oneBoro Forum

Blackburn v Middlesbrough 1-0

I'm hope I'm not going to regret saying this when we play our next game...

I am starting to have more confidence in Lumley. He has improved under Wilder and has been making some decent saves. Today's goal was the defence, and not Lumley's error or responsibility. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Negativity on here is terrible. Playing 2nd place in the division away from home. A tough stop start game. Missed a couple of really good chances which on another day could have won us the game. They

We've missed some golden late chances and not been at our best - but why there is so much negativity on here is beyond me. We're on a great run and playing an away fixture against an extremely tough s

Disappointing result and performance, but nights like last night are standard in the Championship - even for promotion candidates. Even during our promotion under Karanka we had many of these types of

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Wilders *** off and rightly so

Hope he’s annoyed at himself tbh, I’m not trying to complain about him but he has to change that midfield when it’s not working, not bringing on Payero a creative player whose good at set pieces, cost us big

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, White Band said:

I'm hope I'm not going to regret saying this when we play our next game...

I am starting to have more confidence in Lumley. He has improved under Wilder and has been making some decent saves. Today's goal was the defence, and not Lumley's error or responsibility. 

I still think we need a proper keeper in but Lumley was probably our best player tonight with Jones and Fry, the rest were poor 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think he's below average, he's definitely on some nice money though.

Just going on the fact that the likes of Cornick, Bradshaw, Sharp and Hogan have scored more than him. 

He’s not *** but for the money (transfer+wages) I expect more

51 minutes ago, Borodane said:

No it wasn’t. McNair touched the ball so it’s a new situation. He actively goes for the ball and gets a slight touch. Perfectly good goal. 

It’s not.

When the initial ball is played forward the lad is offside.

The Sky pundit tried to pass it off as because McNair touched it then it was a new phase but that’s not the law or the interpretation.This is just sky “experts” making shot up. 

If this was with VAR then the offside would have been given.

• Like 4

Considering Blackburn's recent form, this is by no means a disaster. If any team was going to interrupt our winning streak it would have been them, and they did it by only one goal after a lengthy stoppage that disrupted the game. Nothing to be ashamed or worried about. There are a lot of games to come. 

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It’s not.

When the initial ball is played forward the lad is offside.

The Sky pundit tried to pass it off as because McNair touched it then it was a new phase but that’s not the law or the interpretation.This is just sky “experts” making shot up. 

If this was with VAR then the offside would have been given.

McNair made a deliberate attempt to play the ball and made connection with it, that is in the law and starts a new phase of play. VAR wouldn't have changed anything. Please see relevant section from the FA website below.

Screenshot_20220124-231728_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just going on the fact that the likes of Cornick, Bradshaw, Sharp and Hogan have scored more than him. 

He’s not *** but for the money (transfer+wages) I expect more

He was looking good with Watmore.

10 minutes ago, LBP said:

I still think we need a proper keeper in but Lumley was probably our best player tonight with Jones and Fry, the rest were poor 

He should have caught the corner Sporar headed away. That said, he was looking to punch it when unchallenged.

Question is, did he shout for it or not?

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

He should have caught the corner Sporar headed away. That said, he was looking to punch it when unchallenged.

He definitely shouted for it, heard it on the coverage.

6 minutes ago, Will said:

McNair made a deliberate attempt to play the ball and made connection with it, that is in the law and starts a new phase of play. VAR wouldn't have changed anything. Please see relevant section from the FA website below.

Screenshot_20220124-231728_Chrome.jpg

Exactly. It’s all on McNair this one. 

3 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I thought I heard a faint shout. Although I understand that keepers are more likely to punch than catch these days, I thought he should have came to catch rather than punch