oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

DZ I will take this personally and notice without the need to use a swear word!

A suggestion to change the team of moderators who I will back to the hilt, you may not want to overthrow the, as you put it, regime but you are suggesting it for others to consider and support you otherwise you would have left things well alone.

I gave you a course of action to follow just advise mind you and then allow Rob to consider your suggestion.

If you are recanting your opening post then do the decent thing and apologise for the undue stress you are causing!

Not under stress BTW😉

Wow.

I made a thread asking if a shake up in leadership is required that's all, I'm not *** Napoleon Bonaparte. Or Adolf Hitler.

Sorry you took it as a personal attack on your ability to mod this forum, it wasn't meant to come across like that and I'm sorry if I've upset you as a result. You and the other mods largely do a good job, I just think you've failed slightly in this instance and I wondered how other people felt about it, that's all.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've just had Would it be worth resetting the mod team and actually electing the mods, as that seems to me the most democratic way forward? That way we'll be ruled by people we've actually chosen as a whole. If it worked for the general election (lol) and Brexit (even bigger lol) then surely it's good enough for us?

I feel like you've answered your own question there.

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

I feel like you've answered your own question there.

Yeah that bit was slightly tongue in cheek, I'm not suggesting the members of this forum would be short sighted enough to vote for Brexit. Nope, not at all.

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If your mental health is affected negatively by someone saying something  mean about you on the internet, the simple solution is to stay away from the internet.

A suitably simple solution to solve the sadness.

Christ.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wow.

I made a thread asking if a shake up in leadership is required that's all, I'm not *** Napoleon Bonaparte.

Sorry you took it as a personal attack on your ability to mod this forum, it wasn't meant to come across like that and I'm sorry if I've upset you as a result. You and the other mods largely do a good job, I just think you've failed slightly in this instance and I wondered how other people felt about it, that's all.

Well as you can see not too well no one is coming out of this smelling of roses. Let sleeping dogs lie DZ we will have to deal with this when CT comes back.

Not the best timing buddy

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wow.

I made a thread asking if a shake up in leadership is required that's all, I'm not *** Napoleon Bonaparte. Or Adolf Hitler.

What are you apologising for? Shouldn't Alan just leave the internet?

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

A suitably simple solution to solve the sadness.

Christ.

I didn't say it was the right solution, in a perfect world there would be no need. Easier to remove yourself from a stressful situation than to remove the person causing it, though (unless you have buttons)

Have a good moan and no intention to be part of a solution and no interest in taking any action either. Let everyone else do the work and then sit in the corner and cry foul. Where have I witnessed that before? Oh yeah when I was a football coach for an u10 team. There was a father who was constantly moaning and when he was asked if he wanted to be part of the setup to help us he never had the time or interest. It’s moaning for the sake of moaning. 
I will happily quit if you can gather a new team of mods and have a talk with Rob about it I’m willing to relinquish my tasks on the mod team. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Have a good moan and no intention to be part of a solution and no interest in taking any action either. Let everyone else do the work and then sit in the corner and cry foul. Where have I witnessed that before? Oh yeah when I was a football coach for an u10 team. There was a father who was constantly moaning and when he was asked if he wanted to be part of the setup to help us he never had the time or interest. It’s moaning for the sake of moaning. 
I will happily quit if you can gather a new team of mods and have a talk with Rob about it I’m willing to relinquish my tasks on the mod team. 

Nobody has ever asked me to be part of the mod team, so I don't see how that's relevant. I'd do it as I'm on here often enough, often at anti-social times due to my work pattern) and I'd rule more than fairly, but I can't see many people being very happy with it.

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I didn't say it was the right solution, in a perfect world there would be no need. Easier to remove yourself from a stressful situation than to remove the person causing it, though (unless you have buttons)

Come on man, you know that is the shittest excuse to give someone ever. 

I'd rather we got the person making the inflammatory comments to stop making them rather than push members away entirely.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

I'd rather we got the person making the inflammatory comments to stop making them rather than push members away entirely.

Oh sure, I'm just saying that if you don't personally have that option then it's far easier and better for you to remove yourself from the situation (the ignore button is there for a reason people, use it if you need to!)

Just now, Brunners said:

It's okay because he didn't say it was the right solution. A clever deflection from the fact he suggested the wrong solution to begin with and otherwise wouldn't have clarified if left unchallenged.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Nobody has ever asked me to be part of the mod team, so I don't see how that's relevant. I'd do it as I'm on here often enough, often at anti-social times due to my work pattern) and I'd rule more than fairly, but I can't see many people being very happy with it.

Don't think any of the team have ruled DZ.

Look you are a great lad and I have backed you up many times you are a valued forum member can we just leave it at that now and all get irked tomorrow should Boro lose, must admit feeling sad about Hernandez.

Onwards and upwards time to get my @Blanco hat on!

• Denzel Zanzibar changed the title to Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)