• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But why should WE have to field a weakened team when literally EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL CLUB has been allowed to postpone?

Sheff Utd had a player with a false positive and the EFL didn't want to take any chances.

You leave me out of this!

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

If I was Wilder, I'd be getting one of the lads with Covid to do everyone's tests. Oh look at that, we're all positive... Sos EFL.

Just a bit of coca cola will do the trick for a LFT đŸ€”đŸ€«

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CanadianBoro said:

For wing and walker specific, are we able to send them back for a loan after again? Is this a temporary recall? Do they have those? Haha

It’s the transfer window, so presumably we can just give them a new loan. The only implication is that if we play them we can’t loan them to anyone other than the club they were loaned to in the first part of the season as they can only play for two clubs in the one season.

Just now, ScarBoro said:

It’s the transfer window, so presumably we can just give them a new loan. The only implication is that if we play them we can’t loan them to anyone other than the club they were loaned to in the first part of the season as they can only play for two clubs in the one season.

This is why it’s a disgrace. they will have to change that rule otherwise how on earth is it fair?

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

This is why it’s a disgrace. they will have to change that rule otherwise how on earth is it fair?

I get where you’re coming from, but in truth we probably weren’t going to recall Wing, so he wouldn’t have moved from Sheffield Wednesday anyway and Spence had already played for us, so couldn’t go elsewhere either. Don’t know about the more junior players - seems a bit unfair on the likes of .Walker. I think he wasn’t getting much game time where he was, so they could well have been looking at moving him. Probably more unfair on the player than the club in many ways.

Apparently there are other Boro players displaying symptoms but tested negative, so they could develop into positive results. That's likely our best chance of us not being screwed over by the EFL. What happens if more of our players (or backroom team) develop Covid symptoms before kick off but don't have time to get a test? It's an utterly bonkers state of affairs.

If you were one of our players out on loan like Wing or Spence and you were recalled and at short notice put into a Covid infested Boro camp, how on earth would they feel about that? Aside from them playin 90 minutes just 36 hours ago, what about their physical and mental health regarding Covid? If I was told I had to go into a Covid infested workplace then I certainly wouldn't want to. No organisation such as the EFL should make anyone do that. Though, given the state of governance in the country I'm not at all surprised to see the EFL behaving in such a shambolic manner. Hopefully Gibson has lawyers all over it as I cannot see how they can expect that to happen. It's a completely different scenario to Blackpool as their problems were predominantly injuries, with just a few Covid cases that were contained, whereas ours has wiped out the majority of the team and backroom team.

The EFL really aren't bright are they? Imagine if the game goes ahead tomorrow live on Sky Sports and a Boro player starts coughing and spluttering on the pitch with Covid symptoms and gets substituted off, and puts a mask on as he leaves the pitch with all staff theatrically keeping away from them.... I'm sure the EFL's sponsors and Sky Sports would absolutely love that image going viral on social media! 

• Like 7

Balls to the EFL, lets go out there tomorrow and prove to the rest of the teams that are cancelling left right and centre that you can field a team if needed........we need to set a precedent and put a markler down for the rest to follow.

Well this is absolute bullshit from the EFL.

As someone has said, chances are a few of the players who WILL play tomorrow probably will have COVID (3 day incubation period, remember) and will be passing it onto Sheff Utd's squad.

What an absolute shitshow. Gibbo, get the lawsuit ready.

7 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Apparently there are other Boro players displaying symptoms but tested negative, so they could develop into positive results. That's likely our best chance of us not being screwed over by the EFL. What happens if more of our players (or backroom team) develop Covid symptoms before kick off but don't have time to get a test? It's an utterly bonkers state of affairs.

If you were one of our players out on loan like Wing or Spence and you were recalled and at short notice put into a Covid infested Boro camp, how on earth would they feel about that? Aside from them playin 90 minutes just 36 hours ago, what about their physical and mental health regarding Covid? If I was told I had to go into a Covid infested workplace then I certainly wouldn't want to. No organisation such as the EFL should make anyone do that. Though, given the state of governance in the country I'm not at all surprised to see the EFL behaving in such a shambolic manner. Hopefully Gibson has lawyers all over it as I cannot see how they can expect that to happen. It's a completely different scenario to Blackpool as their problems were predominantly injuries, with just a few Covid cases that were contained, whereas ours has wiped out the majority of the team and backroom team.

The EFL really aren't bright are they? Imagine if the game goes ahead tomorrow live on Sky Sports and a Boro player starts coughing and spluttering on the pitch with Covid symptoms and gets substituted off, and puts a mask on as he leaves the pitch with all staff theatrically keeping away from them.... I'm sure the EFL's sponsors and Sky Sports would absolutely love that image going viral on social media! 

If any player is showing symptoms of any kind they wouldn't be allowed to play anyway right? It can take up to 5 days from infection to get a positive test. 

If anyone was sick you'd think they'd want them to stay way from the field, not forced into playing a game putting others at risk. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Sheffield U v Middlesbrough Postponed
  • Downsouth locked this topic