oneBoro Forum

Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, I've had a read through all of this thread and the opinions mentioned. I'll do my best to summarise. If memory serves me right, the oneBoro Forum is approaching its 15th yearโ€ฆ 15 yea

Nothing wrong with healthy debate on any topic including this one, just important for a few lads to remember that we're all on the same team. Not everyone is gonna agree on every subject and that's mo

This all seems a bit silly.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm glad this topic turned into a positive discussion, that was always my intention, it wasn't to publicly slate @Downsouthor indeed any of the current mods.

If people think I'm a *** that's fine, it's their opinion. I'm honestly not as argumentative in real life (though my wife would probably disagree with that statement!)

Love to you all.

ย 

Wish you had said that in your opening post then I would have been able to have a good laugh throughout๐Ÿ™ƒ

2 hours ago, Blanco said:

I get where you are coming from @Bosco's Tuftย but we only use the actual name of a poster if we have already met each other. I would hate for anyone to consider themselves as an outsider on here as we generally get on very well together. Maybe if @Downsouthgoes ahead and organises a get together at the Riverside for a game, you would join us and get to know everyone better? We are all here for the same purpose, the love of the Boro UTBย 

I am to blame for that along with most other things but generally only used as a reply or quote messageย 

This is a fantastic forum. ย With fantastic people. ย And fantastic mods. ย I have first hand experience of this. ย Had a great weekend taking myself away from it all but dipping back in and enjoying the positivity on here. ย Much love to all.

• Like 4

@Downsouthย first and foremost, Iโ€™m pretty sure no one wants you to step down. Youโ€™re the fulcrum of this message board. I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s any harm in questioning processes. Itโ€™s a healthy part of ensuring the forum is well ran. So weโ€™ve established you arenโ€™t going anywhere!

Iโ€™ve not really had the chance to read the forum this weekend, so i donโ€™t know why @payero has been banned. Could you should a light on the reason's for that please? I never found him overly offensive and I thought he added to the board. Of course Iโ€™m not accounting for anything I may have missed.

Having been privy to mods message board in the past I understand and respect the process. I still think thereโ€™s a lot of mods but maybe my issue lies with a couple of the antagonistic mods themselves rather than the process. The selection of mods isย something Iย think needs consideration moving forward.

Lastly me and @Tomย are off to Blackburn, so if anyoneโ€™s about shout up. Matchday meet ups at home are probably a no go for me. Donโ€™t see enough of my friends and family as it is,ย so Iโ€™m not going to waste time with you ugly mugs instead of them ๐Ÿคช

(Free the Changing Times one)

ย 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Humpty said:

@Downsouthย first and foremost, Iโ€™m pretty sure no one wants you to step down. Youโ€™re the fulcrum of this message board. I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s any harm in questioning processes. Itโ€™s a healthy part of ensuring the forum is well ran. So weโ€™ve established you arenโ€™t going anywhere!

Iโ€™ve not really had the chance to read the forum this weekend, so i donโ€™t know why @payero has been banned. Could you should a light on the reason's for that please? I never found him overly offensive and I thought he added to the board. Of course Iโ€™m not accounting for anything I may have missed.

Having been privy to mods message board in the past I understand and respect the process. I still think thereโ€™s a lot of mods but maybe my issue lies with a couple of the antagonistic mods themselves rather than the process. The selection of mods isย something Iย think needs consideration moving forward.

Lastly me and @Tomย are off to Blackburn, so if anyoneโ€™s about shout up. Matchday meet ups at home are probably a no go for me. Donโ€™t see enough of my friends and family as it is,ย so Iโ€™m not going to waste time with you ugly mugs instead of them ๐Ÿคช

ย 

This post articulates my thoughts better than I could at the moment.

With regards to Payero I believe he was a WUM and was pretty much instantly on my ignore list so I too didn't see what happened.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

This post articulates my thoughts better than I could at the moment.

With regards to Payero I believe he was a WUM and was pretty much instantly on my ignore list so I too didn't see what happened.

Pretty much this. The past week or so, all they were doing was winding people up and for some reason ended upย attacking another poster for something pretty innocuous.

Only thing I'd say in his favour is I thought people jumped on him over relatively nothing for his posts in the January Window thread. I understand people's desire for clarity in there but I've started to care less and less about that. Take all the info with a pinch of salt and there should be no real issue unless peopleย reallyย take the ***.

• Like 1

Is the current mod team fit for purpose?ย 
Good question..ย 

The first question should be asked, what is it. Is it democratic,ย autocratic orย laissez-faire.ย 
Is it designed in principle toย govern by a set principles and procedures. Is there aย policy statement. should it be statutoryย orย adaptive.
Should members remain impartial, held accountableย for following rules with regard toย their office with dedication and integrity.ย avoiding arbitrary action based onย personal likes and dislikes.ย 
ย 

In principle I believe the forum has survived some turbulent times which have been ignitedย by postings, some challengingย othersย sensitiveย which haveย been supported and opposed aggressively. I donโ€™t think I would be alone suggesting these normally have relevance to personnel perceptions onย diversity, othersย character assassination be it individually or grouping.
ย 

Personally I believe the forum has served well and will continue to mature andย survive long into the futureย with its approach toย self governanceย with unbiased arbitrary intervention when things get off track or personnel.ย 

On 1/15/2022 at 11:10 PM, RonnieBobba said:

Iโ€™ve always thought downsouth comes across really well on the forum and does a decent job. The others do a half decent job the problem is nobody is impartial about anything and all of you let your emotions rule over everything and often get into heated debates and arguments with other posters. I know Rob mentioned the number of posts of the last 6 months Iโ€™d hazard a guess this is well down on years gone by. If not I imagine the number of frequent posters is down. The forum has now turned into an argumentative shambles I now view from the sidelines and drop in every month or so to bickering over something or another to something which should bring joy due to the mutual love of the Boro. Current posters and current mods are both part of the problem. UTB. However I am a sucker for nostalgia and miss the days when it was first set up after 606 boards.ย 

I think you make a good point and it does drift off subject and get personnel at times.ย 

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

ย 

Hope both you and Tom have a safe Monday trip, your both excellent fellows and the forum owes you a debt of gratitude for all of your previous sterling work on behalf of the forum.

Re Payero can't be ***** explaining just read back you will understand

Just now, Downsouth said:

Hope both you and Tom have a safe Monday trip, your both excellent fellows and the forum owes you a debt of gratitude for all of your previous sterling work on behalf of the forum.

Re Payero can't be ***** explaining just read back you will understand

Iโ€™ll take your word for it Al ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I am reminded about one of Cher's songs where the line "words are like weapons they wound sometimes" has applied at times.

Anyway for me this is over looking forward to probably THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........so far!!๐Ÿ˜‹

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I am reminded about one of Cher's songs where the line "words are like weapons they wound sometimes" has applied at times.

Anyway for me this is over looking forward to probably THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........so far!!๐Ÿ˜‹

Was that the one she sat on the old US Battleship?ย 

• Denzel Zanzibar changed the title to Is the current mod team fit for purpose? (Official Cher Thread)