oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Don't you just hate it when the team that Boro are playing get hammered the previous week. 

Then Boro go out of their way to make them look like Champions League material the following week.

Whats the betting.  😁

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/middlesbrough-v-reading/winner

53 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Don't you just hate it when the team that Boro are playing get hammered the previous week. 

Then Boro go out of their way to make them look like Champions League material the following week.

Whats the betting.  😁

Thank god it's the same week. We'll let Readings opponents next week worry🤷‍♂️

Readings defence looked completely lost and disorganised against Fulham. They weren't too clever looking against Kidderminster either. The way Wilder's Boro play with pressing and closing down quickly they will look like a Cat on a hot tin roof. Add Jones rampaging down the right and cutting in with the CB's overloading and I think we could see a collapse worse than an England Cricket team by half time!

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

@Erimus74

Come on buddy need to read your memory lane encounters against Reading.

Talking about that are there any in living memory players who have played for both clubs

Found this handy webpage that lists players that have played for both. 

You should check it out Alan 😉

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/a-foot-in-both-camps-reading

1: Who will be in the starting 11? (another attempt to get this question right without giving Anglian Red the opportunity to be the funny guy)

*sigh* Its not easy being the genius I am. 😣

1675841183_BorovReading.png.c597348c33828357d4051ad85670f5f0.png

Expect Balogun to be on the bench.

2: What will the scoreline be after 90 minutes?

Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Reading

(Dammit I've gone and jinxed us now...)

3: Are you happy with the new signings so far? 

Dunno - haven't seen them in action yet. But in Wilder we trust. If half of what I've read on the transfer thread is anything like accurate, Boro should emerge from the transfer window significantly strengthened.

4: Will Balogun be a scoop for us? 

Depends whether he treats us as a genuine development opportunity or sulks over having to move away from London. We've done alright with Arsenal loanees before, so quietly confident.

5: Which animal would you rather have as a pet; a giraffe or a kangaroo?

Kangaroo. You could keep it in the house at night to deter burglars. Anyone that did break in would risk an almighty kicking. Plus roos are cuter and more cuddly than giraffes...a sort of cross between a horse and a dog.

6: Why is Reading spelled like reading but pronounced reading and not reading? 

If I'm reading you correctly, I think its because reading in Reading is akin to barking in Barking. Also interestingly Geiger counters give no readings in Reading and utility companies are in despair because its impossible to get meter Readings. Last but not least, local soul artist Otis Reading can't catch a break, while some other fella with a very similar name became incredibly rich and famous.

7: Discuss our chances of promotion this season - What are our chances on  a scale from 7 to 89?

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Life GIF

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting to hear McGree can play LWB... Would be more dynamic going forward than Taylor or Pelts. 

Has he been officially announced yet as I though Wilder had hinted he wanted his involvement against Reading

20 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Has he been officially announced yet as I though Wilder had hinted he wanted his involvement against Reading

Apparently we have till 12 tomorrow to register him. Sounds like its just admin and paperwork of signing an international player holding it up.

1. Who will be in the starting 11? (another attempt to get this question right without giving Anglian Red the oportunity to be the funny guy)

As long as we rotate the strikers, I don't care who starts and who comes on.

3-1 to us.

Delighted on paper, but they need to start living up to their promise now. Potential won't get us up the table.

The consensus seems to be yes, so...yes.

Giraffes are the wife's favourite, so if I came home with a giraffe, I'd have more chance of getting some that night. Though it might watch us through the window. Kinky animals, giraffes. 

Never mind that, why did they build the Madejski in the most inaccessible location known to man? Even Ranulph Fiennes declined the prospect of a trip there as being too challenging. Trying to get back into central Reading after a game is a nightmare.

7: Discuss our chances of promotion this season - What are our chances on  a scale from 7 to 89?

42 - it's the answer to life, the universe and everything.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

1. Who will be in the starting 11? (another attempt to get this question right without giving Anglian Red the oportunity to be the funny guy)

As long as we rotate the strikers, I don't care who starts and who comes on.

3-1 to us.

Delighted on paper, but they need to start living up to their promise now. Potential won't get us up the table.

The consensus seems to be yes, so...yes.

Giraffes are the wife's favourite, so if I came home with a giraffe, I'd have more chance of getting some that night. Though it might watch us through the window. Kinky animals, giraffes. 

Never mind that, why did they build the Madejski in the most inaccessible location known to man? Even Ranulph Fiennes declined the prospect of a trip there as being too challenging. Trying to get back into central Reading after a game is a nightmare.

42 - it's the answer to life, the universe and everything.

We walked from the ground to the town centre. Ian Botham and Jeff Stelling joined us for part of the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )