oneBoro Forum

Mansfield v Middlesbrough 2-3 (Ikpeazu, Boyd-Munce, O'Toole (og))

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!  As I reached level 5 in MDT making, all the members of the Oneboro forum decided to have a huge celebration party!!!  So we all hired the Middlesbrough Karaoke Partybu

I see this forum is going to be absolutely unbearable with regards to Connolly. He hasn’t even played for us yet and there are a large group of forum members seemingly willing him to fail. As soon as

of course it bloody can! just because we don't know who suffered doesn't mean none of them were. They won't have trained properly for a week man.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, White Band said:

Oops. I spoke too soon. Looks like Sunderland Wycombe will be going to extra time. 

I think you will find its a League 1 match. not FA Cup!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Yes it can be used as an excuse. Whether they felt ill or not fighting off an infection is going to drain your energy especially as a professional footballer. They’ve barely trained in a week too

I’ll buy it where is the report? 

3 minutes ago, pikerman said:

I am trying not to be too critical of individual players given all the changes, covid, pitch etc, but Lumley had a shocker today and none of the aforementioned really apply to a keeper making such basic errors

As Brunners obviously noticed Tav when a great chance to show his worth sadly did nothing to influence the game, However if he too suffered with Covid then understandable

3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Aye Wood looked out of his depth against a league 2 side, albeit in poor conditions.. but still. Can see why his loans haven’t worked out to date. Didn’t help having Bamba next to him though. A back 3 of them and Peltier is music to the ears of any striker who has the slightest bit of pace.

Thought he was good technically in the tackle and his distrubution from the back but was just found wanting positionally a few times. Bamba will hopefully iron out those creases as he has essentially forged a career off the back off cleaning up balls in behind like the one Wood misjudged today. He'll come good I reckon, takes longer for defensive players to establish themselves, epsecially at CB.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

I’ll buy it were is the report? 

What on earth are you going on about? Do you think we would have put that team out if half the squad weren't suffering from covid? The fact players like Tav, McNair and Howson still played speaks volumes

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought Peltier was great first half. Wood had a decent half too.

But second half, the whole team seemed to fall apart and it really showed up some of the individual weaknesses in the team.

I agree with Peltier and Woods performances in the first half, but thought second half we were victims of the perfect storm - FA Cup, heavy pitch, wet and windy, opponents with nothing to lose and the affects of most not being able to train all week and/or recovering from a virus.

I actually thought it was a remarkable performance in the circumstances.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I think you will find its a League 1 match. not FA Cup!

You have to wonder had we lost today what the odds would have been for Mansfield to play Newcastle

Just now, sanddancer said:

I’ll accept it if you point out which half of this team had Covid and how many training sessions were less then what would normally be conducted. The latter I accepted as a contributor. 
Personally I am not fussed about the cup when there is bigger fish to fry and that being a play off spot.  

We had a COVID outbreak which caused the last league game to be called off. We don't have that many injuries in the squad so, as opposed to some postponed games, 50% or more will have had it. That's a bare minimum.

'how many training sessions were less than what would normally be conducted' - we don't work at Rockliffe. It's just a bit of common sense. If half your team has COVID and is isolating, what do you think is going on at Rockliffe during the past week?

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

We had a COVID outbreak which caused the last league game to be called off. We don't have that many injuries in the squad so, as opposed to some postponed games, 50% or more will have had it. That's a bare minimum.

'how many training sessions were less than what would normally be conducted' - we don't work at Rockliffe. It's just a bit of common sense. If half your team has COVID and is isolating, what do you think is going on at Rockliffe during the past week?

I’m sure Wilder said they had a couple back light training on Thursday and he expected a couple more on Friday. Obviously we also lost lads who may have been training all week but then tested positive (assume Connolly is one of these) and Boyd-Munce arrived yesterday. To say this wouldn’t have an effect on todays game is nonsense. Good result.

• Like 1

Lets look at the positives,we are in the hat  for the next round, 2 late,late winners in a row, players coming back from covid. Only 1 defeat under Wilder.Another few young players getting experience. All gud😎 UTB

• Like 5

You see cup upsets all the time I wouldn't put too much weight behind the second half performances given the circumstances always tough to get to grips with a game when you're subbed on.

• Like 2