oneBoro Forum

Spence

Might be an unpopular opinion but.... 

Watching the Terriers match and I am not seeing much how he can improve us tbh 

Struggles to get past a man, decent balls in are very few n far between, and doesn't want back to BORO 

Any positives? 

Two positives:

1. Strength in depth, since we need two good players in every position, rather than having one player acting as backup across several positions.

2. Spence hasn't had a good manager guiding him while he's been at the Boro, and considering how Wilder has improved other players, it'd be interesting to see what he could do with Djed.

• Like 4

Personally I cant judge his play under our previous managers as they clearly held his play back with their systems. 

If his play at Forest is an indication, at a minimum he would be great depth for a promotion run incase of injury. He has enough talent to play 1st team but Jones has just been to much to drop him.

Its a no brainer to recall him, lets hope Forest makes a bid if we dont have long term plans for him.

I, m not seeing a "good" player if I, m honest and I consider Cooper a decent manager 

Maybe Spence he knows he is only ever going to be back up 

As mentioned, not the most active of players for Wilder 

Maybe I, m wrong 

There's no doubt that Izzy starts over him at the moment, but that isn't an indictment of Spence, Izzy is one of the most in form players in the league at the moment and looks absolutely at home at RWB for us. I'd rather bring in a loan to cover for Izzy than bring Spence back and have him warming the bench for 6 months. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

A performance reminiscent of his time with us. Lacked discipline, defensive positioning and awareness and very much flattered to deceive. Could have been an off night….

Notts local paper says he was one of their best performers and gave him 8/10

30 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Notts local paper says he was one of their best performers and gave him 8/10

Which makes me question some of the rave reviews he's been getting if that's what they consider an 8/10 performance, he didn't cover himself in glory for the goal either.

Edited by TeaCider24
11 hours ago, pokeyjoe said:

I, m not seeing a "good" player if I, m honest and I consider Cooper a decent manager 

Maybe Spence he knows he is only ever going to be back up 

As mentioned, not the most active of players for Wilder 

Maybe I, m wrong 

You most certainly are you need to hit the right key to make I'm (its the one with@ btw)😉

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

A performance reminiscent of his time with us. Lacked discipline, defensive positioning and awareness and very much flattered to deceive. Could have been an off night….

Or a cunning plan to make Forest want shot of him😁