oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

18 hours ago, Barnaby said:

How did Blackburn & Boro rack up 10 yellow cards and not lose a man?

A lot of “tactical” fouls - particularly from Boro early on. We couldn’t cope with their midfielders breaking through and took a few yellows to stop dangerous situations developing. Got a feeling ref was evening things up a bit later on and he seemed a bit trigger happy with his card.

• Like 3
  • Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You know that Warnock would have spent the entire interview moaning about the penalty decision that never went our way, glossing over the rest of the game and pinning the entire result on something out of his control.

Oh I do miss him.................................................................NOT😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, estonpidge said:

Lots of ifs and buts but Wilder was spot on we weren't at it. Personally thought both strikers should have been off at half-time and we needed a midfielder who can spot a pass through their packed defence. 

If we’d been well behind he might have done. Presumably thought his rocket at half time would improve things -  and it did. I think he recognises that the forwards need to get an understanding and also Connolly needs to get match fit and to come to grips with the Championship style of play. For that reason, I suspect he might persist with him for a while. 
Bang on with comment about midfielder though. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You know that Warnock would have spent the entire interview moaning about the penalty decision that never went our way, glossing over the rest of the game and pinning the entire result on something out of his control.

I also think people would have accused Warnock for throwing the players under the bus and point the finger at him for poor tactics and preparation

I will say as well that I don't think we lose without that 10m break in play either. We were well on top and pushing and that 10 minutes let Blackburn regroup tweak things and derailed all our momentum. They scored within minutes of the restart IIRC.

Away from football though - happy to hear the fan is recovering in hospital. Hope he's back on his feet and back at Ewood park soon!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I also think people would have accused Warnock for throwing the players under the bus and point the finger at him for poor tactics and preparation

Funny that. Funny how in moments where a manager criticises his own team, it's easier to side with one who shows an ounce of accountability. One who doesn't sit and moan about referees after a bad result with any decision that goes against them. One who shows a more modern, effective approach to football tactics, changing a team whose best years in the past decade have been built on an alternative idea of defensive stability from the back. Managing to show how effective both he and those tactics can be within just a few games of being in charge.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Funny that. Funny how in moments where a manager criticises his own team, it's easier to side with one who shows an ounce of accountability. One who doesn't sit and moan about referees after a bad result with any decision that goes against them. One who shows a more modern, effective approach to football tactics, changing a team whose best years in the past decade have been built on an alternative idea of defensive stability from the back. Managing to show how effective both he and those tactics can be within just a few games of being in charge.

Definitely.

It is easier to sympathise with a manager who has tried to get us playing effective, attacking football.

Much harder to feel sorry for a manger who was almost constantly berating officials, pointing fingers at some individuals, while praising others, when the team was effectively forced to play awful, negative football due to his tactics and selections.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

In fairness I have suggested the latter about this match.  I'm all about equality me.