oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Jonny Howson the slowest midfielder in world football. Takes that long to do anything he actually goes back in time.

6m Argentine U21 international on the bench so this clown can sit in the hole doing naff all.

I dont think Payero is competing with Howson, more with Tav.... we could ofc put Crooks in Howsons position, but might be to forward with both Tav and Payero? We are loosing the middle as it is allteady....

• Like 1
  • Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

Sporar having one of them games where he looks scared of defenders he seems to panic taking the ball into feet with under pressure and either gets robbed easily or has a heavy touch and loses it. Conolly is really really poor. At least Hernandez and watmore can carry the ball and run at players I really don't see what conolly offers. Can we have Hernandez back please?

Well okay, that wasn't the best half of football we've seen under Wilder.

On the other hand its still all square and to be honest I'd take that at full time, given our historical record and both teams' recent form.

Largely scrappy and high intensity, but low on skill. Both teams looked like they were trying to rush things...Boro especially. 

Thought we defended well for the most part - not too many scares. Didn't show enough endeavour or composure going forward. Gave possession away cheaply too often.

Hopefully Wilder has some ideas to change things up second half.

Also, if the ref's association is watching, can we please have a proper Championship match official instead of the card-happy Sunday League clown currently running the match?

This is the 4th game we’ve been ***. Since Forest we’ve been dire, we’ve just been fortunate to get some last minute goals which have papered over the cracks.

Connolly and Sporar been shocking. Can’t trap a ball to save there life.

1 minute ago, ladyspite said:

I dont think Payero is competing with Howson, more with Tav.... we could ofc put Crooks in Howsons position, but might be to forward with both Tav and Payero? We are loosing the middle as it is allteady....

As we're already losing the middle it really doesn't matter.  See what happens in the second half but if Payero can't get into the team in these circumstances then I have no idea when he ever will.

2 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

We need a technically capable CM to play the deep lying role so we can progress up the pitch. This whole performance is falling apart because Howson is playing that role without being remotely in the game. There are times when he is standing with a Blackburn player between him and the CB with the ball and not moving to create the angle. It's shockingly bad midfield play. 

"fans" wanting Connolly sent back after just over 100mins of football. 45 of which has been one of the worst team performances of the season.

Give your heads a shake and wise up. Give the lad a chance. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Grim that. Payero has to come on for one of the midfield 3, could really be any of them. 

Connolly been poor but both strikers been feeding off absolute scraps so hard to be too critical.

Yes but they have to contribute by taking in the ball and playing off each other. Can't expect the midfield to be putting everything on a plate all the time. They need to be much better the pair of them when they get the ball to feet and with their back to goal. Too easily robbed by the defenders they have barely had to break a sweat against them. Zero aggression or desire to make anything happen.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0