oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Reading 2-1 (Crooks (2) )

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Guess where he won’t be going the next day 🤣🤣🤣

Well when I lived in Edinburgh I used to stay over and get the train home and go straight to work and sleep at my desk. So he's following in my footsteps

• Haha 1
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 wins in a row for the first time since Karanka 👌

What more is there to say about Izzy? The kid is a star who has a knack of coming up big in the biggest moments. Matt Crooks is signing of the season by a long long way.

Just seen the highlights. *** me that cross by Jones. 5 minutes into stoppage team he pulls off that piece of individual display. Totally leaves his man flat footed and sends a pinpoint pass into the

Posted Images

Just back from game. Reading came to put 9 or 10 men behind ball and make it difficult for us. With all those men around, the wings were the obvious way past them, but we seemed to have little joy there for most of match.

They coped with Jones pretty well until the last few minutes, so we didn’t create as much as normal down right. 
Taylor seemed to spend most of match passing backwards - again until last few minutes when he did a couple of moves with Balogun. Until then there was really no creativity on that side of field.

With the lack of success on the wings we needed more imagination in middle of park.  We went down dead ends too often and sometimes when front men were pointing and starting a run we ignored them and still tried short passes. We seem to be happy pinging long passes to the wings but never down centre.

Thought both Connolly and Balogun showed promise, but that the intensity of the championship and lack of the space they would be used to in Premier League/PL2 probably will take them some time to get used to. Surprised at negative comments from some about Connolly. He got little service, but still got in the shot that only just went over corner of goal and another one that he flicked wide. A few games for both of them and more understanding with rest of team and I reckon both will play a large part in the rest of the season results.

Tav played better than in previous games but until he scored, I thought Crookes had a very average game. He really should have scored with his shot when free just outside box -definitely should have been on target at least. Totally forgiven though with his two headers. Having Coburn there as a nuisance and someone else tall to mark probably helped rattle their defence. Was it me, or was their goalkeeper about the shortest we’ve seen for a long time - a bigger keeper might well have got a more solid hand to the first Crookes header?

We lacked intensity in second half until they scored. We really could do with  someone who really drives team on  forward and creates some urgency.  At times we seemed to be assuming that trying same thing time and again would somehow produce a different result.
Defence looked very solid apart from the Carroll header. He put in a shift for them, to be fair, working right through the game.

Still a lot for Wilder to work on, but if we can keep grinding results out whilst he is doing that, then we will be thereabouts at end of season.

• Like 5
37 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

Thought he was a lot better today

Spent the game arguing with a fella about Tav. I think he's a wining team player. This other guy just doesn't rate him. He's pure Marmite.

17 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The attempted rugby tackle on Balogun because he was clear somehow being called as a Balogun foul because he dodged the tackle it is another highlight of the ref's performance.

He missed about 3 Reading bookings as well, I'd love to see that Sporar penalty incident again as well it was either a clear dive or he was tripped. 

There looked to be contact but he was never getting it as the ball was too strong straight through to the keeper which is why I think he waved it away. 

• Like 1
Just now, edinboro said:

Not many Blackburn tickets left now for this thinking of going.

I’m not able to go to the game, but what a change in a few months though, back then it was a case of I’ve got a ticket and cannot go, then asking if anyone wanted it and the whole of Teesside  went quiet. No one wanted to go and watch what we were being given.

Now it’s back to people wanting to see the Boro, yes we are on a run of victories but to my mind it’s because the folk that want to go are in the main the folk that used to go but the last 5+ years of grind meant that even they didn’t want a freebie, but they will now offer creative incentives to get hold of a ticket freebie or not.

looking through the brighton forum about connolly.. they made a few comments on his game for us. even a link to this forum at half time. one fan reckons he has a knack of getting on the end of things. which tbf he showed that. but low on confidence. which again he did look like that to me. hopefully he can blossom here. but its going to be tough for him. he wont be a shoe in and needs to beat off balogen, watmore and co to keep in the team. plenty of competition up front now for us. looking good. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Well when I lived in Edinburgh I used to stay over and get the train home and go straight to work and sleep at my desk. So he's following in my footsteps

A mate of mine who follows England everywhere saw us beat Ukraine in the Euros, in Kiev, and both his lads were in school on time the next morning (they were in Kiev with him). 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Naisby said:

If he was 6’2 and had eyes of blue, we could have had a recycling of an old favourite holgate Anthem.

Oh yeah I sang it busting my lungs 

“six foot two, eyes of blue, Stuey Boam is after you”.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

When we were in Europe I got so many Thursdays and Fridays off school it was unreal, my mam was raging because I was 15 and GCSEs were upcoming but my dad just used to say I won't get a chance to see boro in Europe again.

How right he was 😃 I brought my 14 year old to them games and used the same excuse to his mother 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4

This game reminded me so much of the Adam Forshaw against Reading. Rergarding Collony I think he was trying too much dunno if it was due to being his debut. But he tried to over complicate things and was fearful of making a mistake. Hopefully with more game time he will feel more at home and stuff will become natural to him. When Carroll scored the fans could of started on the side but was very pleasing to see we reacted and roared the sideto try and get back into it. Wilder got his subs spot on and was rewarded for his bravery. Great for the confidence of Tav to get the assist for the first goal and then Jones I though he had a quiet game today but he was calm composed yet again to deliver a fine final ball for the 95th minute. Loved the atmosphere at the end was awersome the players walking around the Riverside too their is real belief in this side now. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Spent the game arguing with a fella about Tav. I think he's a wining team player. This other guy just doesn't rate him. He's pure Marmite.

Put in 4 absolutely perfect crosses back to back before Crooks scored his first on the 4th one.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Juninho10 said:

When we were in Europe I got so many Thursdays and Fridays off school it was unreal, my mam was raging because I was 15 and GCSEs were upcoming but my dad just used to say I won't get a chance to see boro in Europe again.

So how is the market stall 🤣

Edited by sanddancer