oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Naisby said:

I don’t think we have had set ball boys in ages, esp since covid. Before that I think it was just the under 15’s or something. Used to be a reward for local schools but don’t think we do that anymore.

Hmmm...I guess I just hadn't noticed it until today with Reading's time wasting antics.

When Carroll scored, I thought it was going to be one of those "typical Boro" days. We played well in the first half, but the final pass / final shot was off. I thought Jones' inexperience showed a little bit today with his first half display. He was playing well, but some of his decisions in the final third didn't come off. Couldn't argue with his assist though...he left their defender for dead!

I would echo some of the earlier posts about the ref. Thought their left back (Bristow?) should have been off after the second time that he yanked Jones' shirt. I think the only reason he didn't book him was because he had already been yellow-carded.

Three games with last minute goals! It's just great to enjoy watching games again. Reminds me of when I was a kid in the Holgate watching Rioch's team. We didn't always win, but it was largely enjoyable 🙂

UTB.!

• Like 3

Isn't that table starting to look lovely. If the league finished as it is i would really fancy ourselves in the playoffs bar our little Wembley curse (maybe we can request moving to the Millennium stadium or the old school 2 legged games). I would prefer Bournemouth and Fulham to go up automatically despite our performances in the games against them this season i feel they have better quality available than the other teams.

Screenshot_20220115-215901_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Isn't that table starting to look lovely. If the league finished as it is i would really fancy ourselves in the playoffs bar our little Wembley curse (maybe we can request moving to the Millennium stadium or the old school 2 legged games). I would prefer Bournemouth and Fulham to go up automatically despite our performances in the games against them this season i feel they have better quality available than the other teams.

Wonder if it’s worth letting Celtic know we won, again! 7 games on the trot unbeaten 😂

• Haha 2

It still doesn't feel like we're that comfortable in these games where we dominate possession. That's the thing that will take the longest for this squad... to shake the Warnock out of them, to create clear cut chances by moving the ball about in possession rather than just nicking the ball. 

There's definitely a shift in my mentality watching this team where I'd be disappointed with Draws rather than considering them decent results!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Table 6 games ago for comparison:

image.png.af1b9c65724bc9ea7b2bd852c0685b6e.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20220116-073926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.034cfe73c52947b8bc607a782a687058.jpg

There's the table starting from since Wilder took over.

We obviously play Blackburn next too.

Know it has been mentioned before but if only MFC had acted earlier in the season with regards to NW

11 hours ago, Will said:

Djed who?

Its mental really. For a lad who is still working on that final ball he is a assist monster and in big moments. I doubt any player has got the number of assists he has since Wilder came in and this is still him being quite raw. Scary to think where his ceiling could be. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Its mental really. For a lad who is still working on that final ball he is a assist monster and in big moments. I doubt any player has got the number of assists he has since Wilder came in and this is still him being quite raw. Scary to think where his ceiling could be. 

He's up to joint 5th in the overall assist chart, I'm expecting him to overtake the 3 people above him that aren't Mitrovic and Harry Wilson by the end of the season.

Hopefully he scores a few more too.

11 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

Just to update this before Changing Times comes back and tries to catch me out, this is technically inaccurate if you count our 2-2 draw with Notts County which we won on penalties as a win, though many statistics would class it as a draw.

In which case we won 6 in a row under Pulis.

So I'll shift that to 5 wins in a row in normal time for the first time since Karanka.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the forehead of Crooks a few yards out. Absolutely magnificent piece of action. Thank god we have him on a long contract. 

• Like 7