oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

35 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

That was bleeding electric at the end! What's with these last minute winners?

Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s three games in a row? 

Looking back over the last few games Chris really needs to get the team ticking from the start. I was taught from a young age to pass with pace, all the time even in practice and one thing that stands out for me is the sloppy BORO passing. The danger is opposition anticipation or the ball hitting a grass patch against the grain and it’s gone. 
The second we lack movement off the ball, providing options or drawing opposition. 
Play the one touch passing. Only carry the ball if drawing out a player or on the break.  
Patience. Keep the ball moving quickly, head up and wait. 

Its what I see but to be fair as much as I was taught the same it’s hard to put in practice unless in peak shape. Tiredness and I got brain fogging or tunnel vision..

Now that’s  why we haven't been beaten in 7 games 😂 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

Thought he was a lot better today

I thought, like most the team, he had a relatively poor 80 minutes but as we all seemed to wake up, he did too. Credit to him for the ball for Crooks, he gets a lot of flak but he literally delivered in the end.

Thought it was interesting Drury prodded Wilder about the flak he gets in his post match interview and Wilder acknowledged it as a thing he's aware of. Suppose the lad couldn't help but be aware of it. Got to back him to get back to his best but during a game, he does make it hard for himself at times. Still, after acknowledging the situation, Wilder said how much he thinks of Tav and it's clear he's very happy with the quality he has.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Naisby said:

From the highlights you got the feeling chances wise it was all Boro especially in the first half. Their goal was a typical Caroll header.

Our two goals were nicely made and nicely finished, but especially liked the fact the highlights showed Boro doing something with corners.

I was glancing at this thread during the match and it gave the impression that we were sitting back not doing much and just missing some chances.

Do sky’s highlights do justice to the match and tell the whole story or were Reading much more into the game?

We were all over them bar a ten minute spell after HT - Reading had two shots on the edge of the box, a Swift free kick and Carroll's goal - they parked the bus and tried to ride it out from 0-0 even their fans were shocked when Carroll looped one in.

Ref had an absolute shocker today as well he was clueless he stopped play for 2 minutes for Andy Carroll to tie his shoelaces.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Couburn is also 6'4 and he had a corner kick. That might have played into that as well. Knowing we'd be firing ball into the box with little time left.

If he was 6’2 and had eyes of blue, we could have had a recycling of an old favourite holgate Anthem.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

We were all over them bar a ten minute spell after HT - Reading had two shots on the edge of the box, a Swift free kick and Carroll's goal - they parked the bus and tried to ride it out from 0-0 even their fans were shocked when Carroll looped one in.

Ref had an absolute shocker today as well he was clueless he stopped play for 2 minutes for Andy Carroll to tie his shoelaces.

Thanks  @Jamie-H appreciate that.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Just after half time as well, surely he can check his laces then?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Was sat there in the first half, two of their lads get correct bookings thinking maybe we've got a decent ref today.

Then the shoelaces incident happened and it was all downhill from there. An incredible situation really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Was sat there in the first half, two of their lads get correct bookings thinking maybe we've got a decent ref today.

Then the shoelaces incident happened and it was all downhill from there. An incredible situation really.

The attempted rugby tackle on Balogun because he was clear somehow being called as a Balogun foul because he dodged the tackle it is another highlight of the ref's performance.

He missed about 3 Reading bookings as well, I'd love to see that Sporar penalty incident again as well it was either a clear dive or he was tripped. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I didn’t see or hear this shoelace incident, but now I’ve got a mental picture of a sub commando crawling onto the pitch and tying someone’s laces together. 😅

• Haha 1

Luckily Crooks come up trumps today for us inside the box with his power and aerial ability. Fair play to wilder for changing to the 343 and then to whatever it was when coburn come on. My only concern is that if it wasn't for our midfielder causing chaos in their box when we got the ball in from wide areas none of our current strikers other than coburn would have a chance of doing that. They are great when teams are looking to beat us and leaving space behind but today and against Preston and millwall we really struggled in the 532 to get the forwards into the game when a team plays deeper. It's something we will need to address moving forward I think when we are playing certain teams especially at home.

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Goodness how big a game next week against Blackburn will be? Full house possibly and so much to play for

My son has just had be book a Premier Inn and tickets with a pledge of going to school the next day!

1 minute ago, edinboro said:

My son has just had be book a Premier Inn and tickets with a pledge of going to school the next day!

Guess where he won’t be going the next day 🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The attempted rugby tackle on Balogun because he was clear somehow being called as a Balogun foul because he dodged the tackle it is another highlight of the ref's performance.

He missed about 3 Reading bookings as well, I'd love to see that Sporar penalty incident again as well it was either a clear dive or he was tripped. 

Looked like a dive to me, to be honest. Certainly there was a couple of times where they could easily have had a man sent off, he was very lenient with them after he’d given the original yellows. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

Thought he was a lot better today

Spent the game arguing with a fella about Tav. I think he's a wining team player. This other guy just doesn't rate him. He's pure Marmite.