on here have a higher IQ, well for argument sake let’s say most. Most forums cater to posters who can’t string together an argument and revert to profanity when challenged. On the other hand OneBoro is a platform that caters to the more knowledgeable refined, the cultured and intellectual engaging solidarity and empathy among its privileged members. 

No I don’t believe that either. 😁

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Thanks to the link in this thread I've just been able to see the brief highlights.

From what I saw the Blackpool goal was just a fluke and it could happen to anyone so I wont worry about it and Boro did benefit from that flukish (but under pressure) own goal last time out. I loved Boro's first but did Watmore actually meaningfully touch the ball? I watched it four times but can't tell.

Here's hoping this run of good form and luck continues!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

Thanks to the link in this thread I've just been able to see the brief highlights.

From what I saw the Blackpool goal was just a fluke and it could happen to anyone so I wont worry about it and Boro did benefit from that flukish (but under pressure) own goal last time out. I loved Boro's first but did Watmore actually meaningfully touch the ball? I watched it four times but can't tell.

Here's hoping this run of good form and luck continues!

He definitely did touch the ball @Woof Woof. Whether it was meant or not I don’t know 🤷‍♂️. But I’m happy to take it as I’m sure you are too 😃

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Strange bunch the Blackpool lot. 

I second this. Some lad joined the MSS FB group earlier to say how Boro fans are scum of the earth and then started DM’ing and FB friend requests to Boro fans who reacted about how he’s going “to come over” etc. 

joke was him because he is self employed plasterer with his phone number and address easily found on the internet 

• Haha 3

When I woke up yesterday morning to *** weather and a looming cancellation, a slither of me considered sacking off the game. Thank god I didn’t. Never seen us score a last minute winner away from home (as far as I’m aware it’s the first time since Bolton away). And I don’t think I’ll ever experience such a low followed by such a high in such a short period of time ever again. Up the *** boro I am in love with Chris Wilder and Andraž Šporar

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

On Sporar’s goal, I think I saw him practicing that finish from that position in the warm up against Forest so it’s something he’s been looking to do. I can’t stop watching it 

It’s refreshing to see us practice attacking movement and ‘bits off the training ground’. Wilder is a tactician where as Warnock wasn’t. 

I was crying out for aaaaages under Warnock to have some tactical nous when playing, rather than the old school method of out working and lumping it long. Wilder represents ‘modern football’ and I’m glad that Gibson has finally picked a good choice in him. 

We don’t looked bedraggled anymore and we look like we have a firm plan and identity when playing. From a players point of view I bet it’s refreshing to have someone coach them with some tactics and proper instructions, rather than Warnock and his sound bytes. 

What a coup and what a feeling it is to be a boro fan again. It’s been so long since I’ve been excited and happy to watch a game. I definitely echo sentiments of it feeling like something special under the Karanka days. And even the players are becoming likeable. The relationship that the players had with the fans last night was clear to see and the sense of unity that has been gone since the days of Woodgate, Pulis and Warnock seem to be coming back. 

UTB

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

On Sporar’s goal, I think I saw him practicing that finish from that position in the warm up against Forest so it’s something he’s been looking to do. I can’t stop watching it 

he was practicing it before Bournemouth too & there's a clip of him doing it in warm up last night too. He practices that *** quite regularly it looks like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, boksicdink said:

I second this. Some lad joined the MSS FB group earlier to say how Boro fans are scum of the earth and then started DM’ing and FB friend requests to Boro fans who reacted about how he’s going “to come over” etc. 

joke was him because he is self employed plasterer with his phone number and address easily found on the internet 

A Blackpool fan joined the Boro supporters south Facebook group to give abuse to Boro fans?  Then he started contacting them directly to offer them out?  

6 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

That game felt like that Bolton away but obv earlier in the season this time. Played awful, clawed back and went limb crazy in the away end

Jordan Rhoades, right?