• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel a little strange posting this but just wanted to thank all the members for their contributions to the site.  Been struggling for the last 2 years. Often go to bed on a night wondering whether it

Hi everyone, I am fine. I’m sorry for the message last night being poorly worded.  In the daylight of morning i can see how it might have been misleading. i was only trying to say i need to

@Youngy228first of all, very brave of you to speak up on here. Many wouldn't. As most of you know, I like so many have had a tough couple of years myself, and, with social contact limited, it's b

10 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

Feel a little strange posting this but just wanted to thank all the members for their contributions to the site.  Been struggling for the last 2 years. Often go to bed on a night wondering whether it would just be easier to stay asleep.  When i do wake up and try to pretend everything is ok and go to work as normal this forum is a genuine source of escape for me.  Thanks to all. #UTFB

Youngy228 I feel for you. The first big step is to be open and talk and I admire your strength to have done so.
I am a good listener and if you have something you wish to get off your chest or share or simply want a connection, PM me anytime. 

• Like 3

@Youngy228first of all, very brave of you to speak up on here. Many wouldn't.

As most of you know, I like so many have had a tough couple of years myself, and, with social contact limited, it's been a great comfort to find people online to have a chat and a laugh about the less important things (and remember, that's what football is!)

Keep looking upwards, pal.

• Like 10

I've had those feelings of hopelessness as well, @Youngy228. I spent most of 2020 and the first quarter of 2021 going to bed hoping I wouldn't wake up in the morning, and then feeling sad when I inevitably did. The first few months of last year were the worst of my life, for a variety of reasons, but circumstances have steadily improved since those bleak days.

I've deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts (and I previously left FMTTM) because all the baiting and bitterness was becoming more harmful than beneficial, but oneBoro is one of the few sites I still contribute to - precisely because it's not toxic or hostile. Look at all these responses from genuine people who really value each others' contributions and opinions. That's increasingly rare on the internet, but it's something positive to cherish when other things don't seem worthwhile.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I've had those feelings of hopelessness as well, @Youngy228. I spent most of 2020 and the first quarter of 2021 going to bed hoping I wouldn't wake up in the morning, and then feeling sad when I inevitably did. The first few months of last year were the worst of my life, for a variety of reasons, but circumstances have steadily improved since those bleak days.

I've deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts (and I previously left FMTTM) because all the baiting and bitterness was becoming more harmful than beneficial, but oneBoro is one of the few sites I still contribute to - precisely because it's not toxic or hostile. Look at all these responses from genuine people who really value each others' contributions and opinions. That's increasingly rare on the internet, but it's something positive to cherish when other things don't seem worthwhile.

Hope you're doing better now too mate, and my offer stands to you (and anyone who feels they need it) to PM me if you ever just want to vent / rant / talk or anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate all of the responses here.  I'm doing ok at the moment which is kind of why I wanted to thank people for the forum.  I know different people use it in different ways and for a variety of reasons.  But as I said for me it's a great escape and I enjoy reading people's views and seeing their discussions regardless of whether I agree with them 100% or 0%!  So thanks again everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Terrific thanks one and all for responding to this thread yes sometimes there are instances of pettiness and unkind words thrown around but we can all do better than that.

I apologise if I have insulted or berated folks on here I am not that kind of guy and I will strive to do better, yes even with you @Denzel Zanzibar🥰

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Appreciate all the responses - time for me to bow out and say goodbye to the forum - it's been a great soother for me during some difficult times but feel it's time. 

It can still be a great soother going forwards and now more than ever when it looks like Boro are about to go on a great ride and what a time it will be for us all to share that journey after the last few years of dross. Keep popping in even if it is just to lurk and read. We all need each other on here to keep oneboro interesting, more importantly for you to update us and letting us know how you are getting on. Please rethink and keep contributing even if it is just to like posts.

1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

Appreciate all the responses - time for me to bow out and say goodbye to the forum - it's been a great soother for me during some difficult times but feel it's time. 

We do not want to lose you my friend and what you are indicating seems very ominous, please pm me your phone number if you want to talk.

A lot of people are going to be concerned about your welfare 

I have sent you my number free to call anytime

• Like 1

Better safer than sorry I have made a report to Cleveland Police voicing concern over Youngy.

If anyone has had private communication from him or indeed knows him personally could they contact CP on101 quoting CVP/22/007764 or log onto their website using contact management so information can be posted without the need for direct phone calls.

We believe he is from the Stockton area but his last 12 posts have been from a different IP showing up in the Sudbury Suffolk area.

@Youngy228 if you are safe and well and just struggling would you let CP know you are ok maybe thy can offer better advise than we can on the forum

Do not want to embarress anyone so apologies if I have done but this feels like the right thing to do.

CP will be looking at this thread I have been made aware of that so please do help if you can.

Never imagined having to do this and I hope that I have done the right thing on behalf of all of us and we have some positive info regarding our friend

• Like 4