• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Anyway…… what are we going to do on game day that’s not actually game day ? 🤷‍♂️

Nottingham Forest v Derby is on at 12:30pm

Massive game.

Then enjoy the scores coming in at 3pm whilst at work, hopefully a few go our way.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I'm watching the u18s play Liverpool at 1pm. Should be a good game!

Nice one. Will you throw an odd update on here for that game please mate?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nottingham Forest v Derby is on at 12:30pm

Massive game.

Then enjoy the scores coming in at 3pm whilst at work, hopefully a few go our way.

Yes good shout. I can relax and enjoy soccer Saturday today 😃

I hate a football Saturday when Boro are not playing.

Saturday 3 pm the whistle goes and your hopes for the weekend are in the hand of the players officials and football gods.

Not playing till Monday is just wrong that’s to me a mid week fixture, it shouldn’t be a Saturday one put back 21/2 days.

Im probably in the minority here but there is now too much football spread across every day so tv can show a match. Saturday/Sunday and Tuesday/Wednesday should be the only days for league and Cup domestic matches. Let Sky or whoever show some foreign football on these other days. Thursday is my only exception as UEFA plays that day.

• Like 2

If they want to fill the other nights footballing fix, then tv needs to start taking a leaf out of the US and bigging up the Academy leagues and using them as the US uses college sports to fill the tv spaces.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Naisby said:

I hate a football Saturday when Boro are not playing.

Saturday 3 pm the whistle goes and your hopes for the weekend are in the hand of the players officials and football gods.

Not playing till Monday is just wrong that’s to me a mid week fixture, it shouldn’t be a Saturday one put back 21/2 days.

Im probably in the minority here but there is now too much football spread across every day so tv can show a match. Saturday/Sunday and Tuesday/Wednesday should be the only days for league and Cup domestic matches. Let Sky or whoever show some foreign football on these other days. Thursday is my only exception as UEFA plays that day.

Reminds me of what Cloughy said once, "I love my Sunday dinners, but I don't want one every day of the week."

• Like 2

I was bored so did a bit of research.

It appears the average needed for 2nd spot is 86pts. Therefore we need 44 points from our remaining 20 games (60pts) to play for. 

That is a tall order regardless of how you do the maths. We would need to win around min of 13 of our last 20 games to be in with a shout imo. And even then we need some draws and very few losses.

15 wins, no draws and 5 losses. 45pts

14 wins. 2 draws and 4 losses. 44pts

13 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses. 44pts

12 wins, 8 draws and 0 losses. 44pts.

As for a 6th spot finish. 75pts should do it. We need 33pts for that. Which seems a lot more doable.

@Blanco i will leave it to you to tell me the average points needed for champions. Haha.

I think Wilder should get a knighthood if he takes up in 2nd spot never mind 1st

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0