• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this would be the perfect photo to use for Ugo.

Following discussions with the supporters forum, there seems to be a bit of traction with regards to creating a memorial of sorts for big Ugo. The initial suggestion was for a mural of some sort

This one?

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Maybe he could hold that wind turbine we were supposed to get years ago? Kill two birds with one stone.

This is the kind of thinking we need at this football club.

Seriously though, if you're going to do stuff like this then it should be lots of players of the past, not just Ugo, although I get the reason for him being mentioned specifically.  Most players aren't going to get statues at the ground like Mannion, and Hardwick, it'd be nice to have something for lots of players, and a space for players in the future as well.

Agreed which is why I think @Will and @Tom’s suggestion of utilising the wall on the walk to the ground should be something we look to get off the ground.
I’ve had a response from the club and they’re going to get back to me on what we can use in and around the stadium.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Agreed which is why I think @Will and @Tom’s suggestion of utilising the wall on the walk to the ground should be something we look to get off the ground.
I’ve had a response from the club and they’re going to get back to me on what we can use in and around the stadium.

Obviously I sent an email to the company on that site but I wonder if it may have more weight if someone from MFC or at least MSF could follow this up? 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Will said:

Obviously I sent an email to the company on that site but I wonder if it may have more weight if someone from MFC or at least MSF could follow this up? 

Think it would have to be MFC mate.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

I imagine you’d need their consent. Given the state of the area, I can’t think you’d have much opposition.

I think this is key, has to be sold as improving what is quite a desolate area. Not just for the enhancement of the football club.

Brightens it up, gives a space for local artists.

• Like 1

With anything put in a public space the hoops you have to jump through are massive especially health and safety and legal liabilities.

its an absolute nightmare, especially if your not the land owner. 

Years ago I was part of a group that wanted to put a memorial up to recognise a historic building, to us it was just a plaque on a wall, after 3 years we gave up, all parties agreed to it and liked the idea, then the legal departments got involved and the upshot was if we put a plaque up  and a member of the public hurt themselves while viewing it we would be legally liable.

• Haha 2
  • 2 months later...