oneBoro Forum

Mansfield v Middlesbrough 2-3 (Ikpeazu, Boyd-Munce, O'Toole (og))

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I see this forum is going to be absolutely unbearable with regards to Connolly. He hasn’t even played for us yet and there are a large group of forum members seemingly willing him to fail. As soon as I saw that he wasn’t on the team sheet today, it was inevitable that the conspiracy rumours were going to start doing the rounds on here. 

I'm not willing him to fail, I just pointed out that his previous attitude towards covid restrictions seems to be very much still in effect, and that it might cause problems for the club.

• Like 2
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!  As I reached level 5 in MDT making, all the members of the Oneboro forum decided to have a huge celebration party!!!  So we all hired the Middlesbrough Karaoke Partybu

I see this forum is going to be absolutely unbearable with regards to Connolly. He hasn’t even played for us yet and there are a large group of forum members seemingly willing him to fail. As soon as

of course it bloody can! just because we don't know who suffered doesn't mean none of them were. They won't have trained properly for a week man.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I see this forum is going to be absolutely unbearable with regards to Connolly. He hasn’t even played for us yet and there are a large group of forum members seemingly willing him to fail. As soon as I saw that he wasn’t on the team sheet today, it was inevitable that the conspiracy rumours were going to start doing the rounds on here. 

You think that's bad, what about this one - some criticism of Nathan Wood on FMTTM and somebody suggested that 'he's still young, give him time', only to be told 'Not sure how much time he has to be honest'.  I mean *** me, he's 19 years old, I think he must have been the youngest player out there today, he can't have played 20 professional games yet, and he's already running out of time?  

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

How'd we do today? Haven't sifted through the thread as was at a family do. 

Excellent first half, should have been 4 up by the break really. 

Didn't turn up at all in the 2nd half, credit to Mansfield they really pushed us and we were dead on our feet.

Izzy won us the game, yet again.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the game and would like to get another lower league team in next round. More cash for them and better odds for us. let the big boys knock each other out instead. Boreham Wood or Kidderminster or even a good pay day for the Pools

• Like 1
1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I get what you are saying but when it looked like it was really obvious he would be playing today and then isnt even in the squad with the lack of numbers, people are going to question it. People do the same most weeks with people like Payero.

I think it's a bit much to say "large group of forum members seemingly willing him to fail" when I think only one person today was "trying to villify him". 

I'm not criticising Connolly in this btw, i'm criticising Brighton for sending someone out on loan to get gametime and then stop him from playing. 

• Like 2

Probably be helpful if club emphasises reason for him not playing is not due to him. Lad needs a bit of support so up to us to see he gets it, might even help to see that some people are behind him

13 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Probably be helpful if club emphasises reason for him not playing is not due to him. Lad needs a bit of support so up to us to see he gets it, might even help to see that some people are behind him

The club shouldn’t have to though? It’s just some fans treating him differently to other players for no legitimate reason. 

All fans should be behind him, he’s a young lad who’s decided to come all the way up north to get some game time.

People were judging him by the girlfriend he has ffs. It’s embarrassing.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Ayeres said:

Only been around since 2011, used to post under the nick "Tellerion" in my "early days" 😅 

That actually rings a bell. I was around on the old forum too. 👍

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

A bit over the top.

All we've had is some folks expressing valid concerns over someone who's a known trouble-maker, or at the very least had made a questionable reputation for himself at his current club.

Boro are in the process of getting themselves out of a pretty deep hole created by previous managers and it not unreasonable to be concerned at the impending arrival of someone who could throw a spanner in the works if he continues to behave as he has in the past.

He might turn out to be a model pro for us...but then again he might not...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Nobody is willing him to fail on here, that kind of thought process is reserved purely for our own youth players after they've played 5 games for us.

• Like 2