oneBoro Forum

Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Only Lumley and Hernandez tested negative who were going to start tomorrow. A further 13 staff tested positive this afternoon.

What the hell was going on on that bus? An orgy!?!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But why should WE have to field a weakened team when literally EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL CLUB has been allowed to postpone?

Sheff Utd had a player with a false positive and the EFL didn't want to take any chances.

You leave me out of this!

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Only Lumley and Hernandez tested negative who were going to start tomorrow. A further 13 staff tested positive this afternoon.

We have 23 staff with the first team?  That can't be right?  Or do you mean the 13 include the 10 we knew about?

4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

So the EFL decided that 32 positive tests in two days was sufficient for a postponement?

Players wise it's 13 players now and it has to be 12 apparently and obviously we only declared 9 earlier this morning.

I'm so glad Howson went round kissing the players after Notts Forrest game.

We were due to test on the 28th and we cancelled as we obviously wanted to play the Blackpool game as we tested the following day.

We are not blame free in this situation either

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Part of club statement:-

We would like to thank our supporters as well as the EFL and Sheffield United for their understanding and co-operation.

You can almost feel the sarcasm in that statement when you reach the bit about the EFL understanding and cooperation!

• Like 2

Another example of why sky is spoiling football, no way would the efl come to that original decision if it wasn't on sky. Efl were probably worried sky wouldn't give them as much money to share out between the clubs if they keep cancelling them. Glad common sense eventually got applied.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Players wise it's 13 players now and it has to be 12 apparently and obviously we only declared 9 earlier this morning.

I'm so glad Howson went round kissing the players after Notts Forrest game.

We were due to test on the 28th and we cancelled as we obviously wanted to play the Blackpool game as we tested the following day.

We are not blame free in this situation either

We played Blackpool on 29th? We must have tested because Howson came back positive before the game. Unless we chose only to test the symptomatic

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Hmmm.

Yep but I'm sure some fans will oversee this and think it's not true.... 

People forget that Gibson has form!

Only saving grace is that I never ever believed we were going to get through this period without our squad getting effected and anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded.

1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

We played Blackpool on 29th? We must have tested because Howson came back positive before the game. Unless we chose only to test the symptomatic

27th was a rest day so can only presume Howson tested himself (that's just my guess)

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yep but I'm sure some fans will oversee this and think it's not true.... 

People forget that Gibson has form!

Only saving grace is that I never ever believed we were going to get through this period without our squad getting effected and anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded.

It’s true that it’s worked out very nicely for us. We’ve kept games on, won them, and now a difficult game off where our players would have been tired and up against a fresh side. Cup next week and no real impact in terms of fixture backlog.

• Like 2