• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this would be the perfect photo to use for Ugo.

Following discussions with the supporters forum, there seems to be a bit of traction with regards to creating a memorial of sorts for big Ugo. The initial suggestion was for a mural of some sort

This one?

Posted Images

Agree with the giant Ugo mural and the Ali Brownlee Media Suite ideas. The stadium panelling could support more than one mural - above the Legends Lounge doors, above Turnstiles 8&9, etc.

Could I also suggest a memorial garden, not just for lost players and club icons, but also for everyone else who loved the Boro and isn't with us any more? There's a partially-sunken riverside jetty immediately north of the roundabout accessing Car Parks B-E, which could be attractively landscaped and given some benches and perennials, maybe with a few plaques or photo galleries.

If that site isn't suitable for any reason, I'm sure other sites could be suggested for a place people could go and reflect for a moment. We're hardly short of brownfield space in the vicinity of the stadium.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Will said:

Another option, although it would require agreeing it with the company based in there, would be the long section of wall after you cross the train tracks coming from the To wn centre. 

I do think something more physically imposing would be better suited to the man himself though.

Ugo.png

This is the area for me. You could do so much along that wall. We must have some talented artists who could create murals of Ugo, Ali, and anyone else who deserves to be immortalised in the future. 

Just a question of who that wall belongs to.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Will said:

Another option, although it would require agreeing it with the company based in there, would be the long section of wall after you cross the train tracks coming from the To wn centre. 

I do think something more physically imposing would be better suited to the man himself though.

Ugo.png

I echo this idea...obviously not sure on the feasibility. 

Also wonder if it's possible to have a mural starting at the end furthest from the ground? Then it can be added to as time goes on. I also think it would be a really good idea to incorporate other former Boro players that have passed, in said mural.

Apologies if this has all been covered in later posts...I'm only just starting to read the thread!

Edit: Just seen that @boksicdinkand @Tom also on the same train of thought.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 2

I just thought, with regards to that long wall after going under the bridge, I should ask those on MSF to see if it's been spoken about before. It almost seems too obvious that it wouldn't have been asked but I'll try to remember to ask the group tomorrow.

The Ehiogu memorial was brought up last night thanks to Humpty's suggestion he made elsewhere but all that was really said, from recollection, is we all agreed it was a good idea and Twe12th Man mentioned how they helped with the Ali Brownlee thing at the back of the West Stand. I guess we'll see how good my recollection is when I get the minutes sent across to me. 😄

I decided to send a speculative email to the company on the site of that wall along Cargo Fleet Road just to put the feelers out on if it is something they would even consider. I'll keep you updated if I get a response.

• Like 1

Nice one Will. I'm in touch with the club and i'm waiting on a reply. I haven't specifically mentioned that wall yet but I'll bring it up once I get a response. I get the feeling any funding will have to be from the fans pockets for something well away from the ground.

• Like 1
On 1/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, Naisby said:

There are plenty of players that deserve this and staff too, ones who won’t get a statue but deserve some memorial. I wonder if we could do something that ties in the gates and statues we have in front of the ground already, we might loose a few car spaces but a properly designed memory space would be nice.

The above wall is In sections , a section could be designated to a deserved person in a mural , like a historic mural wall of key figures like Ugo 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, Naisby said:

There are plenty of players that deserve this and staff too, ones who won’t get a statue but deserve some memorial. I wonder if we could do something that ties in the gates and statues we have in front of the ground already, we might loose a few car spaces but a properly designed memory space would be nice.

The wall is in sections , delegate a section to a chosen person , a wall of historic figures such as Ugo . It would also tidy up an eyesore which is a main walk way to the ground . I am sure Middlesbrough council would assist in funding as it would be an improvement on the town 

Edited by Simply Red

I like the Arsenal idea of having past legends around the outside of the Stadium. We could perhaps do a similar montage around the Riverside remembering past heroes. Granted the Arsenal Stadium was designed with this in mind but there are still plenty of wide open areas on the outside of the Riverside Stadium that a creative artist could incorporate.