oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

Its also funny when pictures of Nellie the Elephant are drawn and they use an African elephant as the model. It’s as if they don’t know the words to the song or basic geography.

I wonder though, did Cher ever do a copy of Nellie the Elephant. 😀

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Naisby said:

Its also funny when pictures of Nellie the Elephant are drawn and they use an African elephant as the model. It’s as if they don’t know the words to the song or basic geography.

How do you know Nellie wasn't from Africa?

2 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

That is where they were taking Nellie - it doesn't tell you where she came from.

Quite right we only assume she is Asian she could be African you pedantic picky so and so😁

But we do know she took her luggage with her!

15 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

I just felt sorry for all the artists Naisby is quietly laughing at.

Plus you could state that as the head of the herd was calling far far away that could mean on the African continent

• Like 1

In the song, the head of the herd was calling, if you accept that that was the head of Nellies herd, then you have to place the other line, they met one night in the silver light, on the road to Mandalay.

Mandalay as we all know is in Burma.

19 minutes ago, Naisby said:

In the song, the head of the herd was calling, if you accept that that was the head of Nellies herd, then you have to place the other line, they met one night in the silver light, on the road to Mandalay.

Mandalay as we all know is in Burma.

In the animated series, Nellie was specifically attempting to return to Mandalay, which would make her an Asian elephant.

(and pink.)

• Like 1
On 1/24/2022 at 11:56 AM, Naisby said:

Not that I recall, but the autotune machine they use in Do You Believe In Life after Love makes her sounds like an elephant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Plus you could state that as the head of the herd was calling far far away that could mean on the African continent

I know elephants have big ears but I doubt even they can hear over that kind of distance! 😂

Whales on the other hand (with sound carrying hundreds of miles under water)...

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Not that I recall, but the autotune machine they use in Do You Believe In Life after Love makes her sounds like an elephant.

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I know elephants have big ears but I doubt even they can hear over that kind of distance! 😂

Whales on the other hand (with sound carrying hundreds of miles under water)...

So Whales sing Cher’s songs eh ? I bet it’s  “ if I could turn back the Tide “ to each other. 😀

• 8 months later...