oneBoro Forum

Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed

3 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

By all means post up your evidence?

The club are tested every day. As are all EFL clubs since 16th of December. Makes everything posted utter rubbish. Shouldn’t be posting stuff like that anyway, fair enough post transfer rumours but shouldn’t be posting stuff like that 

• Like 1
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But why should WE have to field a weakened team when literally EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL CLUB has been allowed to postpone?

Sheff Utd had a player with a false positive and the EFL didn't want to take any chances.

You leave me out of this!

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

The club are tested every day. As are all EFL clubs since 16th of December. Makes everything posted utter rubbish. Shouldn’t be posting stuff like that anyway, fair enough post transfer rumours but shouldn’t be posting stuff like that 

Ok thanks.

1 hour ago, AllBoro10 said:

Diggerlad isn’t sharing anything useful he’s just making stuff up or passing on false information. You have to daily test. So get rid of the bullshit please diggerlad does no one any favours 

Passing on false information from within the club... What would I benefit from that?

If you think it's 'bull' then that's your entirely up to you but don't try to belittle someone who is passing information on to members who may want to have an opinion on it themself.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Passing on false information from within the club... What would I benefit from that?

If you think it's 'bull' then that's your entirely up to you but don't try to belittle someone who is passing information on to members who may want to have an opinion on it themself.

Yeah I do . Not everything you say is gospel. I know for a fact this is rubbish. Won’t share though cos I don’t have too 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Ok so big question @Downsouth?

what does this mean for the Mansfield thread?

Who does it?

What does this mean for the winning streak? 

Did the EFL even take this into consideration?

I guess I have the record now, when I do the next MDT 🤩🙃🍾

If the Mansfield game is on, I'll make the thread

• Like 2
7 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I mean if it's false, that's not really on you. Unless you know it to be false. If you don't know it to be true or false then it doesn't really matter and we should really not take it as gospel either way.

My opinion, I don't agree with the way AllBoro10 is putting it about you (especially when it comes to combative information, you both hear what you hear and every blue-arsed fly hears different) but I don't see any reason beyond significant negligence that we wouldn't test our players daily and at similar times rather than testing at times that actively *** on the rules in order to make the best team available.

I don't know about you but I don't get the feeling from Wilder that we are going intentionally out of our way to flout the testing rules. If that's testing every day, I bet by and large we test around the time it is relevant to do so. It's not like if someone has COVID that they always test positive and it's not an immediate thing anyway. We planned to send symptomatic negative testing players down to Sheffield today/tomorrow. Given our intention to get it postponed, I think that tells you all you need to know about where the negligence comes from and it isn't us.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean if it's false, that's not really on you. Unless you know it to be false. If you don't know it to be true or false then it doesn't really matter and we should really not take it as gospel either way.

My opinion, I don't agree with the way AllBoro10 is putting it about you (especially when it comes to combative information, you both hear what you hear and every blue-arsed fly hears different) but I don't see any reason beyond significant negligence that we wouldn't test our players daily and at similar times rather than testing at times that actively *** on the rules in order to make the best team available.

I don't know about you but I don't get the feeling from Wilder that we are going intentionally out of our way to flout the testing rules. If that's testing every day, I bet by and large we test around the time it is relevant to do so. It's not like if someone has COVID that they always test positive and it's not an immediate thing anyway. We planned to send symptomatic negative testing players down to Sheffield today/tomorrow. Given our intention to get it postponed, I think that tells you all you need to know about where the negligence comes from and it isn't us.

Maybe I put my point across wrong I agree but I can 100 percent say what diggerlad said was incorrect and we test daily. That’s a fact. No negligence from the Boro on this.!Happy new year everyone and UTB. 

8 hours ago, SmogDane said:

I guess I have the record now, when I do the next MDT 🤩🙃🍾

If the Mansfield game is on, I'll make the thread

Yes by default you have set a new record, hopefully the game will be rearranged sooner rather than later so your run can continue. We could be in a situation whereby another author is doing the threads by the time this is replayed so even if we were to beat SU it will not change the order as you would have already relinquished by then

• Like 1

If anyone wants the "inside story" of the postponement here it is!

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manic-middlesbrough-sheffield-covid-outbreak-22618587

Just a shame that there was more info on here during the day than in the article which is nothing like an inside story. Still it got me to click. Things have come a long way with the Gazette since AV left, just a shame it's in the wrong direction.

Explaining the situation before the postponement, Wilder had said in his press conference: “We rocked in Thursday morning, we test more than anybody in the Championship and possibly more than quite a lot in the Premier League.

“Everybody takes lateral flow tests before even entering the building.

he also said in he’s press conference for the Blackpool game on the 28th that he was waiting on the results from that days tests. So it sounds like we test everyone in the morning before training starts.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ABH said:

Explaining the situation before the postponement, Wilder had said in his press conference: “We rocked in Thursday morning, we test more than anybody in the Championship and possibly more than quite a lot in the Premier League.

“Everybody takes lateral flow tests before even entering the building.

he also said in he’s press conference for the Blackpool game on the 28th that he was waiting on the results from that days tests. So it sounds like we test everyone in the morning before training starts.

Correct