oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The thing I'd say about Sporar is that he clearly wants through balls, and we don't really do it that much.  We didn't under the last manager, and we don't under the current one.  Unfortunately our transfer activity in the summer was an absolute mess, and I still remain to be convinced that this is going to improve at all.

So far he is a below average championship striker on top end championship striker wages.

• Like 1
  • Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

maybe so, cos I certainly wouldn't describe him as looking passionate on the pitch! his movement is decent tbf, but what good is movement if you stand on the ball when it comes to you

There goal was a quick opportunist shot which snook through which is all it takes. There is no need to be blasting balls because we all know they lift as we prove time and time again. Work the keeper.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

negativity cos we just played pretty badly in a fairly huge game... I'd say it's understandable. were you expecting everyone to be full of praise?

People saying the season's over and wanting to get rid of key players because we lost

It's a joke mate

• Like 3

Blackburn actually have pretty good support when you consider they are a fairly small town, they share catchment areas with lots of other Lancashire clubs and they are a short drive from Liverpool and Manchester where you have 4 giant Premier league clubs. 

I don't think we're any better supported to be honest. 

Just now, LBP said:

People saying the season's over and wanting to get rid of key players because we lost

It's a joke mate

People are always going to overreact after a defeat but there is certainly nothing wrong with being critical.

The vast majority recognise that tonight was never make or break either way but to say we couldn't make some changes for the better would be looking at things with the good old rose tinted glasses. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

So far he is a below average championship striker on top end championship striker wages.

100% he's obviously not dogshit, but he's certainly not someone we should be spunking £8m on - unless something changes massively in the 2nd half of the season

1 minute ago, Aphex_Boro said:

People are always going to overreact after a defeat but there is certainly nothing wrong with being critical.

The vast majority recognise that tonight was never make or break either way but to say we couldn't make some changes for the better would be looking at things with the good old rose tinted glasses. 

?

Just now, LBP said:

It's a joke mate

People had got carried away by all our wins.  My expectation at the start of the season was mid table (10-16ish). We are flirting with the edge of the playoffs.  Blackburn are a bogey team for us and they have been in really good form. Very few teams will win at Ewood Park this season. The ref didn't help, though...

Tonight was a great time to play Blackburn, they were missing their star striker and a couple of other players. The season isn't over but that's a great opportunity wasted. 

Mowbray did a job on Wilder tonight. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Town full of Liverpool/Utd/City fans then?#

We do brilliant attendace wise then considering we're sandwiched between the football Goliaths of  Newcastle and Leeds 😉

Goliaths, Newcastle, Leeds oh come on are you taking about there women? 

LWB is definitely a position we need to sort out, I just worry that we've already covered that by signing Taylor... he's a great player to have brought in to solve the injuries we had, but he's just not attacking enough to be enough of a threat going forward.

We're becoming very easy to play against cos it all basically goes down the right hand side.

Hopefully this new Australian can step into LWB.. I'm not convince Bola is particularly brilliant either tbh.