• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

Unfortunately that was almost exactly what I expected. A dirty, scrappy game, low on skill and shots on target. Only thing I wasn't expecting was another clown of a ref...

...wait, thats pretty much a given in this league, isn't it?

Said in the first half I felt the game would be decided by a defensive mistake or a bit of individual skill.

Just a shame McNair had to be the one to make the defensive howler. But for that I'm fairly certain the game would have ended 0-0. Both sides were pretty evenly matched and a draw would have been a fair result.

Felt Wilder left it too late to make the changes. Mitigating circumstances due to us getting some momentum going until the medical emergency suspended play. Still, I felt he should have got some subs on around the hour mark, to give them more of a chance to have an impact.

Losing isn't the end of the world. It might put a dent in any hopes of automatic promotion anyone was having. But I still think a top 6 finish will be a great achievement for this season.

If nothing else, this game will have shown Chris and the lads how much of a step up is needed to become a truly top tier Championship team.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

To be fair we created 2 or 3 really solid chances towards the end and just didn't take them. At least he knows how to throw the kitchen sink at a team late on.

Would say it is more concerning how poor we have been especially in midfield over the last few games. 

The main chances came from Crooks heading in crossed balls, you can make changes elsewhere and still have that happening.

What's the deal with Blackburn and their attendances?  14,000 (3,000 of which were away fans) when a win would take them 2nd?  If that was us we'd be getting ridiculed, how come they seem to get no snarky comments?

Had more then enough chances to at-least get a draw. Shocking first half (similar to our previous 3 games). Better second half and thought our subs made a difference. 

Think we’ve missed a huge trick not getting in a proper left wing back to compliment Jones on the side. They’re our most important positions.

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

***, before his injury he was looking better than our other midfielders and that was with Warnockball. He is tailor made for a Wilder team as the lad can do a bit of everything.

He was a class above any of our players once he got going imo. Think he should have had about 5 assists in 2 or 3 games if our players could finish

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The main chances came from Crooks heading in crossed balls, you can make changes elsewhere and still have that happening.

Connolly simply has to at least hit the target with that one into his feet towards the end.

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Deverstating result that we were the far superior team dominated the 2nd half. Gutting result we had chances aswell though crooks should of taken his and collony 

Huh? We dominated for a short spell before the suspension, but we didn't dominate the rest of the 2nd half. 

We still lack actual creativity in midfield. Is Payero a complete non-starter these days?

Basically Jones is this season's Adama Traore - give him the ball and hope he can create something

I'm not convinced Neil Taylor is a fantastic wingback tbh.. he's a good LB though.. not great going forward at all. We should've brought Spence back for sure. Him on the Right & move Jones to his natural left hand side. 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Not having that. In the first half we weren’t even getting into positions to cross the ball. The subs definitely made a positive impact imo.

3 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Get a grip man..  nobody ever expected top 2 anyway.   For me we looked ok at times, strikers had chances and have not taken them.  Blackburn didn’t look like anything either, it’s 1-0 away to a team going well.

no dramas man, roll on the next game.  I do with her play Payero, just for something a bit different.  Tav, I just can’t work him out.  

Nobody expected top 2, but the door was firmly open if we’d won tonight. Hence why I said that chance has now gone 

That stoppage cost us big time, Blackburn looked tired and there for the taking.  We were very poor first half.  Needed to hit target more.  I’m disappointed Payero hasn’t seen much game time but not sure he’d have made the difference if he’d come on.  Granted midfield were poor but he’s not had much football.   He needs game time to get into the swing of things.  Problem is how do you give him the time.  My big worry is that we dont have a goal scorer. 

• Like 3