oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

I wonder how long it'll be before we have a settled team akin to Aitor's promotion season, when nine of the starting XI chose themselves every game. Today, I haven't got a clue who might start for us, especially up front. I guess a lot depends on how Balogun and Connolly settle in, so I hope at least one of them gets a start this afternoon.

7 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I wonder how long it'll be before we have a settled team akin to Aitor's promotion season, when nine of the starting XI chose themselves every game. Today, I haven't got a clue who might start for us, especially up front. I guess a lot depends on how Balogun and Connolly settle in, so I hope at least one of them gets a start this afternoon.

I'd argue we're already there? Only positions up for debate are LWB and left CF today I reckon. No way Sporar gets dropped.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I'd argue we're already there? Only positions up for debate are LWB and left CF today I reckon. No way Sporar gets dropped.  

I think Taylor's claimed that LWB spot when fit, he was excellent against Forest he should have scored and he put in some really dangerous deliveries it was just unfortunate he missed out against Blackpool not sure if it was COVID related or not.

Looking forward to today, hopefully if Balogun's fully got over COVID we get the chance to see a brief cameo.

Reading seem to be in a state at the moment as well they barely have any senior defenders fit and they're pinning their hopes on Lucas Joao rumoured to be returning for this game.

I'm going 3-1 Boro Connolly, Sporar, Crooks

I’m not sure about the result today, not being a downer though it’s just based on the fact I cannot tell how Reading are going to play rather than the Boro.

in the last week they have been knocked out of the FA cup by non league opposition, mid week they got hammered 0-7 at home by Fulham, their squad is badly hit by injuries suspensions and Afcon.

My head says like many on here 3-0 but I cannot help feeling that Reading will either crumble or they will go out with pride and heart to prove something and that’s a random factor you just cannot judge.

2 hours ago, Blanco said:

A big three points required today. Got to start quickly and go for the jugular. 4-0 to the Boro

Have to agree and well to be honest we have looked shakey in the last two games and caused some concerns.

Am sure Wilder will hope that our goals scored will improve and I am expecting that however playing a team who let in 7 goals at their own ground is not a guarentee.

Just do not want Reading doing the double over us

2-1 to the Boro. We’ll go 2-0 up before conceding around the 70 min mark for the usual squeaky  bum time 

UTB

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Purely based on how busy my train from York is I think we might get a decent crowd today.

Also plenty of Watford fans heading to Newcastlol so I wished them luck.

Good job you didn't suggest that they could look forward to their local Luton V Watford fixture next season😁

• Haha 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )