oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

image.thumb.png.4d1f585ff27fbe21f958c7339ba8a678.png

So, we are traveling to Blackburn on a Monday night to face Tony Mowbray's in form team... a team with 13 points for the last 5 games, just like us! 

We played Blackburn at The Riverside back in August in a 1-1 draw, where Howson scored the Boro goal. There might be a chance for another draw, but I can see any of the two teams running away with the 3 points. Hopefully it can and will be us! 

Dael Fry got kicked in the face last time we visited Ewood Park
image.thumb.png.32b62ef88d9a2d377c123cbbe60e0fbc.png

Gossip about us from the other side: https://www.brfcs.com/forums/forum/4-blackburn-rovers-fans-messageboard/

It's question time: 

1: Pick the team, not your nose!
2: What is your opinion on the players we have signed so far?
3: What will the scoreline be after 90 minutes?
4: Will we go to Ewood Park to play football for winning the game or will we play for the draw?
5: Name 5 current or former players who have played for both clubs.
6: Will we ever see Payero? Is it fair enough, that it's hard to get into a winning team?
7: Will DZ ever be a mod?
8: Where is your dream destination for a vacation?
9: Any new signings before kick off? 
10: Which positions do we still need to sign someone for?

The game will be televised in a lot of countries, so a stream should be possible to find. 

Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

Same as against Reading, don't change a winning team unless there's injuries

Crooks will be and should be our player of the season, Bamba has done a great job considering he was brought in not expecting to play so much, Sporar I love the guy, sign him up, Payero I haven't seen enough of, too early for the other guys. JLS has been a big stinky disappointment.

Blackburn Rovers 1-2 Middlesbrough

4: Will we go to Ewood Park to play football for winning the game or will we play for the draw?

We'll go there to win

Too early to me to be thinking about stuff like that, at least let me have my coffee first

6: Will we ever see Payero? Is it fair enough, that it's hard to get into a winning team?

Yes, he'll get his chance but I think we'll see more of him next season

Only if @Downsouth retires or dies or goes out one day and forgets where he lives, and even then I think there would need to be a few more mod related disasters. Think of the first Johnny English movie.

Japan

No

Goalkeeper, LCB

Pedant's corner, but Dael was kicked in the face at the Riverside, not at Ewood. 

Apart from that, good opening post!

I think we'll see the same starting XI but with Watmore in for Connelly.

• Like 1

I can multi-task... Same team but McGree in at LWB 

Low risk reinforcements as we're not on the hook for either of the strikers if they turn out *** , in general it doesn't feel like we're being taken on a ride with clubs

2-1 to Blackburn, home advantage and I think we've rode our luck for a few games.

Would be happy with the draw. We'll go to there to score goals, Blackburn don't have much possession so I can see us dominating from that perspective but they will score goals on the break.

Ayala, Chapman, Downing and Danny Graham are the ones I can think of in recent years

Hoping he'll get some sub appearances, he played in the u23s so they're obviously trying to get him up to fitness

I have more chance of becoming President of the United States... #VoteFoogle2024

Digital Art Animation GIF

I have more chance of becoming President of the United States. #VoteFoogle2024

Left footed defender and goalkeeper but I'm not desperate for either. I like how many promising youngsters we're bringing in.

Big big game. Real test of how far we have come. Reminds me of the game against Brighton at their place where they were 18 games unbeaten or something and we turned them over. Hopefully it'll be the same result Monday!

Pleased that BBD is out and they also had a player sent off on Saturday as well, so they won't be at full strength. 

1: Pick the team, not your nose!

If I could have picked one, it wouldn't be this one!

2: What is your opinion on the players we have signed so far?

Good

3-0 Boro.

4: Will we go to Ewood Park to play football for winning the game or will we play for the draw?

FTW

Smallwood, Ayala, Errrrm

Hope so soon. I'll be gutted if he leaves without having a good crack at the championship.

No comment. 

Japan

9: Any new signings before kick off? 

No

GK. Maybe another duffender as well.

Hate these long breaks between games. 

A game that could go either way but I think Blackburn could edge it.

I am concerned over the last few games we have been leggy and not started well from the start or alternatively coming out second half. Credit to the never say die performance but that’s not going to work against Blackburn, it’s expected.  
Barnaby has stated it could be a cup final and I think it’s going either way, blood and snot or a cautious muted display. 
It’s a game a lot of teams will be watching to gauge if we are really the serious contenders our form suggests and it couldn’t be a better game to announce our arrival. 

It’s a hard one to call especially with the arrival of new players but we must start scoring more goals, but if we click I don’t think many teams will stay with us. 

Draw 2 - 2 

Places left to visit. Bucket list. Vietnam, Japan, Artic, China, tour all the UK 

Revisit. Thailand, Philippines. 

DZ as a mod…  as much chance as us winning the premier league  😂

Edited by sanddancer

This will be our toughest test under Wilder for sure. While the injury-time goals in the last three games have been incredibly good fun... They have papered over some small cracks. I think the last time we played really well was Forest on Boxing Day.

Rustiness in the Reading game can hopefully be chalked up to half the squad having covid, lack of training time etc in the preceding week... As I don't think Blackburn will be as accommodating if we're that flat again. Not saying we played badly as such, but it'll need to be more of a Forest type performance to get anything from the form side in the league. 

I'd give Balogun a spin up top with Sporar. He looked really sharp when he came on. I'd also be tempted to try McGree at left wing back. Taylor is a good defender but we are noticeably blunt when attacking down the left. 

• Like 1

I don't pick my nose - I have a pet crow that does it for me. He's called Tubbs.

Hard to say at this early stage, but I'm encouraged by @Denzel Zanzibar's praise for Balogun, and Connolly seems to be a livewire. It's just nice to be doing our work early in the transfer window, giving players time to bed in and extra weeks to affect results.

I'll go for the late Desmond - 2-2.

I don't think Wilder knows how to play for a draw. He had four strikers on the other day, which is an extraordinary sight for Boro fans who remember the likes of Negredo and Rhodes being in a different postcode to the rest of the team.

I will leave that to the more seasoned members of the board.

In the same way it's good to see you doing another MDT, it's good to see the manager not changing a winning side. Though I'd like Payero to get more substitute appearances to build his match sharpness and confidence.

I think he's more of a rocker (joke for the older board members). 

I'm lucky enough to have been to many countries already, but I haven't made it to Canada. It seems like a snowy version of America without the intolerance or inbreeding, which gets my vote.

I think the club might surprise us with a low-key defensive signing, but otherwise we're probably going to be letting players go rather than come (ooer).

Given the current league table and form guide, I honestly believe a Randolph-standard goalkeeper would get us automatic promotion. Stick with one of the incumbents, and we'll make play-offs. A new first choice GK would complete the squad for me.

Don't really need to as the team picks itself at the moment.

Still too early to tell. Need to see them in a few games before I pass judgement.

Have a feeling this will end 1-1.

Though knowing our luck Blackburn will nick it in 90 (+3).

I've heard Wilder always plays to win, but reckon it'll be a draw anyway.

Danny Graham, Stuart Ripley, Stewart Downing, Shay Given (for Blanco & Leesider), Craig Hignett.

Still hoping. There is definitely a school of thought that you don't change a winning team and Wilder (like Warnock before him) seems to have just about settled on his favoured starting XI.

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBCCedric The Entertainer Reaction GIF by CBS

Saltburn...obviously!

Actually, probably somewhere like Madagascar.

Haven't been keeping track. Are we close to signing anyone? If not, probably no.

Still need a new keeper.

Edited by AnglianRed

Team?

Probably the same as usual, Covid and injuries permitting. Probably a question of whether Watmore, Connolly or Balogun starts alongside Sporar. Presumably McGree will be added to the bench instead of Coburn.

what do |I think of the new signings?

Early days yet. They're either "projects" (Boyd-Munce etc) or calculated risks (Balogun, Connolly). McGree is the only one with any championship experience. 

Score?

I actually fancy us for this. I think Blackburn have overachieved and that gravity might be about to suck them back down to mid-table.

New signings before kick-off?

Probably not unless we're keeping something under wraps.

Do we need new signings?

I think a left-sided centre back is really important as cover for McNair or to allow McNair to cover for Howson. A keeper upgrade would be nice but I'm not convinced there's anyone available who we could afford. I also don't think Lumley is anywhere near as poor as people are making out. (He's probably a fairly middle of the range championship keeper who struggles with consistency.)

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0