oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, I saw he got taken out for defending me.  Poor bloke.  I have a feeling that he didn't really mind though.

I think he got taken out for being a dickhead. Defending you was just a symptom. 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Will said:

I think he got taken out for being a dickhead. Defending you was just a symptom. 

Possibly on the first count, but yes certainly on the last count.  That's why I'm going to defend myself in the strongest possible terms.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Possibly on the first count, but yes certainly on the last count.  That's why I'm going to defend myself in the strongest possible terms.

I'm happy to be your legal council 

breakfast noise GIF

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

C’mon then man. Spit it out 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

C’mon then man. Spit it out 🤷‍♂️

In Common Law it’s for the Prosecution to lay out it’s case first, it’s not the responsibility of the defence. 😀

• Haha 1
On 1/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, Downsouth said:
On 1/14/2022 at 4:02 PM, Humpty said:

I don't understand why this place needs so many moderators. I think there's too many as it is... nonetheless i propose @Changing Times as moderator 😁

Believe it or not Matt but I had approached him about that and he very quickly turned the opportunity down becasuse in his words he would be too harsh on members,

I didn't say I would be too harsh on members, I said I would use my powers for evil.  And I would.

On 1/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, Will said:

They are still up, if you know where to look 👀

Which is weird really, when you think about it.  The posts were so bad that I had to be suspended for a week but not bad enough to be deleted either at the time or afterwards.  Makes you wonder what the delete function is for other than to allow mods to delete their own posts when they don't want to risk looking bad...

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Which is weird really, when you think about it.  The posts were so bad that I had to be suspended for a week but not bad enough to be deleted either at the time or afterwards.  Makes you wonder what the delete function is for other than to allow mods to delete their own posts when they don't want to risk looking bad...

Just to clarify, we don't delete posts, we simply hide them.

Ultimately your end it doesn't make much difference, but they're not gone forever 🙂

On 1/14/2022 at 4:23 PM, wilsoncgp said:

If CT was made a mod, do I get to mention how he's on my ignore list and have a dig about that at every opportunity? Nobody seems to care about that despite the reason having played out on this forum quite publicly over the last 4-5 years. It certainly doesn't affect their character judgement of him.

On a personal level, I saw 2 threads yesterday populated by similar people. One rightly celebrating the mental health victory of one of our members and another justifying a member who has made some people's mental health worse.

Ok then.  Humpty has you on ignore does he not?  You and Brunners regularly mention it on the forum and see to find it amusing.  When you do it then it's just a jolly old jape but when I do it then it's a part of my continuing campaign of mental disintegration against you?  I won't push it any more but I hope you can see the hypocrisy cos I bloody can.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, Brunners said:

The ignore function isn't really fit for purpose unfortunately. It's still far too easy to have to read the posts of the members you have on your ignore list.

I'm sure humpty can attest to that 🙂

Oh look, there we go by way of an example.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Ok then.  Humpty has you on ignore does he not?  You and Brunners regularly mention it on the forum and see to find it amusing.  When you do it then it's just a jolly old jape but when I do it then it's a part of my continuing campaign of mental disintegration against you?  I won't push it any more but I hope you can see the hypocrisy cos I bloody can.

I think he was actually talking about humpty having us on his ignore list at every possible opportunity - which is, by the way, why we find it a jolly old jape to also mention it.

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Just to clarify, we don't delete posts, we simply hide them.

Ultimately your end it doesn't make much difference, but they're not gone forever 🙂

Well I don't know the technical magic that goes into it 🤷‍♂️  I just know that posts can go bye bye.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Is there a way of telling which people are currently online?  I'd like to know how many mods there are around before I get started 🤔

That reminds me of a friend of mine .. He was at a pub in the countryside .. he was too drunk to drive his own car and he couldn't get a taxi .. So he called the police and said there was a mega bar fight going on .. The police said they didn't have any cars around, so my friend told them he would just drive home then ...  Naughty boy! 

• Haha 2