oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Town full of Liverpool/Utd/City fans then?

There are absolutely loads of plastics on Teesside.

Imagine what it's like in a place where you can actually easily get to the game.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm hoping next game we drop Howson for payero and drop Collony for balogun as collony was awful at finishing 

I think Connolly is lacking confidence and match sharpness.  He is getting in good positions and if he continues that he will probably start scoring.  I don't think we should write him off yet.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

apart from the brilliant cross he put in for Crooks to have his header cleared off the line? .....Tav was fine tonight, maybe not his best game, but he was one of our better performers out there.

Who put in the cross for Crooks 2nd header btw? I can't remember tbf

They got better as the game went on but he can't beat the 1st man 90% of the time.

I usually think Tav is ok but thought tonight he was well off it, probably his worst game under Wilder. 

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They scored from a defensive mistake and rarely troubled Lumley. On the back of 8 unbeaten. Time to focus on cov and get behind the players. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Missed the last 20 minutes because my wife rang, wanting to have a chat about some ITV drama she'd just watched.

When it rains, it *** pours

Should have told her to *** off

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

There are absolutely loads of plastics on Teesside.

Imagine what it's like in a place where you can actually easily get to the game.

I'm not having it sorry, I'm in a *** mood so I'm not seeing reason.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Are you watching an alternative boro? Sporar didn’t have a great game but his movement is better than than all our other strikers we got and plays with passion of kike. 

maybe so, cos I certainly wouldn't describe him as looking passionate on the pitch! his movement is decent tbf, but what good is movement if you stand on the ball when it comes to you

The thing I'd say about Sporar is that he clearly wants through balls, and we don't really do it that much.  We didn't under the last manager, and we don't under the current one.  Unfortunately our transfer activity in the summer was an absolute mess, and I still remain to be convinced that this is going to improve at all.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

***, before his injury he was looking better than our other midfielders and that was with Warnockball. He is tailor made for a Wilder team as the lad can do a bit of everything.

Well for me he had 10 good minutes at the end of a match where he did very little. Other than that he’s done nothing 

Just now, bmt said:

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They scored from a defensive mistake and rarely troubled Lumley. On the back of 8 unbeaten. Time to focus on cov and get behind the players. 

The season isn't over but we were very poor today, I actually don't think we've played well for a few weeks now and a defeat was coming. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, bmt said:

negativity cos we just played pretty badly in a fairly huge game... I'd say it's understandable. were you expecting everyone to be full of praise?

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Town full of Liverpool/Utd/City fans then?#

We do brilliant attendace wise then considering we're sandwiched between the football Goliaths of  Newcastle and Leeds 😉

I'm from Redcar, and 8 miles away from the Riverside, Leeds is 75 miles away, Newcastle is 51 miles away.

Neither have won anything in my lifetime.

Blackburn is only 35 miles away from Manchester, both clubs have won hatfuls of titles and trophies in my lifetime, and you could easily travel to every home match without issue.

Too many under par who remained on the pitch too long. Howson looked slow with everything, Tav just didn't influence anything and once again his set piece deliveries were poor. Our back three and McNair n particular seemed too keen to pass back and awful judgement for their goal from Paddy. Taylor just doesn't add enough down the left and we need far more than he offers.

How on earth Wilder thinks Connolly and Sporar are going to threaten as a duo at this level is beyond me. Sporar is barely clinging to his place because of a purple patch a few games ago and Connolly looks League Two level at very best. The two together are oil and water.

I have no idea why Watmore is the the one dropped to accommodate Connolly or indeed why Connolly is somehow ahead of him. Balogun clearly should be a starter just because he adds a threat down the left to balance out Jones on the right giving the opposition something more to think about.

Tonight looked a very disjointed performance, didn't click anywhere across the pitch. A lot is down to the players but most of it rests with Wilder and his team selection and failure to adapt until it was too late. Desperately throwing Strikers on indicates that these late wins have been papering over cracks rather than building momentum. Time for a sharp assessment of what (and who) is working and what (and who) isn't. That game was ideal for Ikpeazu as all we were doing was lumping it once again. If Ikpeazu isn't the answer then why are we playing to his strengths without him. 

• Like 2

I've not been ott with praise for Crooks previous or jumping on the bandwagon slating Tav. Imo Jones is helping Crooks look a much better player whereas Tav is being hindered by Peltier/Taylor. 

Need to sort out that lwb.