• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

The fact this is the 5th(fifth!!!) manager in a row to consider Jonny Howson undroppable because he's a "good pro" who has a northern accent by the way. 🤯

your Northern accent comment is a bit strange..

if I'm honest, I don't think Howson has been any better or worse than the other two. He doesn't get up the pitch as much so he hasn't been part of as many goal attempts. But Crooks is prone to some very sloppy passes from time to time and bad challenges, despite his many good qualities

I know he's been a scapegoat for a lot of people recently but I thought Tav was well below par tonight, offered very little if anything going forward and the less said about his corners the better.

Tonight isn't a season defining result by any stretch but it would be nice to see Wilder freshen up the side for the next couple of games. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Right far too much negativity on here tonight, so am going to end on a positive and go to bed. Belagun looks a proper player

He did tonight, made a small cameo and he pulled off plenty of quality touches.

I’d start watmore and balogun Saturday. Thought balogun was sharp when he came on.

Sporar was poor and Connolly looks like he’s got absolutely no confidence

Payero must not be doing it in training, to not even get an opportunity at all tonight. Tav seems to be unsubbable for some bizarre reason 

not a good performance, but we should’ve still scored second half. Awful goal to concede, and Lumley not to blame (hallelujah) 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

tough game against a team that has an excellent home record and dont concede many.  Thats said I thought we were poor tonight and didnt deserve the win, but probably didnt deserve to lose either.

One awful mistake cost us.

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

For me, we need a threat at LWB. Teams are very quickly learning our only threat comes from the right 

I agree, shows how good Jones is though. They still can’t stop him when he gets going. 

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Meh, either way we had enough chances to at least get a draw tonight. Still don’t know how Crooks hasn’t scored his at the end. Just keep the ball down ffs. Connolly and Jones had great chances too but lost composure. 

Definitely had some opportunities.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Fairly small town in an area with a hell of a lot of football clubs.

Town full of Liverpool/Utd/City fans then?#

We do brilliant attendace wise then considering we're sandwiched between the football Goliaths of  Newcastle and Leeds 😉

2 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

not sure what Sporar really offers tbh. Connolly looks lively at least, but neither were great tonight. Balogun looks to be by far the best player in his two brief outings.

Sporar is overrated. He's an average striker at best at this level. He has his moments but so does Gary Madine and the likes and we wouldn't be splashing 8m euros on players of that ilk. Gallagher and Carroll are levels ahead of him for what you need in the championship as a number 9 you can see the difference in the level of threat over the course of the game when you compare the performances.

• Like 1
Just now, Aphex_Boro said:

I know he's been a scapegoat for a lot of people recently but I thought Tav was well below par tonight, offered very little if anything going forward and the less said about his corners the better.

apart from the brilliant cross he put in for Crooks to have his header cleared off the line? .....Tav was fine tonight, maybe not his best game, but he was one of our better performers out there.

Who put in the cross for Crooks 2nd header btw? I can't remember tbf

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Disappointing result but we are still well in the playoff mix.  When Warnock left if you’d said top 2 was a realistic option most people would have laughed

I still don’t think it’s a realistic target to be fair but yes, I get your point. 

4 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

not sure what Sporar really offers tbh. Connolly looks lively at least, but neither were great tonight. Balogun looks to be by far the best player in his two brief outings.

Are you watching an alternative boro? Sporar didn’t have a great game but his movement is better than than all our other strikers we got and plays with passion of kike. 

connelly is just plain not ready, maybe given 2 months he be ready.