oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I have been lucky enough to have met Alan on a couple of occasions and would second that he is a terrific bloke. I genuinely didn’t mean to upset him earlier regarding the Payero situation 

You didn't Joe no worries mate.

This is fast becoming like this is your life but without Eamon Andrews just some other Irish geezer instead😀

• Haha 4
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th year… 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

I’ve always thought downsouth comes across really well on the forum and does a decent job. The others do a half decent job the problem is nobody is impartial about anything and all of you let your emotions rule over everything and often get into heated debates and arguments with other posters. I know Rob mentioned the number of posts of the last 6 months I’d hazard a guess this is well down on years gone by. If not I imagine the number of frequent posters is down. The forum has now turned into an argumentative shambles I now view from the sidelines and drop in every month or so to bickering over something or another to something which should bring joy due to the mutual love of the Boro. Current posters and current mods are both part of the problem. UTB. However I am a sucker for nostalgia and miss the days when it was first set up after 606 boards. 

8 hours ago, RonnieBobba said:

I’ve always thought downsouth comes across really well on the forum and does a decent job. The others do a half decent job the problem is nobody is impartial about anything and all of you let your emotions rule over everything and often get into heated debates and arguments with other posters. I know Rob mentioned the number of posts of the last 6 months I’d hazard a guess this is well down on years gone by. If not I imagine the number of frequent posters is down. The forum has now turned into an argumentative shambles I now view from the sidelines and drop in every month or so to bickering over something or another to something which should bring joy due to the mutual love of the Boro. Current posters and current mods are both part of the problem. UTB. However I am a sucker for nostalgia and miss the days when it was first set up after 606 boards. 

Thank you for your post, contents noted and understood and to a degree quite accurate.

Efforts to reduce folks being uncomfortable posting and their opinins being valued and accepted will be made hopefully by the full forum

13 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

I personally feel terrible to have added to @Downsouth's stress through my careless words.   I genuinely love this forum and the care shown by him was something else.  I've never met him - but he's doing a fantastic job and this forum is undoubtedly better with him as a mod.

You shouldn’t feel terrible and your words aren’t careless - you spoke your feelings and that’s a really big thing to do and DS just cares about everyone on here. You aren’t a stress.

agree with everything else you said!

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

You shouldn’t feel terrible and your words aren’t careless - you spoke your feelings and that’s a really big thing to do and DS just cares about everyone on here. You aren’t a stress.

agree with everything else you said!

Not quite Chris because we have met up a coupe of times.

Do you know what I have so much enjoyed meeting so many forum members at arranged forum meet ups and watching until meeting, total strangers sharing a passion and having a damned good laugh together and chat and some becoming friends with each other.

To have guys like BoroDane and SmogDane and our faithful fantastic guys from the Emerald Isles making an effort to come over to England for a game and having other forum members ensuring they get the chance to meet up in my mind is a great gesture and encouraging.

We have had so many past meet ups where nearly 30 or so folks have turned up and it has been brilliant.

One of my real wishes would be enough forum members to commit to going to the The Riverside and book one of the event rooms for a meal and watching of the game together would be terrific, ok a pain for season ticket holders to pay twice for a match I know.

I miss the sponsoring of players that we used to do and most of all the very fine interviews and videos that Tom and Humpty along with a couple of others were involved with.

I guess as you get older parts of your past which you enjoyed and were comorfortable with mean a lot more and are genuinly missed, along with so many good people whom I have had the priveledge of meeting and getting to know who are no longer active on the forum.

oneBoro was a happier place at one time it would be fantastic to recapture some of that.

Still we are now getting a team that we are all getting behind and one worthy of being able to be proud Boro fans once again

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Hiring an event room on a matchday would be fantastic, and something I for one would remember fondly for many years.

Yes it sounds like a great plan to me too 👍

• Like 1

I'm glad this topic turned into a positive discussion, that was always my intention, it wasn't to publicly slate @Downsouthor indeed any of the current mods.

If people think I'm a *** that's fine, it's their opinion. I'm honestly not as argumentative in real life (though my wife would probably disagree with that statement!)

Love to you all.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm glad this topic turned into a positive discussion, that was always my intention, it wasn't to publicly slate @Downsouthor indeed any of the current mods.

If people think I'm a *** that's fine, it's their opinion. I'm honestly not as argumentative in real life (though my wife would probably disagree with that statement!)

Love to you all.

It’s more likely that you would disagree with her 😉

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

As a fairly new member, one thing that puts me off and makes me feel an outsider is the use of actual names when referring to other posters.

For example- Joe, Chris, Rob

I get where you are coming from @Bosco's Tuft but we only use the actual name of a poster if we have already met each other. I would hate for anyone to consider themselves as an outsider on here as we generally get on very well together. Maybe if @Downsouthgoes ahead and organises a get together at the Riverside for a game, you would join us and get to know everyone better? We are all here for the same purpose, the love of the Boro UTB 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

As a fairly new member, one thing that puts me off and makes me feel an outsider is the use of actual names when referring to other posters.

I feel personally attacked.

• Haha 4

Honestly this is the only online forum I use for anything and 10 years later I'm still logging on!

I dip in and out but honestly from the start when Ian (@VectorBoro) was prominent and Chris (@Powlay) the content and discussion on Boro-related topics on here was always of a high standard it was - and is! - the best platform for Boro fans to get together and talk about our club.

I wanted to take a moment and thank @Downsouth for keeping the site moving over the years, CT's been around a while as have alot of the mod team so if there has been a decision made I'm fairly confident it was made in good faith - whilst CT 's cynical and blunt posts crack me up after reading them for 7+ years I can see how they might have got him into hot water but hopefully he comes back I do think he meaningfully adds to discussions with his commentary on football-related matters.

At the end of the day we're all part of a small fanbase here in this small community and I can imagine none of the moderators enjoy banning people - a message I'd have for all members is try to be a little kinder to each other, I'd like OneBoro to be around for another decade!

• Like 5
37 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Fair point, but I view it the other way round. To me, it's a positive that so many oneBoro members are on first-name terms with each other, compared to the spiky anonymity of other online forums. I think it contributes to the sense of community on this particular site, and my post count wasn't much higher than yours is now before I started to feel like part of the furniture.

• Like 1
  • Denzel Zanzibar changed the title to Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)