oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

The main aim is to finish as high as possible, regardless of how many points will achieve which position. Ideally we need to finish in 3rd, or 4th so the second leg in the first play-off match is at home, which is definitely an advantage to have. I'm not writing off an automatic spot, however 3rd, or 4th place is the more likely scenario.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

Apart from Bournemouth losing no favourable results cam our way which means to stay in contention we have to match others results but certainly we can not afford to lose.

TBH I think there is only one autospot remaining I can not see anyone catching up with Fulham

• Like 1

I think it’s the playoffs that will give us a chance of promotion realistically.

yes we have about 20 matches to go and we got a squad that could get an automatic spot, but head and heart and experience tell me that Fulham have got one of the auto spots, and the rest of the teams including ourselves are all battling for a single spot.

8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I was bored so did a bit of research.

It appears the average needed for 2nd spot is 86pts. Therefore we need 44 points from our remaining 20 games (60pts) to play for. 

That is a tall order regardless of how you do the maths. We would need to win around min of 13 of our last 20 games to be in with a shout imo. And even then we need some draws and very few losses.

15 wins, no draws and 5 losses. 45pts

14 wins. 2 draws and 4 losses. 44pts

13 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses. 44pts

12 wins, 8 draws and 0 losses. 44pts.

As for a 6th spot finish. 75pts should do it. We need 33pts for that. Which seems a lot more doable.

@Blanco i will leave it to you to tell me the average points needed for champions. Haha.

I think Wilder should get a knighthood if he takes up in 2nd spot never mind 1st

20 wins, no draws, no losses = 60 points 

Total 102 points = Going up as Champions 💪

Simple really @TLF10 and a lot less maths to do as well 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 1/21/2022 at 2:28 PM, Humpty said:

Anyone else going?

(Other than @Tom)

Me and my son are. I learned a valuable lesson last Saturday. Never have more than a couple of pints when Boro get a late winner. By the time we got back to York he had convinced me to let him go. So we are staying over and rushing back in the morning for school.

• Like 1

Re who starts. I think it's fascinating that Watmore is now 3rd in line behind the new guys. I think his energy levels are the reason.

I thought Connolly settled down in the game last Saturday and showed what he will be able to do. I think he will do ok.

Flo looked very impressive when he came on. He does look suited to playing on the left so interesting to see where he gravitates to when he plays.

After watching the Hull game I think we can really go for Blackburn. They leave the midfield wide open and seemed to play 523. Hopefully the watching on Wilder and Knill have hatched a cunning plan.

Hope everyone has a good journey over and we get a good result.

For Hull they played Blackburn the day that a new owner took over and they got the inevitable bounce, If we come away from Ewood Park with a draw I will be happy, I’ve driven there and back on numerous cold midweek nights and a draw is more than we often get.

For those of you who have never experienced the joys of a mid week mid winter night at Ewood Park, my advice is warm clothes, get out before the whistle blows and take a point as a decent return. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

For Hull they played Blackburn the day that a new owner took over and they got the inevitable bounce, If we come away from Ewood Park with a draw I will be happy, I’ve driven there and back on numerous cold midweek nights and a draw is more than we often get.

For those of you who have never experienced the joys of a mid week mid winter night at Ewood Park, my advice is warm clothes, get out before the whistle blows and take a point as a decent return. 

We need an Alan Kernaghan moment.

Have we had more hat tricks than any other away ground at Blackburn? Is it Kerny, Boksic and JFH? Any others?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, edinboro said:

Have we had more hat tricks than any other away ground at Blackburn? Is it Kerny, Boksic and JFH? Any others?

I mentioned Alan Kernaghan about a week ago, and was made to feel old by the comments of who was he, and before my time. ( old man emoji ) 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Naisby said:

I mentioned Alan Kernaghan about a week ago, and was made to feel old by the comments of who was he, and before my time. ( old man emoji ) 

We lived in Bolton at the time. In those days the away fans were down the side. That stand was shaking that day.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, edinboro said:

You got the ones I remember. Super Super Al, Super Super Al, Super Super Al, Super Alan Kernaghan.

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0