oneBoro Forum

Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed

It's a new dawn, a new day in a new year, but hopefully Boro can hang on to the winning form, that has brought a lot of enthusiasm to town, even to this online oasis of Boro knowledge ... the home of quite a few armchair managers, myself  included 🙂

Couch Surfing Arm Chair Qb GIF by Crossroads Church

The mighty Boro (5th) will face Sheffield United (12th) at Bramall Lane .. another in form team with 13 points from the last five games, just like us ... So it will be another tuff game where we have to work 'aaarrrd! 

Work Hard Lets Go GIF by VH1

After a few years with not much to celebrate for the Boro fans, it now feels like something special is coming our way! I DO believe we are contenders to get promoted one way or another this season already - There are no guarantees ofc, but a great transfer window could do the trick!

Premier League Thank You GIF by The First Team

QUESTIONS

1: Starting 11? 
2: How will their fans respond to the return of Chris Wilder?
3: Do you think we will win, so I can write my fifth consecutive MDT?
4: Can Sporar the Scorer keep it up?
5: Payero - Cameo? (That sounds like two car models)
6: Do you follow a team in the Premier League too or is it just DZ being weird? (sry, bro)
7: Can you also feel the magic returning to The Riverside? This even feels better than under Karanka!
8: Do you think the random Boro fan know and appreciate the marvelous work of Alan Knill?
9: Did Epstein do it?
10: How do you celebrate New Year's Eve?

Happy New Year GIF by Hello All

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Omer Studios

• Like 2
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But why should WE have to field a weakened team when literally EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL CLUB has been allowed to postpone?

Sheff Utd had a player with a false positive and the EFL didn't want to take any chances.

You leave me out of this!

Posted Images

1: Starting 11? 

Howson back in if he's available, and rotate Watmore in. 
2: How will their fans respond to the return of Chris Wilder?

Think they'll give him a clap, similar to Aitor's return here. 
3: Do you think we will win, so I can write my fifth consecutive MDT?

This will be a tough one away from home so a draw to start the new year for me. 
4: Can Sporar the Scorer keep it up?

Can see he's picked up a bit of confidence now, he's a good all round striker so if he can also give us the 15 goal return then the reported £5.5m fee for him is a good one in my opinion. It also looks like he wants to be here. 

5: Payero - Cameo? (That sounds like two car models)

Are there any Danish car models? 

6: Do you follow a team in the Premier League too or is it just DZ being weird? (sry, bro)

I have soft spots for a few, but I think he's just being weird tbh 🤠
7: Can you also feel the magic returning to The Riverside? This even feels better than under Karanka!

Magic Trick GIF by MOODMAN
8: Do you think the random Boro fan know and appreciate the marvelous work of Alan Knill?

He doesn't seem to like the limelight anyway... 
9: Did Epstein do it?

😰😰😰
10: How do you celebrate New Year's Eve?

12 grapes, one for each chime... Feliz Navidad

Sadly it seems we are not immune to Covid postponements I guess it was not just Howson who has been affected,

Was only a matter of time and I guess we have been lucky up till now. Would imagine playing Blackpool assisted towards the spread and new infections in the Boro camp and I would think Blackpool will now follow the same route as Boro.

If we are requesting this then the decision must be taken at some point today and sadly a hugely anticipated game will now become victim of this continuing social problem.

No matter how much you protect the players there seems no way the players kids and families can be, I would imagine that the younger element are the main cause of transmissions to a degree.

@SmogDane

Sonni sadly your very good op would seem to be wasted but on the bright side you are the first to reach the 5 up club by default so at some point, unless the unexpected happens (sometimes called a miracle) hen please prepare the Mansfield away 3rd round FA cup fixture, you have plenty of time to do some research on them😉

Thinking about it I guess there is a real danger that this game will be called off as well, probably best to wait and see then put up a thread applicable to a game that will be going ahead.

If there as many reported cases as mentioned we will not have time to recover enough to fulfill this fixture

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Rumours of 15+ cases, which is a shocking turn around.

Most of them probably played the match with Covid if that's true.

Really thought a few of them looked knackered last game. Obviously could have just been fixture congestion, but it could have been covid

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Really thought a few of them looked knackered last game. Obviously could have just been fixture congestion, but it could have been covid

Makes the win even more impressive if that is the case 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed
  • Downsouth locked this topic