oneBoro Forum

Mansfield v Middlesbrough 2-3 (Ikpeazu, Boyd-Munce, O'Toole (og))

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

A few of them could still be recovering from covid which may be why energy levels weren’t great

Could cannot be used as an excuse and there was no reports anyone was suffering. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!  As I reached level 5 in MDT making, all the members of the Oneboro forum decided to have a huge celebration party!!!  So we all hired the Middlesbrough Karaoke Partybu

I see this forum is going to be absolutely unbearable with regards to Connolly. He hasn’t even played for us yet and there are a large group of forum members seemingly willing him to fail. As soon as

of course it bloody can! just because we don't know who suffered doesn't mean none of them were. They won't have trained properly for a week man.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I wonder if any of the Mansfield players caught Wilders eyes?

I wouldn't be unhappy if we put in a bid for their keeper.

• Like 1
Just now, sanddancer said:

Could cannot be used as an excuse and there was no reports anyone was suffering. 

of course it bloody can! just because we don't know who suffered doesn't mean none of them were. They won't have trained properly for a week man.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We could have won the first half by plenty, they could have won the second half by plenty.

Bit of a sickener the way they've lost it due to the own goal, we really hadn't earned that goal second half at all.

Still, good cup tie, into the hat for the next round for the first time in a few years.

Worrying defensive performance second half. Wood absolutely ran ragged for the second goal and the disallowed one, Bamba beaten far too easily for their first. They had numerous missed chances which can't be forgotten either.

Aye Wood looked out of his depth against a league 2 side, albeit in poor conditions.. but still. Can see why his loans haven’t worked out to date. Didn’t help having Bamba next to him though. A back 3 of them and Peltier is music to the ears of any striker who has the slightest bit of pace.

2 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Any cup tie against lower opposition on their home turf is going to be a battle, we won lets just move on. Well played Mansfield, you deserved the draw, its a cruel game at times. 

Very well said. Mansfield were terrific in the second half and the only team in it they did not allow our bigger players time to impose themselves

1 minute ago, White Band said:

Pools and Sunderland both through as well. Wonder if we will get a derby for the next round.

I would suspect Newcastle will beat Cambridge

• Haha 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I wouldn't be unhappy if we put in a bid for their keeper.

I am trying not to be too critical of individual players given all the changes, covid, pitch etc, but Lumley had a shocker today and none of the aforementioned really apply to a keeper making such basic errors

• Like 2
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Aye Wood looked out of his depth against a league 2 side, albeit in poor conditions.. but still. Can see why his loans haven’t worked out to date. Didn’t help having Bamba next to him though. A back 3 of them and Peltier is music to the ears of any striker who has the slightest bit of pace.

I thought Peltier was great first half. Wood had a decent half too.

But second half, the whole team seemed to fall apart and it really showed up some of the individual weaknesses in the team.

3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Yes it can be used as an excuse. Whether they felt ill or not fighting off an infection is going to drain your energy especially as a professional footballer. They’ve barely trained in a week too

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

What? Of course there's an excuse for those things. Half the team are still recovering, there was likely very little training over the last week & a lot of the team hadn't played together as a unit before. 

I’ll accept it if you point out which half of this team had Covid and how many training sessions were less then what would normally be conducted. The latter I accepted as a contributor. 
Personally I am not fussed about the cup when there is bigger fish to fry and that being a play off spot.