oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I am not against you in any way at all Alan. I thought I would just try and lighten the atmosphere with what has happened over the last few days. I did find Payero amusing but fully accept that not everyone would. You and the entire mod team have my full support 

Joe these few days have drained me and I am near the end of my tether with it, but this lad with his stupid posts and pictures like a dog walking with a bag and a cow licking it's lips and the way he is rude without going ott and the clear message he was sending to Robin was enough he was going to go or I was.

We do not need idiots like that on the forum

• Like 3
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

It’s time this thread and all similar topics were put to bed.

These are the Mods we have, who take the stick from a judgement call and have the balls to explain and debate them.

The hints are there for all to see that the current team and administrators will be happy to walk away and just become posters, frankly if it’s got to that stage then it’s time to silently agree or disagree with them or what we have now will begone and I think we all will be the worse off if it does.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

It’s time this thread and all similar topics were put to bed.

These are the Mods we have, who take the stick from a judgement call and have the balls to explain and debate them.

The hints are there for all to see that the current team and administrators will be happy to walk away and just become posters, frankly if it’s got to that stage then it’s time to silently agree or disagree with them or what we have now will begone and I think we all will be the worse off if it does.

Thank you Naisby very much. Do you want my job😁

15 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Joe these few days have drained me and I am near the end of my tether with it, but this lad with his stupid posts and pictures like a dog walking with a bag and a cow licking it's lips and the way he is rude without going ott and the clear message he was sending to Robin was enough he was going to go or I was.

Fair comment Alan. Stay where you are my friend it is no contest 🙏

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Actually I like him @Downsouth. Here’s how I see it. The forum is like an episode of Only Fools and Horses. When they are all in the Nags Head and Trigger walks in, you just know that there is going to be a piece of comedic genius about to unfold in a really ridiculous way. I see Payero as Trigger. Pure comedy gold. Don’t ban him

Apologise to you Joe I know what you said was in jest just been a hard day especially earlier on making sure Youngy was ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite frankly I'm amazed its become so much of an issue to warrant its own thread.

Just checked my profile and found I have been a member of oneBoro in its various guises since December 15 2012...over 9 years.

Now I know my memory isn't great, but in all that time I cannot recall many incidents where mods have felt the need to take drastic action, such as banning people.

There was that one guy who made multiple accounts and was repeatedly banned for being a troll. Other than him, I can probably count on one hand the number of times others have been excluded for objectionable behaviour.

I know debates can get quite heated at times, particularly around transfers, politics and other non-football stuff, but usually warnings have sufficed, for people to get the message and calm down a bit.

At no time during my membership of this forum have I ever felt the mods & admins were being over zealous / heavy handed. Nor have I ever questioned who was appointed or why. I've simply enjoyed engaging in discussions and banter with the other forumites.

I can see that with CT being quite a popular guy and a long-standing member, why his ban might have raised some questions, but I think it needs to be remembered that it was quite an unusual and exceptional action, for an active and stalwart forum member.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Apologise to you Joe I know what you said was in jest just been a hard day especially earlier on making sure Youngy was ok

Sorry to have added to your stress.  Was a post without the thought of how it might sound.  As mentioned earlier - I just need to get away from the screen all day every day at the moment which I have done today and intend to do tonight.  I will pop on every now and again - I just need to stop sitting in front of here from when I wake up until when I go to bed.

In terms of a mod - I think you (and others) do a great job.

• Like 3

I think a lot of my wanting time away from here and bowing out (which I see was a terrible choice of words) was down to the negativity on here recently.  I for one hope people can move on and see the forum for the 99% positive vibe it has.

• Like 5

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise.

If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 years!! Over that time, the admin and moderator team have gone above and beyond anything that could be expected of them, doing this on a voluntary basis in-between their day to day lives, often going unnoticed at times. Looking at the stats we’ve had almost 40,000 posts over the past 6 months. Keeping on top of all of these posts is no easy job.

Difficult decisions have to be made at times, and when they are made, I put my trust in the team who have overseen the growth of the forum over the years. I have seen how decisions have been made, as a team, weighing up options and how best to proceed. 

