oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

Just now, Changing Times said:

What isn't true?

You didn't really explain anything.  You claimed that the people responsible had apologised, which is news to a some of us who must have missed the apologies somehow 🤷‍♂️ Handy though, certainly.

That not everyone will react the same way as you to a post - so think about things a little more.

And maybe you did miss them, but there's no more to explain there. We've been through that and we're moving on. You should too.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Now you know that to not be true, you can think before you make posts 🙂

We've explained the anti Irish / anti English stuff while you were gone, so we're not going to open that up again.

As to who you've affected with your comments, it's not really for us to say. If they want to make themselves known, they can, all you need to know is more than one person has a problem with some of the personal stuff you say.

Could i just take this opportunity to say i was NOT one of the people upset or offended by  any anti Irish comments.I really couldnt care less what  CT thinks about the Irish. I accept other people  may have different views on those comments.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That not everyone will react the same way as you to a post - so think about things a little more.

And maybe you did miss them, but there's no more to explain there. We've been through that and we're moving on. You should too.

Then as long as those people complain about everyone behaving in a particular way it's fine I suppose, although I bit of a shame in my view.  However, that isn't happening, is it?  And you know it isn't as does everyone else on here.  Some things clearly get ignored, some things don't.

I don't think the apologies exist mate, I think it's convenient to say that as a reason why certain people haven't had so much as a warning about their conduct in the past, let alone an account suspension.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Then as long as those people complain about everyone behaving in a particular way it's fine I suppose, although I bit of a shame in my view.  However, that isn't happening, is it?  And you know it isn't as does everyone else on here.  Some things clearly get ignored, some things don't.

I don't think the apologies exist mate, I think it's convenient to say that as a reason why certain people haven't had so much as a warning about their conduct in the past, let alone an account suspension.

Take your tin foil hat off CT. If people report stuff it gets handled, which is what happened with your posts. We're not omnipotent and can miss stuff.

11 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Could i just take this opportunity to say i was NOT one of the people upset or offended by  any anti Irish comments.I really couldnt care less what  CT thinks about the Irish. I accept other people  may have different views on those comments.

As long as the people who were upset with the comments were similarly upset with anti English comments we've had from some of our Irish members then I actually don't have an issue with them complaining.  But I'd bet all the money I have that not one of those people complained when it was going in that direction.  That's the crux of it to me, the offensive behaviour only goes one way, and the mods have never stepped in previously to do a thing about it, whatever is now being claimed.  They decided to step in this time though, and I'm certain that it was because it was me.  As it was pointed out to me privately some time ago, lots of people are just waiting for me to slip up and cross the line, and unfortunately, some of those people are mods 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Take your tin foil hat off CT. If people report stuff it gets handled, which is what happened with your posts. We're not omnipotent and can miss stuff.

Give over mate.  You know what I'm talking about, you've seen it as others have.  At least one of the bloody mods was doing it as well.  Is this how it's going to be now, mods acting dumb when things get called out?

Can I ask a question, is it possible in your opinion, that some people will end up being reported more than others, but that the reports might not have any real merit to them?  Genuine question.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Give over mate.  You know what I'm talking about, you've seen it as others have.  At least one of the bloody mods was doing it as well.  Is this how it's going to be now, mods acting dumb when things get called out?

Can I ask a question, is it possible in your opinion, that some people will end up being reported more than others, but that the reports might not have any real merit to them?  Genuine question.

People do get reported and we decide the report needs no further action, if that's what you mean, yes.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

As long as the people who were upset with the comments were similarly upset with anti English comments we've had from some of our Irish members then I actually don't have an issue with them complaining.

Different people get offended by different things, that's just human nature. If people do see and get offended by anti English comments and they don't get immediately picked up by Mods, then report them. That's what the button is there for.

But I'd bet all the money I have that not one of those people complained when it was going in that direction.  That's the crux of it to me, the offensive behaviour only goes one way, and the mods have never stepped in previously to do a thing about it, whatever is now being claimed.

We are not "claiming" anything. The prior anti English comments that I am aware of came during the context of the Euros. While not ideal, there will always be some home nation bantering when it comes to football and while yes in hindsight some of them may have crossed over the "banter" line (which is a hard line to police, by the way), they have been apologised for, whether you want to believe that or not.

They decided to step in this time though, and I'm certain that it was because it was me.  As it was pointed out to me privately some time ago, lots of people are just waiting for me to slip up and cross the line, and unfortunately, some of those people are mods 🤷‍♂️

The report happened to be about you - I don't know what you want me to say about that. You know full well you can be antagonistic and sometimes you tip toe the line and while usually you're good at staying on the right side of it, sometimes you fail.

Would someone else have got the same punishment you did for the comments you made that day? Maybe not, but it's all contextual. You had two prior warnings for very similar offences so a step up was deemed appropriate.

Other mods can comment on this if they want, but this is the last comment you will get from me on the matter.

20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

People do get reported and we decide the report needs no further action, if that's what you mean, yes.

Yeah, that is essentially what I meant, thanks.

Different people get offended by different things, that's just human nature. If people do see and get offended by anti English comments and they don't get immediately picked up by Mods, then report them. That's what the button is there for.

They do, and dare I say that it's possible for people to be offended by things that aren't actually offensive?  That people can choose to be offended by some things but not others, depending on who was responsible?

We are not "claiming" anything. The prior anti English comments that I am aware of came during the context of the Euros. While not ideal, there will always be some home nation bantering when it comes to football and while yes in hindsight some of them may have crossed over the "banter" line (which is a hard line to police, by the way), they have been apologised for, whether you want to believe that or not.

Well that certainly explains something because the comments I'm talking about had nothing to do with the Euros, quite some time before that actually in some cases.  Those weren't apologised for that I can remember, they weren't apologetic at all from memory.  As other people have mentioned this maybe it's worth considering that it's more than just me and my tin foil conspiracy theories.

The report happened to be about you - I don't know what you want me to say about that. You know full well you can be antagonistic and sometimes you tip toe the line and while usually you're good at staying on the right side of it, sometimes you fail.

Would someone else have got the same punishment you did for the comments you made that day? Maybe not, but it's all contextual. You had two prior warnings for very similar offences so a step up was deemed appropriate.

Other mods can comment on this if they want, but this is the last comment you will get from me on the matter.

That's it there, that's all I wanted one of you to say.  And let's say that rather than maybe not it's absolutely not, as the evidence of the past has shown.

For the record, the warnings I had were for accusing someone of saying something racist, like DS did the other day, and people completely misunderstanding what I meant, and for being called a Nazi, which is absolutely bloody stupid.  I'll also add this, if you don't give other people warnings for the same behaviour then they won't have any prior warnings to require a step up, will they?  So it comes back to whether everyone is treated equally, and in my view they aren't.

Appreciate you taking the time to undergo this interrogation 🙂 I hope it wasn't too stressful for you.  Thanks for being willing to respond to me.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, SmogDane said:

image.thumb.png.cff3e1674b2ba9a9bbe954307efc42d4.png

Oh, SD you silly boy. That’s clearly an Asian elephant (you can tell by the ears) I bet you feel foolish now 😉

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

If I could turn back time ….

Don’t worry buddy for all future elephant related questions come to me first. 
I got you (babe) … 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1