oneBoro Forum

Ugo Ehiogu Memorial

Following discussions with the supporters forum, there seems to be a bit of traction with regards to creating a memorial of sorts for big Ugo.

The initial suggestion was for a mural of some sort depicting Ugo during his Boro pomp.

Would be interested to hear thoughts and suggestions as to what how you guys would like to depict a memorial and where you’d suggest it goes.

Initial thoughts are for something like this…

5DDBA4CB-BECF-402C-87AF-DB27537D3F7E.jpeg.e32a4d95d585ccf0f8d24ed3ba2fc0f0.jpegFirst thoughts on placement were somewhere like the following locations…

4B0B833A-C50F-449B-B23C-00BD7A493A4B.thumb.jpeg.051e1dda5caa232a2de25fa2a72d0c34.jpeg66326425-2B2B-46EB-8EAB-12945F15B975.thumb.jpeg.988dee1c4336c86ffe3c63485c0d06c8.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this would be the perfect photo to use for Ugo.

Following discussions with the supporters forum, there seems to be a bit of traction with regards to creating a memorial of sorts for big Ugo. The initial suggestion was for a mural of some sort

This one?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Following discussions with the supporters forum, there seems to be a bit of traction with regards to creating a memorial of sorts for big Ugo.

The initial suggestion was for a mural of some sort depicting Ugo during his Boro pomp.

Would be interested to hear thoughts and suggestions as to what how you guys would like to depict a memorial and where you’d suggest it goes.

Initial thoughts are for something like this…

5DDBA4CB-BECF-402C-87AF-DB27537D3F7E.jpeg.e32a4d95d585ccf0f8d24ed3ba2fc0f0.jpegFirst thoughts on placement were somewhere like the following locations…

4B0B833A-C50F-449B-B23C-00BD7A493A4B.thumb.jpeg.051e1dda5caa232a2de25fa2a72d0c34.jpeg66326425-2B2B-46EB-8EAB-12945F15B975.thumb.jpeg.988dee1c4336c86ffe3c63485c0d06c8.jpeg

Got to admit I haven't been to the Riverside since the pandemic, but my initial thought on it being under that bridge is that there is usually burger and sweet vans there on match day and it would seem a bit pointless putting it behind them. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

Got to admit I haven't been to the Riverside since the pandemic, but my initial thought on it being under that bridge is that there is usually burger and sweet vans there on match day and it would seem a bit pointless putting it behind them. 

Yeah that was one of my initial thoughts too. Suggestion was to identify the kind of canvas we’d need. Can’t imagine that pitch would be shifted and you can’t have it there with the burger van in situ.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Humpty said:

66326425-2B2B-46EB-8EAB-12945F15B975.thumb.jpeg.988dee1c4336c86ffe3c63485c0d06c8.jpeg

The completely empty metal panelling on the left of the windowed section here would seem a good place, if that is something the club would consider

• Like 3

Another option, although it would require agreeing it with the company based in there, would be the long section of wall after you cross the train tracks coming from the To wn centre. 

I do think something more physically imposing would be better suited to the man himself though.

Ugo.png

• Like 2

There are plenty of players that deserve this and staff too, ones who won’t get a statue but deserve some memorial. I wonder if we could do something that ties in the gates and statues we have in front of the ground already, we might loose a few car spaces but a properly designed memory space would be nice.

8 minutes ago, Will said:

The completely empty metal panelling on the left of the windowed section here would seem a good place, if that is something the club would consider

That's not a bad shout, actually. As per your other post, that spot there has enough vertical space to create this physically imposing image of Ugo to reflect the man.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Will said:

That would be epic. I hadn’t considered something on that scale. I wonder how the club would react to that suggestion. It’s on the list cheers Will

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Naisby said:

There are plenty of players that deserve this and staff too, ones who won’t get a statue but deserve some memorial. I wonder if we could do something that ties in the gates and statues we have in front of the ground already, we might loose a few car spaces but a properly designed memory space would be nice.

I agree @Naisby 
The thought behind this was because he died so young. It seemed to gain a lot of support on twitter too.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Will said:

Another option, although it would require agreeing it with the company based in there, would be the long section of wall after you cross the train tracks coming from the To wn centre. 

I do think something more physically imposing would be better suited to the man himself though.

Ugo.png

This wall on the right could be a good space and you could have a series of murals for other Boro heroes and legends that the fans would want to honour. Like a memorial version of the East Side Gallery. 

On Ugo specifically, I 100% think we should have something for him. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

This wall on the right could be a good space and you could have a series of murals for other Boro heroes and legends that the fans would want to honour. 

On Ugo specifically, I 100% think we should have something for him. 

That was my thinking, and it starts a buzz and personality about the club before you get to the ground itself. Obviously the main stumbling block would be the company who own it.

• Like 2