When difficult decisions are made, there is always likely to be some form of disagreement. A forum wouldn’t be a forum without opposing views. This isn’t the first, and won’t be the last time that a conversation is sparked from a difficult decision. It’s how we move forwards from this.

We’ve had highs and lows as a community, but the true sense of community often comes out as we’ve seen this week.

Let’s be honest, the last few years have been pretty rough.

I couldn’t ask for any more from the team, they have the forum in their best interests to maintain a safe, welcoming environment for any Boro fan to post.

When we started the forum we were different from other communities by having a large moderator team. This was with the intention of making sure topics stayed Boro focused, but to also allow anyone to feel like they could be part of a growing community.

In terms of the selection of moderators, the process mentioned is how we’ve gone about it from day one. I feel it has worked, however, if members feel this is no longer the best route forwards then please do let me know.

We’re hopefully at the start of an exciting time for Boro, which in turn will mean more interest in fans joining the forum.

My Private Messages are always open if anyone wants to get in touch. I hope we can move on and look forward to what may be a promising end to the season.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just read this thread .. 

I think the mods are doing fine, as it's an ungrateful job, where you aren't able to make everyone happy all the time. It's simply impossible. 

My dad once told me this .. Never complain about people doing voluntary jobs! (unless it's really called for) 

If any spots are available for new mods ..  I would personally recommend @Blanco @Redcar Rioja @AnglianRed or @RiseAgainst and maybe a few others. 

The above mentioned are sincere and honest people without the need to feel better than others, which brings perfect policing skills! 

And remember dear mods .. It's spelled with an M, not a G 😉 

Edited by SmogDane
  • Thanks 3
56 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Just read this thread .. 

I think the mods are doing fine, as it's an ungrateful job, where you aren't able to make everyone happy all the time. It's simply impossible. 

My dad once told me this .. Never complain about people doing voluntary jobs! (unless it's really called for) 

If any spots are available for new mods ..  I would personally recommend @Blanco @Redcar Rioja @AnglianRed or @RiseAgainst and maybe a few others. 

The above mentioned are cinsere and honest people without the need to feel better than others, which brings perfect policing skills! 

And remember dear mods .. It's spelled with an M, not a G 😉 

This snub hurts, I'm not going to lie.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

This really saddens me as I see you as someone who always has the best for this forum at heart.

What you do for this forum and the time you spend on it probably does go unappreciated and I just want you to know that I speak for the most of us when I say please keep up the good work as Oneboro wouldn't be the same with you not being apart of it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mj south said:

This really saddens me as I see you as someone who always has the best for this forum at heart.

What you do for this forum and the time you spend on it probably does go unappreciated and I just want you to know that I speak for the most of us when I say please keep up the good work as Oneboro wouldn't be the same with you not being apart of it

Spot on. Regardless of what people think about the rest of us, those of us who know anything of Alan know he's great and always has the people of this forum at heart. He always tries to hold his hand up when he thinks he might have got something wrong too.

I remember my first away day meeting some of the oneBoro lot was Charlton away when Aitor walked out and he was terrific for me that day. With the greatest of respects to everyone else I met that day, he's the fella I remember who made sure I was welcomed to the rest and has always been exceptionally kind to me.

I'm really grateful to have him as part of our team and as a member of the forum.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Spot on. Regardless of what people think about the rest of us, those of us who know anything of Alan know he's great and always has the people of this forum at heart. He always tries to hold his hand up when he thinks he might have got something wrong too.

I remember my first away day meeting some of the oneBoro lot was Charlton away when Aitor walked out and he was terrific for me that day. With the greatest of respects to everyone else I met that day, he's the fella I remember who made sure I was welcomed to the rest and has always been exceptionally kind to me.

I'm really grateful to have him as part of our team and as a member of the forum.

I have been lucky enough to have met Alan on a couple of occasions and would second that he is a terrific bloke. I genuinely didn’t mean to upset him earlier regarding the Payero situation 

I personally feel terrible to have added to @Downsouth's stress through my careless words.   I genuinely love this forum and the care shown by him was something else.  I've never met him - but he's doing a fantastic job and this forum is undoubtedly better with him as a mod.

• Like 5
  • Denzel Zanzibar changed the title to Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)