oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Jones and Connolly both had great chances in 2nd half. Both similar and both ironically did the same thing. Lost composure and blasted it high and wide. 

BORO traits unfortunately.. 

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

what did he say

He got so angry he lost his composure and train of thought. Pretty p***ed in my opinion and I’d be taking the train home then sit on the bus with him. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

no we wouldn't! haha, who in their right mind would be buzzing after a *** 0-0 draw! but it would've been better than a 1-0 defeat for sure

Majority of things I’d read is of people flapping over going to Blackburn and getting beat.  I’d have been happy with a draw to a team who has the best form.  Yes a win would be better, didn’t happen though did it.  Remember it wasn’t long ago we were crap under warnock.  Bit of a reality check for some.

• Like 3
Just now, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Majority of things I’d read is of people flapping over going to Blackburn and getting beat.  I’d have been happy with a draw to a team who has the best form.  Yes a win would be better, didn’t happen though did it.  Remember it wasn’t long ago we were crap under warnock.  Bit of a reality check for some.

Well tonight we were crap under Wilder 🙌

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Jones and Connolly both had great chances in 2nd half. Both similar and both ironically did the same thing. Lost composure and blasted it high and wide. 

Connolly like others have said just seems to lack that bit of confidence/sharpness, albeit I know it took a deflection. The Jones chance I missed due to getting another drink, so I can't comment on that chance 😂

I understand the thinking due to the impact on the reading game at the weekend, just I think we needed that extra bit of creativity to create the more clear cut chances for those on pitch.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

We were the team in the best form.

They were missing their better players.

I'd have taken a draw but tonight was a massive disappointment and it's not bedwetting to admit that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

Wilder has said Payero is in competition with Crooks for that right hand spot. Can’t see him getting any game time unless Wilder changes his mind where he can play. 

I agree it's going to be hard for payero to dismiss crooks from that spot. Looking at our set pieces crooks seems to be our most dangerous outlet. Technically I would say from the limited time I've seen from him that payero is more advanced but to lose crooks hinders us at set pieces. That being said i would like to see payero given more time on the pitch to see how he fits into a wilder style of play.

Poor performance but the fact we went there and dominated the ball whilst creating a few good chances whilst being that poor bodes well going forward.

This game might have crushed our distant top two hopes but next weekend we have a chance to bounce back into the top six. Not sure that Connolly and Sporar are the best pairing for us I hope we find the right combo sooner or later.

• Like 2