oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a result that felt as good as that since the promotion season Even if we don't go up this season or even finish top 6 it's amazing to care and believe this much again 

well done blackpool

glorious viewing. Maddos voice has gone again hahaha    

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's absolutely ridiculous. I hope it backfires on teams when they have to cram all their fixtures in later.

If there are enough games postponed then I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs tried to get the season extended a bit, removing the need to cram the fixtures in.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If there are enough games postponed then I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs tried to get the season extended a bit, removing the need to cram the fixtures in.

that would be next level ridiculous and the fact it can't be ruled out is sad.

5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Is it safe to look forward to this yet...?

It's definitely on if that's what you mean?

But, this is the first club who could do the double over us this year, although in their case it would be the treble as they beat us in the League Cup as well 😱

A tricky game this one I reckon although hopefully a weakened Blackpool squad will play into our hands 👍

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's nonsense isn't it?

Its not really, the basic requirement hasn't changed. 

13 outfield players, excluding injuries or suspension. The only alteration to the rule is adding covid to the criteria 

• Confused 1
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

that would be next level ridiculous and the fact it can't be ruled out is sad.

If there are large numbers of postponements over the next couple of months, I can't see how both the PL and FL seasons won't be extended. The clamour from the clubs would surely be too great to ignore, if the fixture list gets overcrowded?

But as I mentioned in an earlier post, they'd simply be reaping what they sowed with their failure to check that clubs had genuine grounds for postponing their games.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Its not really, the basic requirement hasn't changed. 

13 outfield players, excluding injuries or suspension. The only alteration to the rule is adding covid to the criteria 

So what isn't nonsense then, I'm confused? 

10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

If there are large numbers of postponements over the next couple of months, I can't see how both the PL and FL seasons won't be extended. The clamour from the clubs would surely be too great to ignore, if the fixture list gets overcrowded?

But as I mentioned in an earlier post, they'd simply be reaping what they sowed with their failure to check that clubs had genuine grounds for postponing their games.

Not sure they can extend the season with the winter World Cup next year...

I saw a Blackpool fan on Twitter earlier saying how, if they win tonight, they'll have done the TREBLE over us this season. I thought how interesting that is, must be quite a rare thing. Just had a look back to try and find out who the last team to do the treble over us was.

Kind of unsurprisingly it was the 08/09 season when United beat us twice in the league and knocked us out of the League Cup.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

So what isn't nonsense then, I'm confused? 

You need 13 players that have made a 1st team appearance available, to meet the lowest criteria to play a game. If Newcastle dont have that, they can request their game to be postponed. 

Doesn't matter why players aren't available, the criteria is based on players who are available 

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

You need 13 players that have made a 1st team appearance available, to meet the lowest criteria to play a game. If Newcastle dont have that, they can request their game to be postponed. 

Doesn't matter why players aren't available, the criteria is based on players who are available 

I understand that part, I'm saying that is nonsense.  Newcastle, like most Premier League clubs, will have about 50 professional players on their books, not including their Under 18 squad.  There's no good reason for them not to be able to play a game for them, and it would only be a few of them required to sit on the bench in all likelihood anyway.  That's ridiculous to me.  They have players available but they don't want to use them, and they are being allowed not to use them because of Covid.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Millwall are looking to call up a 15 year old

If true fair play to Millwall. The longer this goes on it almost appears that the more unfashionable clubs are trying to put sides out while others are desperate to get games called off.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I understand that part, I'm saying that is nonsense.  Newcastle, like most Premier League clubs, will have about 50 professional players on their books, not including their Under 18 squad.  There's no good reason for them not to be able to play a game for them, and it would only be a few of them required to sit on the bench in all likelihood anyway.  That's ridiculous to me.  They have players available but they don't want to use them, and they are being allowed not to use them because of Covid.

It's a rule that has to work for all clubs. I think it's fair enough. 

If a club can't field a team that meets the criteria then its an unsporting advantage to the opposition, and possibly unfair for the fans. 

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Millwall are looking to call up a 15 year old

To add to the squad for game? They will probably still have the 13 outfield players with 1st team experience 

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)