oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

6 minutes ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

This might be a daft question, but is there a reason we didn't have any ball boys? Reading spent most of the game time wasting, and their job was easier because our players and coaches had to constantly fetch balls.

I don't think we've had ball boys since the restart after the big pandemic suspension 

• Like 1
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

Just now, Smoggy-in-VA said:

Is that just us or the EFL? I haven't noticed it when I've watched premier league games.

I didn't think anyone had ball boys at the moment. Maybe I haven't been watching closely enough

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Goodness how big a game next week against Blackburn will be? Full house possibly and so much to play for

Hope we don't have a bent ref this time. I still have a bit of a grudge about the incident affecting Fry.

• Like 1

Completely dominant in the first half, but struggled to create any huge chances.

A bit poor in the second half but never gave up.

Massive win, and one I would still say was deserved.

I liked the look of Connolly.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, expat-acklam said:

I liked the look of him too, thought he was better than Watmore when he came on, maybe a bit too eager at times to prove himself but it was his first game for Boro.

Watmore on a technical level just isn't up to it, heart of a lion and will run all day and has that bit of instinctive skill in him but generally speaking I'd prefer him to be 4th choice.

As for bringing on Coburn instead of Payero, he's gotten lucky there has Wilder! Wish he could do more subs than just the strikers.

What an end to the game! Get in. 

Couldnt believe it when CW replaced defenders and midfielders with strikers. Our past few managers would have just replaced connolly and sporar with watmore and balogun and then been surprised when we didnt create any more chances. 

Not that we needed strikers with Crooks on the pitch. Great header at the death.

Wakawakawooooo!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Watmore on a technical level just isn't up to it, heart of a lion and will run all day and has that bit of instinctive skill in him but generally speaking I'd prefer him to be 4th choice.

As for bringing on Coburn instead of Payero, he's gotten lucky there has Wilder! Wish he could do more subs than just the strikers.

Disagree about Watmore, he's a clever player who has made the difference for us so often this season thus far. That lob he scored was a wonderful bit of play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1