oneBoro Forum

Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed

5 minutes ago, White Band said:

Hull postponed and their match was supposed to be on Sky main event. Same for the Championship game Sky were meant to show as the main event Wednesday night.  I'm afraid, in that context, the 'it's on TV' argument just adds to the appearance of inconsistency. 

EFL proving a point to Gibson 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But why should WE have to field a weakened team when literally EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL CLUB has been allowed to postpone?

Sheff Utd had a player with a false positive and the EFL didn't want to take any chances.

You leave me out of this!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

EFL proving a point to Gibson 

Proving what point? Someone who has always followed their own stupid rules and called others out for not doing so, why would they need to make any sort of point to SG. Should be all the other bent **** owners in this league getting this sort of treatment 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Proving what point? Someone who has always followed their own stupid rules and called others out for not doing so, why would they need to make any sort of point to SG. Should be all the other bent **** owners in this league getting this sort of treatment 

Spot on. Gibson plays by the rules and they try f*** him over every time 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

So interestingly, they're changing the rules for the loanees but explicitly not for Connolly which just seems doubly stupid.

Appalling from the EFL

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

EFL are proving a point to Gibson to show them they can do what they want after Gibson has challenged them so many times (rightly or not).

Majority of other games have been postponed with 48hrs notice or a day notice and yet we are still sitting ducks and been told to play.

Shambles all over but the EFL are showing their teeth and proving a point to Mr Gibson.

Unfortunately us fans are made to suffer and can prove be vital later in the season. 

TV or no TV, this game should be called off like all the other games in the English football League.

19 players yes 19 players and staff unavailable for tomorrow!

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So interestingly, they're changing the rules for the loanees but explicitly not for Connolly which just seems doubly stupid.

I suppose the reasoning would be that those players are already your players.  If they allowed Connolly to play then theoretically a club could sign loads of players to help get them through but obviously some clubs wouldn't be in a position to do that so it would be unfair I guess.

Should have been either play the game or forfeit right from the start.

Just now, boro-unger said:

If I was Wilder, I'd be getting one of the lads with Covid to do everyone's tests. Oh look at that, we're all positive... Sos EFL.

But unfortunately I am not very wild, so I won't do that. 

10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

TV or no TV, this game should be called off like all the other games in the English football League.

As far as I can see most games are on aren't they this weekend?  Or do you mean previous games?

24 minutes ago, White Band said:

Hull postponed and their match was supposed to be on Sky main event. Same for the Championship game Sky were meant to show as the main event Wednesday night.  I'm afraid, in that context, the 'it's on TV' argument just adds to the appearance of inconsistency. 

It wasn't New Years Day where they'd get more viewers. It's also Hull which less people will tune into watch.

Difference with Wednesday is there was multiple games on at the same time so they could easily switch to another.

12.30pm kick off they can't move a fixture forward a few hours.

Just now, Changing Times said:

I suppose the reasoning would be that those players are already your players.  If they allowed Connolly to play then theoretically a club could sign loads of players to help get them through but obviously some clubs wouldn't be in a position to do that so it would be unfair I guess.

Should have been either play the game or forfeit right from the start.

The window will be open before the game is played. In theory he could be signed if there was a desire from the EFL

actually pisses me off.

Theres games getting called off left right and center even upto the day of the game, but nope we have 19 players and staff out with covid and still have to play and if we dont they'll deduct us 3 points just to make us an example again...

absolute *** the EFL are, they've always had it out for us and always will.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

The window will be open before the game is played. In theory he could be signed if there was a desire from the EFL

No, I know that mate.  I'm saying it could encourage teams to sign players to help them get through it.  Recalling your own players at least is just bringing players that are already yours back into the squad.  I'd say there is a distinction there, albeit not a massive one.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed
  • Downsouth locked this topic