oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We rely far too much on Jones, it's a good job he's *** awesome.

As is Matt Crooks. 

Two lucky, at the death wins bit that's what you need to get out of this league!

On we march, UTFB

sign of a good side when they can still get wins when there not at their best

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

balogun looks a player unlike the other lad that i shall not name. great win this. these are the type of games that got us promoted under karanka. utfb

I agree that Balogun looked good although I thought Connolly worked hard. 

Phew!

I seem to recall saying this in a recent match that it seems harsh on the opposition, but Boro again reap the rewards for pushing right to the end.

Although in this case I think they only woke up in the 80th minute.

For the majority of the 2nd half Boro just weren't in the game and Reading looked good value for their lead.

It was like something suddenly clicked - maybe realising how close they were to defeat?

Whatever the reason we finally saw the Boro we've become used to...the intense, pressing, ball-winning Boro that Wilder has transformed us into lately.

It is slightly worrying how scrappy we've been in the last 2-3 games, getting results by the skin of our teeth. Whether thats down to Covid or other reasons is beside the point.

Anyway, in a nutshell, delighted with the result, but concerned with how poor we were for most of the game.

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

When Wilder was appointed, did any of you believe we would be level with WBA at this point? 

Unbelieveable!

Also good to see we can still manage to grab wins when we're not playing well. The sign of a good team, so they say...

• Like 3