oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

Ta. I've listened to it a few times and still can't work out what they're saying before "thats why we sing this song" though...

Chrissy Wilder said 

he *** loves Paddy McNair 

ohhh words can’t describe 

Isiah running down the right hand side 

Crooksys hair is fine

he scores belters all the time 

that’s we sing this song 

for the Boro all night long 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Ta. I've listened to it a few times and still can't work out what they're saying before "thats why we sing this song" though...

Chris Wilder said,

He f*****g loves paddy mcnair,

Ohhh words can’t describe,

Isaiah running down the right hand side,

Crooks hair is fine,

Scores belters all the time,

That’s why we sing this song,

For the boro all night long,

du du du du....

To the tune of enola gay (sort of 🤣)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Chris Wilder said,

He f*****g loves paddy mcnair,

Ohhh words can’t describe,

Isaiah running down the right hand side,

Crooks hair is fine,

Scores belters all the time,

That’s why we sing this song,

For the boro all night long,

du du du du....

To the tune of enola gay (sort of 🤣)

And this is a song which according to the internet, was first utilised by Celtic for Stuart Armstrong, wonder if that Forrest guy will make an article about this aswell.

• Haha 6

I’m surprised at the number of negative posts. First half was good we were unlucky, Reading were awful. They ever so slightly bucked up there ideas and got lucky with the goal. We got what we deserved in the end against a team that made themselves difficult to break down. 
No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. I’d keep things the same going into Blackburn. The only thing I’d like to see is a bit more attacking threat from our LWB. Would give us a bit more balance with Jones on the right.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’m surprised at the number of negative posts. First half was good we were unlucky, Reading were awful. They ever so slightly bucked up there ideas and got lucky with the goal. We got what we deserved in the end against a team that made themselves difficult to break down. 
No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. I’d keep things the same going into Blackburn. The only thing I’d like to see is a bit more attacking threat from our LWB. Would give us a bit more balance with Jones on the right.

I'd agree with all of this, and would add that we've had the majority of that starting line up sidelined with Covid, and Connelly hasn't played for ages. Reading would have been keen to claw back some respect after that Fulham defeat, so it was one that was all about the result.

I wonder if anything in the front two might change for Blackburn. Neither Sporar or Connelly played badly, but on the other hand, I don't think either could say they'd made themselves undroppable.

• Like 1

Good point on the front two actually. I imagine Balogun is chomping at the bit but I’m not sure he’d drop Connolly out after one game. I think he’d be keen to give him a run of games. Sporar might be at risk.