oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)

1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

Such a shame for Payero. Finally got his chance, 3 matches in a week, picks up an injury, Warnock out and can’t get a look in again. Not sure what’s happening there but prettt big statement putting McNair in MF ahead of him (or JLS for that matter) 

I don't know if it's a big statement or not really.  Payero isn't a like for like replacement with Howson, is he?  Completely different roles in the team.  You could maybe drop Crooks into Howson's spot and play Payero where Crooks was but that's about it.  I can't think of a single reason to select JLS.

• Like 2
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a result that felt as good as that since the promotion season Even if we don't go up this season or even finish top 6 it's amazing to care and believe this much again 

well done blackpool

glorious viewing. Maddos voice has gone again hahaha    

Posted Images

Such a shame for Payero. Finally got his chance, 3 matches in a week, picks up an injury, Warnock out and can’t get a look in again. Not sure what’s happening there but prettt big statement putting McNair in MF ahead of him (or JLS for that matter) 

don;t think Howson's role would suit Payero. McNair is (currently) the best alternative I guess?

If Tav or Crooks were out, and Payero didn't come in, then that would be a statement

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

don;t think Howson's role would suit Payero. McNair is (currently) the best alternative I guess?

If Tav or Crooks were out, and Payero didn't come in, then that would be a statement

Yeah, that's also why I was thinking Peltier could be played in there.  Feels like quite a slow back three with Bamba, Fry and Peltier in there, especially if we intend to push right up.  Mind, Madine isnt exactly speedy I suppose.

That's assuming Dijksteel is at wingback rather than Peltier of course.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, that's also why I was thinking Peltier could be played in there.  Feels like quite a slow back three with Bamba, Fry and Peltier in there, especially if we intend to push right up.  Mind, Madine isnt exactly speedy I suppose.

Imagine it's likely Peltier LWB, Fry, Bamba & Dijksteel as CBs, McNair in front.

• Like 1

I think we could see Dijk and Jones as the two wing backs here.

Lumley

Bamba Fry Peltier

Dijk Crooks Paddy Tav Jones

Onel Sporar

p.s: All the talk of game being called off and they local rag saying they got a fairly strong 11 and bench out. Think they manager was playing an element of mind games yesterday. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I was thinking of Crooks in the Howson role and Payero for Crooks but fair enough. I much prefer Paddy in a back 3 as well 

I'm less concerned about it now we seem to have a long-term manager in place, I feel more confident we'll see Payero get time when he earns a chance. It's not really an easy midfield to break into either if Wilder sees him more playing in the Crooks or Tav roles.

As it is, he's picked players who have done the job for him so far even in Howson's absence. Peltier was doing well before his injury and Bamba, despite one or two big slip-ups, is still a relatively solid player to throw in there.

Does give him an option to swap a defender for a more positive midfielder later in the game and drop McNair back into defence too if things aren't going so well, too.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)