oneBoro Forum

Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed

19 minutes ago, ASDFC101 said:

Bit of a long shot but anyone know if anyone is selling any tickets? Apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong thread

I might sell mine depending on the results of today's tests 😁

• Haha 3
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But why should WE have to field a weakened team when literally EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL CLUB has been allowed to postpone?

Sheff Utd had a player with a false positive and the EFL didn't want to take any chances.

You leave me out of this!

Posted Images

For what it's worth this seems to be the list of registered and available players. I've removed confirmed Covid and injuries. Brackets are for loanees who might be eligible to play or players I think may have played a senior game at some point or have been mentioned as having Covid but not confirmed.

Lumley, Daniels, Dejan, Brynn

Dijksteel, Taylor, Hall, Fry, Peltier, (Wood), McNair, Bamba, Bola, (Spence 😁), Willi Kokolo

(Tav), Hernandez, Payero, Siliki, Malley, Crooks, Sivi, Jones, Folarin

Uche, Sporar, Watmore, Coburn

Not counting keepers I see 21 outfield players who have played a senior game. (24 if you count the ones in brackets.) I don't think we can register Connolly in time and I don't think we can be forced to recall Wing.

I think that means we need a minimum of 9 additional covid cases and injuries for the game to be postponed. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If we have 15+ cases then that's a big old egg on our faces, isn't it?

Certainly after Wilder's comments over Christmas.  Although that number of cases would stop questions about whether we were using 'covid' to our advantage as an excuse to get out of playing the match.  I think Will said 12+?

13 minutes ago, White Band said:

Certainly after Wilder's comments over Christmas.  Although that number of cases would stop questions about whether we were using 'covid' to our advantage as an excuse to get out of playing the match.  I think Will said 12+?

I had heard a minimum of 8 last night, I imagine that number would be followed by a full test of everyone involved in the first team.

Downside to this is with QPR winning last night and being only a point behind we may drop out of the top 6 should both QPR and Huddersfield gain wins, in fact QPR ony need a draw to go above us I believe due to goal difference

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Downside to this is with QPR winning last night and being only a point behind we may drop out of the top 6 should both QPR and Huddersfield gain wins, in fact QPR ony need a draw to go above us I believe due to goal difference

True, but we looked a bit leggy at Blackpool and this was probably partly due to some players fighting Covid even if they hadn’t tested positive at that point. We have had little time to rest anyway after that game and SU have been well rested.  Given that, I would rather drop out of top 6 and play the game later when we have a fully fit squad. It probably also means that any new players will be bedded in to the style we play. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

QPR already have two games in hand on us regardless of whether tomorrow happens or not.

There's a good chance we'll drop out when those games are played even if we keep winning.

But we'll have finished 2021 in 5th, which is still nice. 

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1

1: Starting 11? 

Yes, it is normal to start with 11 players...why do you ask? 🤪

On a more serious note, as much as Wilder likes to keep an unchanged line-up, I can foresee some enforced changes. Maybe Taylor, Hall and Watmore coming in.

2: How will their fans respond to the return of Chris Wilder?

Half Baked Boo GIF

3: Do you think we will win, so I can write my fifth consecutive MDT?

Looking Around Star Trek GIF

Unfortunately I think this is where our wining streak comes to an end. Even without Covid, the Blades are an in-form team, at home and will doubtless be extra motivated by the return of their former manager. Think Boro will do well to get a draw from this one.

4: Can Sporar the Scorer keep it up?

On the basis of Question 3, I think Sporar (and all our other strikers) will be firing blanks...assuming the match isn't postponed.

5: Payero - Cameo? (That sounds like two car models)

So do Kamara, Adomah and Ledesma... 

Expect he'll get more time just because the other lads are getting knackered. If so, hope he can do something special. Would also like to see JLS come on.

6: Do you follow a team in the Premier League too or is it just DZ being weird? (sry, bro)

I've been a bit of a closet Spurs fan since Lineker played for them (showing my age here). DZ is weird for many other reasons! 😂

7: Can you also feel the magic returning to The Riverside? This even feels better than under Karanka!

The Forest game certainly felt a bit special, with the atmosphere created by a full house (or very nearly). 

8: Do you think the random Boro fan know and appreciate the marvelous work of Alan Knill?

Probably "knot" - but then not all Smoggies are as knowledgeable as us! 😉 I'm sure his work will come to be appreciated just as much in time.

9: Did Epstein do it?

Yes, he definitely was instrumental in making the Beatles the world-conquering band they became. 😁

10: How do you celebrate New Year's Eve?

New Year Pain GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

QPR already have two games in hand on us regardless of whether tomorrow happens or not.

There's a good chance we'll drop out when those games are played even if we keep winning.

But we'll have finished 2021 in 5th, which is still nice. 

Plus we need to remember sides like QPR have been playing well all season - we're catching up from a very slow start. It shouldn't be a time for heads to drop if they win their games in hand.

We've just arrived at the party 🥳 

• Like 5

Do you think any new signings being lignd up and can join right after midnight and then be eligible to play? 

I have not researched this, it's just a wondering brain fart 

7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Do you think any new signings being lignd up and can join right after midnight and then be eligible to play? 

I have not researched this, it's just a wondering brain fart 

I don’t think so. They need to be signed 24 hours before the game and can’t be signed until the day of the game so I think it’s impossible for us 

• Downsouth changed the title to Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed
  • Downsouth locked this topic