oneBoro Forum

A little thank you

Feel a little strange posting this but just wanted to thank all the members for their contributions to the site.  Been struggling for the last 2 years. Often go to bed on a night wondering whether it would just be easier to stay asleep.  When i do wake up and try to pretend everything is ok and go to work as normal this forum is a genuine source of escape for me.  Thanks to all. #UTFB

• Like 12
  • Thanks 24
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel a little strange posting this but just wanted to thank all the members for their contributions to the site.  Been struggling for the last 2 years. Often go to bed on a night wondering whether it

Hi everyone, I am fine. I’m sorry for the message last night being poorly worded.  In the daylight of morning i can see how it might have been misleading. i was only trying to say i need to

@Youngy228first of all, very brave of you to speak up on here. Many wouldn't. As most of you know, I like so many have had a tough couple of years myself, and, with social contact limited, it's b

4 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Feel a little strange posting this but just wanted to thank all the members for their contributions to the site.  Been struggling for the last 2 years. Often go to bed on a night wondering whether it would just be easier to stay asleep.  When i do wake up and try to pretend everything is ok and go to work as normal this forum is a genuine source of escape for me.  Thanks to all. #UTFB

You have been a tremendous contributor to this forum @Youngy228 The predictions league is fantastic and you keep people interested in it with your brilliant work. I for one would love to sit down and have a pint with you someday. Keep the faith my friend UTB 

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

A lot of Boro fans have felt like that over the past 2 years 😉

Day by day mate, just go day by day, enjoying what you can from each day, and looking forward to what you can about the following one 👍

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

Mate keep fighting. Sometimes life smacks us in the face…things seem impossible, but they aren’t. If there is anything I can do to help or if you just need to talk, please dm me. 

I’ve not contributed much over the last year, I’ve been through the mill, but I still check out this forum every day and I agree, it’s cathartic and there is a real sense of community. 

look after yourself UTFB

• Like 6

You keep your head up and don't let it drop ok @Youngy228.

Echo the thoughts of what other posters have said above. We all here for you. If you ever need anything just get in touch with any one of us mate.

@Changing Times is right. Just try take 1 day at a time and you will keep winning. Just like you are now.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

Life's a lot like supporting Boro, it's not easy and indeed is often painful and difficult and you wonder why you bother sometimes. The hard times don't last forever (1986), there are cup runs and promotions interspersed with those relegations and Pulis ball.

Every so often along comes a Charlton, a Rioch, a Robson or a Karanka and life suddenly seems a lot better. Granted those good times don't last but neither do the bad ones and before you know it they are all consigned to the past. Better things do come along and like Boro there will be a Wilder effect soon and usually when you least expect it. 

Massive respect to you for coming on here and putting it out there!

• Like 4
6 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Mate keep fighting. Sometimes life smacks us in the face…things seem impossible, but they aren’t. If there is anything I can do to help or if you just need to talk, please dm me. 

I’ve not contributed much over the last year, I’ve been through the mill, but I still check out this forum every day and I agree, it’s cathartic and there is a real sense of community. 

look after yourself UTFB

Kind words there BWS and as everyone else says we are all here to contact if you feel there are certain members you would like to bouce off so to speak. A good kind person would be @Uwe solid chap and worth talking to.

After reading your op realise how petty so many of us are at times and how poorly we often interact with other forum members, I for one will try and improve that aspect

• Like 2

@Youngy228 While  you’re posting in your toilet/bedroom/lounge etc it’s easy to feel alone. Believe me when I say that’s not the case you are important and would be missed by so many people. Stay strong King 💪 

@BillyWoofs_shinpad & @Youngy228 I honestly believe we are social creatures and benefit greatly from actual human interaction face to face. I’m up Boro for the Coventry game would love to meet for a beer/coffee//food just to put the human element into this forum. The offer stands for all of this forum just drop me a line👍

Chris

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

This board puts me to sleep sometimes @Youngy228 but different strokes for different folks 😉

Glad it’s been a source of comfort to you. There’s always an open invitation to private message me if you want to have a bitch about some of the divvys on here…or anything else of course 👍🏻

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

For what its worth, you're not the only one. I'm sure there are some other folks on here in similar positions and I know for a fact there are many across the country who are also struggling. God knows I have days where I wonder why I bother (with anything).

You are a great contributor to the forum and you've been brilliant at organising the Predictions League. This forum would definitely be a poorer place without you.

Would like to echo the offer some others have made. If you ever feel like you need to get something off your chest, feel free to DM me. A problem shared is a problem halved (or so they say).

• Like 2

@Youngy228you are a valuable contributer to the group, so take comfort that other ppl enjoy reading your views too. We all have these days and like others have said, take each day as it comes, and it can sometimes be all about small wins. Take care buddy.

• Like 2

You are a big part of this community mate! You aren't alone in any of this so keep your head up, take things one day at a time and take every little small win and build off of that. 

Feel free to PM me too and always remember that we value you and your contributions!

• Like 1