oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

A true realistic view on our current form which has exceeded all expectations and it’s worthy to recap on our last three games and late goals. Given we have new recruits to embed it’s not unrealistic to expect we will falter but I’m hoping it’s not tonight.
I’m hoping for a rallying never say die start to finish, blood sweat and tears, badge clutching performance that will make a grown man cry tears of joy. 

The encouraging thing is that now that we're in and around the playoffs we don't need to continue the type of form we've seen recently to stay there. So even if we do suffer a dip from some tough games we're still well in the hunt!

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Rishworthian said:

I've never known Blackburn be that cold.  I've just looked at the weather forecast and it is bettween 2 and zero tonight.  I'm stopping at home. 

Oldham is only the third highest ground in the country but one terrace is high and exposed because of its elevation over the rest of the ground.  They've built a new stand so it might not be too bad next time you go.

I remember a Boro juniors game at Whitby town with a stiff North wind blowing.  I was freezing when I got back in the car and remaind cold all the way back to the far side of West Yorks despite full heating and a duvet jacket.  Now that was very parky

One i remember well. Drove down to Portsmouth, night game, Terry Cochran 09 January 1980 and it was Baltic. I honestly could not stop shaking and my legs and hands were numb for days after. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Foogle said:

The encouraging thing is that now that we're in and around the playoffs we don't need to continue the type of form we've seen recently to stay there. So even if we do suffer a dip from some tough games we're still well in the hunt!

Disagree to an extent there feel it is more important to match or even better those above us results, let other clubs start dropping off not Boro.

Seriously I want to see opponents fear the thought of having to play us, this really is a massive game for so many reasons

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

One i remember well. Drove down to Portsmouth, night game, Terry Cochran 09 January 1980 and it was Baltic. I honestly could not stop shaking and my legs and hands were numb for days after. 

Seriously cold Saturday when my lad was much younger experienced at The Dell Southampton I had to keep him close to me so he did not freeze his socks off, or was it the other way?

Another game which @Will will confirm was at Brentford a few seasons back it was bitter

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Seriously cold Saturday when my lad was much younger experienced at The Dell Southampton I had to keep him close to me so he did not freeze his socks off, or was it the other way?

Another game which @Will will confirm was at Brentford a few seasons back it was bitter

I'm pretty sure nowhere on earth has ever been as cold as that corner of Griffin park was that day. Yusuf had the right idea!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Oh I agree… 

10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

When I was at Southampton years back when woolly scarfs tied to a belt loop was the norm and some daft a**e set me on fire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
19 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Looking up is always encouraging, but looking behind there are quite a few teams eying our spot so maintaining or improving form is important.

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

When I was at Southampton years back when woolly scarfs tied to a belt loop was the norm and some daft a**e set me on fire. 

It was one of those games where you wished time would travel quickly but due to the conditions it was a long long time in the cold, we both left looking like a mixture of both blue and red features

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

It was one of those games where you wished time would travel quickly but due to the conditions it was a long long time in the cold, we both left looking like a mixture of both blue and red features

The away end at Stokes old Victoria ground was Cold, I’ve been freezing there and it’s been August, mid winter games and it was excruciating.

Come to think of it Stoke is one of the coldest places I’ve ever been too Football or not, we used to regularly visit my cousins there and I’d swear the same bit of ice was on the pavement from November till May. 🥶

13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:
16 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The Dell was a funny old ground wasn't it?  The wonky stand thing, not wonky but you know what I mean diagonal.  Can't remember if it was both ends or just one.  Anyway, different circumstances as it certainly wasn't cold but I was there when we got bopped 4-0 under Robbo, and that certainly felt like longer than 90 mins 😢

Nobody set me on fire though 🙂

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The Dell was a funny old ground wasn't it?  The wonky stand thing, not wonky but you know what I mean diagonal.  Can't remember if it was both ends or just one.  Anyway, different circumstances as it certainly wasn't cold but I was there when we got bopped 4-0 under Robbo, and that certainly felt like longer than 90 mins 😢

Nobody set me on fire though 🙂

The wonky wall was more pronounced on one side think that was the away end at one point, tbh can't recall seeing us win there nor the new stadium seen a few draws and low walls!

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0