oneBoro Forum

Mansfield v Middlesbrough 2-3 (Ikpeazu, Boyd-Munce, O'Toole (og))

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We really don't deserve the win, but I'll take it. 

Think football at all levels may have to get suspended soon though.

With the World Cup stopping things and covid rising I can see the ending of this season and the start of the next changing from their schedules.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!  As I reached level 5 in MDT making, all the members of the Oneboro forum decided to have a huge celebration party!!!  So we all hired the Middlesbrough Karaoke Partybu

I see this forum is going to be absolutely unbearable with regards to Connolly. He hasn’t even played for us yet and there are a large group of forum members seemingly willing him to fail. As soon as

of course it bloody can! just because we don't know who suffered doesn't mean none of them were. They won't have trained properly for a week man.

Posted Images

Well...that second half was not was I expected. Great cup tie. Mansfield outplayed us for much of the second half, but we just keep finding a way to win under Wilder. I'm a believer in the idea that you make your own luck, so I'll take the win!

• Like 2

Pretty shocking performance from us, in even worse conditions. Probably played a large part in how poor we were. Turned into a battle, which they won. Luckily the moments of quality favoured us today. 

Glad the game is over as it was painful to the eyes. Good game for the neutral and Mansfield will be gutted, they should have won quite comfortably in the end.

Deserved to be at least 2-0 up first half at least, deserved to be beaten in second half for sure and we were probably lucky it wasn't more of a beating second half. Is 3-2 the right result......probably just about but harsh on a brilliant second half for Mansfield and poor one from us. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Mansfield v Middlesbrough 2-3 (Ikpeazu, Boyd-Munce, O'Toole (og))

Bit conflicted about this one.

Boro owned the first half and were full value for their 2-0 lead. Complete turnaround 2nd half and Mansfield created enough chances to win the game, while Boro were barely in it.

Thank god for stoppage time and Isiah Jones' pace. Lovely cross but very hard luck on the Mansfield defender who turned the ball into his own net.

Think this is one of those where we just take the result and move on. 

Hard luck on Mansfield - they played some very decent football and made Boro look pretty poor at times. If they play like that in the league, they shouldn't be a League 2 side for much longer.

Another positive for Boro is the competitive game time for a number of squad players. Did very well first half, but along with everyone else faded badly. But good experience for them anyway.

We could have won the first half by plenty, they could have won the second half by plenty.

Bit of a sickener the way they've lost it due to the own goal, we really hadn't earned that goal second half at all.

Still, good cup tie, into the hat for the next round for the first time in a few years.

Worrying defensive performance second half. Wood absolutely ran ragged for the second goal and the disallowed one, Bamba beaten far too easily for their first. They had numerous missed chances which can't be forgotten either.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

I think the positive here is that we are still clearly getting over the COVID outbreak and we are putting this performance in during a third round game rather than a league game. 

I can’t accept that excuse but glad it’s a cup game and not the league. While there is leeway only by nature it was a patched team and the pitch was really bad, but there is no excuse for the poor movement, passing, energy, press, shooting. There are clear warning signs progress will not be so straight forward.