oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think he was actually talking about humpty having us on his ignore list at every possible opportunity - which is, by the way, why we find it a jolly old jape to also mention it.

Well I'm not sure that's how it reads mate.  If I mention Wilson having me on ignore it's part of me damaging his mental health apparently, the two of you doing it to Humpty is just a laugh.  I'm not sure the same thing can be so different no matter what the context is?  I don't know anything about Wilson's mental health, I won't accept being blamed for any issues he has with it though.  The fact that this was brought up while I couldn't even respond was very poor in my opinion.  And I believe that you know as a fact that my seeming disregard for his mental health isn't true.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well I'm not sure that's how it reads mate.  If I mention Wilson having me on ignore it's part of me damaging his mental health apparently, the two of you doing it to Humpty is just a laugh.  I'm not sure the same thing can be so different no matter what the context is?  I don't know anything about Wilson's mental health, I won't accept being blamed for any issues he has with it though.  The fact that this was brought up while I couldn't even respond was very poor in my opinion.  And I believe that you know as a fact that my seeming disregard for his mental health isn't true.

I don't want to put words in Wilsons mouth mate so I'll leave him to respond to that part of it if he seems fit.

The Humpty thing though, it would be one thing if we were constantly reminding him and he was just peacefully going about his business. However, Humpty goes on and on about having us on ignore at every possible opportunity, so why can't we also say that we acknowledge that he has us on ignore.

30 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't want to put words in Wilsons mouth mate so I'll leave him to respond to that part of it if he seems fit.

The Humpty thing though, it would be one thing if we were constantly reminding him and he was just peacefully going about his business. However, Humpty goes on and on about having us on ignore at every possible opportunity, so why can't we also say that we acknowledge that he has us on ignore.

Yeah, it's more of a back and forth I agree but it's not that much different to the extent that this gets mentioned as some sort of confirmation that I should be suspended from the forum.  Humpty presumably has his reasons for blocking you that relate to your posts, which I assume is why Wilson blocked me.  It's also been a long time since I've even posted about it, I'm not even sure if he still has me blocked or not but I know I haven't mentioned it, or even thought about it, for a good while until now.

Anyway, things are always different when you're the one doing them, they're never quite as bad as someone else doing them, are they?  Like xenophobic comments from certain members of this forum, which haven't even lead to a warning let alone a suspension, or a mod suggesting that someone's comments were racist, but then getting upset when his comments were called pathetic.

I actually like everyone on here, you're all sound, it doesn't matter to me whether we think the same or not, and the suspension doesn't bother me but hypocrisy and double standards do a bit.

I mean, someone suggested I was a Nazi, and then I got an official warning thing for it!  I still don't know how that works but it's there on my profile, the posts are still there on the forum as well.  It's like you lot make things up as you go sometimes then are surprised when people kick off about it.

Don’t fancy just moving on, letting bygones be bygones and hopefully we can all take something from this? 

(This is a genuine question not meant to be sarcastic or anything) 

5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Don’t fancy just moving on, letting bygones be bygones and hopefully we can all take something from this? 

(This is a genuine question not meant to be sarcastic or anything) 

You are the one who caused me to get my warning for being called a Nazi 😀

It's ok saying let bygones be bygones when you aren't on the receiving end of it.  I couldn't post for a week, people said some stuff about me during that time, seems fair enough for me to address it.  I'm not exactly kicking off about it in fairness, and I've pretty much said what I wanted to say.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's ok saying let bygones be bygones when you aren't on the receiving end of it.  I couldn't post for a week, people said some stuff about me during that time, seems fair enough for me to address it.  I'm not exactly kicking off about it in fairness, and I've pretty much said what I wanted to say.

What my client meant to say was "No comment"

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

If only I'd taken that advice right from the start eh mate? 🤦‍♂️

Well I did try to tell you, but you can be rather bullish at times

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

You've pretty much entirely misinterpreted what I said but I shall clarify.

I said the reason you're on my ignore list has played out over the last 4-5 years.

I also said that people who were celebrating one member's mental health victory actively supported a member, you, who made others' worse. That wasn't just talking about myself, in fact the main focus wasn't intended to be me with that statement, I was mostly intending to refer to members affected by the comments that you made and for which you were ultimately banned for the past week.

At no point did I say you mentioning me ignoring you affected my mental health though, I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion. In the grand scheme of things that have happened between us two on here over the past 4-5 years, you mentioning that is so miniscule in comparison. There's been plenty worse situations than that, situations which are now all but avoided because I have you ignored.

It's good for me because when you don't want to take an ounce of responsibility for those things, I don't have to give a toss any more when it relates to me. I think the way you come across as a result of those kind of situations is pretty narcissistic but as per before all this kicking off, I'm quite happy keeping this relatively effective boundary between the two of us. It's certainly for the benefit of me and given how things have played out publicly in the past, it would seem to be for the benefit of everyone else too.

10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Lots of posts CT, making up for lost time? 

5 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Can moderators actively moderate when they have so many people on their ignore list? Not a dig at anyone, just genuinely curious...

I would have thought the position requires leadership and impartiality.