oneBoro Forum

Strachan is a total failure and should go

In my opinion we have in charge possibly the worst manager this club has had in my 40 years of following them and that takes some doing.He has failed at every level.We have no chance of promotion this year because he has recruited players willy nilly with no thought as to team shape or pattern.

I'm going to quote some statistics.These are not intended to back up the previous manager, who should have been sacked at Xmas in the relegation season in my opinion,but simply show what a total incompetent is in charge of the club now.

Last year before he came we had a very decent counterattacking team away from home P7 W4 D2 L1--goals for 14.Yes thats right we were scoring an average 2 goals every away game.

Last 7 games away W1 D2 L4 --goals for 5.In each defeat we failed to score.This year has started in the same manner with not a goal scored in 2 games.

Im sorry he has no defence.He has had a decent budget to bring players in.He doesnt rate the left backs at the club but has not brought one in.We still have no right winger .We dont have a player that can go past an opponent.He has taken all pace out of the team.Lee Miller is quite possibly the worst player I have seen in a Boro shirt in 25 years[cost 500k].Bailey is a lower league midfielder with no talent and a total waste of money[£1.4 mill].

He has taken out the one thing we were good out[counterattack]and replaced it with ?Also as a ST holder and paying customer the football is little short of awful to watch.

I'm hoping for the clubs sake that when the crowd[that is the few of us that are left] starts giving him stick[and it's coming] he walks and saves us the pay off.He has quit his last two jobs so there must be a good chance.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

totally agree with you SM he is a total buffoon! I never thought strachan would be any good despite others assertions that he had a good track record. yes well I'm sure I could coach an old firm team to success in such a poor league. I also blame gibbo as his last two appointments of manager show he has taken his eye off the ball.

Good post Stocky would have to agree with you.

Now this is becoming a habit thats twice in two days we have been in agreement.

What is this world coming to..:D:D

My morning mail is chocked with jokes from a Sunderland fan and loads from Newcastle supposed mates. I never felt this bad for decades. We are now six points behind the leaders with a negative goal difference of 3. Also note we are only 2 points off the drop zone. My point being, I can`t see the positives that can bring change.

totally agree with you SM he is a total buffoon! I never thought strachan would be any good despite others assertions that he had a good track record. yes well I'm sure I could coach an old firm team to success in such a poor league. I also blame gibbo as his last two appointments of manager show he has taken his eye off the ball.

(quote)

Where have I heard that old chestnut before?IF you & others are so clever,why arn't you making your mark in Scottish football??? Better men have tried,ex footballers & holders of the Pro license without success.Its very easy being a virtual genius on Football Manager.

Oh,you forgot GS2 also got to a Wembley Cup Final.

I think its people like you and Lady who are the buffoons for making crass remarks.

ooh handbags! the Scottish premier was an easy league in the past for whoever managed the old firm simply because of their spending power in comparison to others. strachan's team was a big fish in a small pond so really you would expect him to do well and at least win something! if your talking about john Barnes failing well that's not a good bench mark as he really was ***!

wise up lin, don't know how you can be so foam handed about strachan at present he's doing nothing except taking this club back to where the rollercoaster began in the third tier of football. get real you muppet!

I say he needs more time - we don't know what players he hasn't managed to get to fill the weak areas, for all we know he could of missed out on a few so to come out with blanket remarks saying he has not tried to correct our issues could be well short of the mark!

For a start he has been more honest about our issues and lack of quality in certain areas than our last management team and probably the team before that!

As far as ability, he has played at the highest level under some great managers, club and country, he has also achieved some honours as a manager albeit with Celtic.

You just have to look up the road to see that a guy who hasn't achieved much and got slated regularly, but who was given some time and a chance by club and fans has managed to achieve, in what many thought was a nightmare scenario and a disaster of a football club!

well Strachan is suppose to better than our former manager right? Everyone agree on that right?

Shouldent we then atleast play better? Do we really care what he says after the games?

I can aslo see what we lack, does that make me a manager? no it does not

The remark saying that if you can't do it yourself then you should keep your mouth shut is a bit bad. I am not a manager, thats not my profession. I can't built houses either so I don't put myself up for that work. But I will still complain ift he builders are bad.

In my opinion we have in charge possibly the worst manager this club has had in my 40 years of following them and that takes some doing.He has failed at every level.We have no chance of promotion this year because he has recruited players willy nilly with no thought as to team shape or pattern.

I'm going to quote some statistics.These are not intended to back up the previous manager, who should have been sacked at Xmas in the relegation season in my opinion,but simply show what a total incompetent is in charge of the club now.

Last year before he came we had a very decent counterattacking team away from home P7 W4 D2 L1--goals for 14.Yes thats right we were scoring an average 2 goals every away game.

Last 7 games away W1 D2 L4 --goals for 5.In each defeat we failed to score.This year has started in the same manner with not a goal scored in 2 games.

Im sorry he has no defence.He has had a decent budget to bring players in.He doesnt rate the left backs at the club but has not brought one in.We still have no right winger .We dont have a player that can go past an opponent.He has taken all pace out of the team.Lee Miller is quite possibly the worst player I have seen in a Boro shirt in 25 years[cost 500k].Bailey is a lower league midfielder with no talent and a total waste of money[£1.4 mill].

He has taken out the one thing we were good out[counterattack]and replaced it with ?Also as a ST holder and paying customer the football is little short of awful to watch.

I'm hoping for the clubs sake that when the crowd[that is the few of us that are left] starts giving him stick[and it's coming] he walks and saves us the pay off.He has quit his last two jobs so there must be a good chance.

I can understand your anger,but "the worst manager this club has had in my 40 years" I do not think so.Hell I am not happy about the situation,but lets be rational.Miller worse than Gook???"Bailey is a lower league midfielder with no talent and a total waste of money[£1.4 mill]. ! 1.4 is a snip,how about Emnes?twice the price:exclamation:

My I recall Mac being hit in the face with a season ticket,then being hailed as a savior for winning the Carling Cup.All in a short space of time.

Apart from Garth,what about the others managers who took us down? They must have failed lamentably.Difference being Robbo who got us back up.

Now about this counter attacking football are we talking of the same team that surrended matches in the last 10 minutes,who scored less goals in the relegation season,can't have been that counter attacking,too busy letting them in at the back.Is this the same counter attacking footballteam that never showed up against Cardiff in the FA Cup?

Let me state that I can see things that are wrong the same as you can S'man,I agree with you about the left back role.It is just I think you have over reacted.Hull were 20th with 5 points at this stage the year they went up.Forest were at the bottom but finished in the play offs.So come on S'Man " Grey skies are gonna clear up,Put on a happy face".

ooh handbags! the Scottish premier was an easy league in the past for whoever managed the old firm simply because of their spending power in comparison to others. strachan's team was a big fish in a small pond so really you would expect him to do well and at least win something! if your talking about john Barnes failing well that's not a good bench mark as he really was s**t!

wise up lin, don't know how you can be so foam handed about strachan at present he's doing nothing except taking this club back to where the rollercoaster began in the third tier of football. get real you muppet!

Buffoons and now muppet.Got a real grasp on the English language haven't you?What do you know of third tier?I was there when Carter took us down,& Strachan is nowhere near as bad as he was as manager.Look where Hull were the year they went up,4 places below us in 20th.I back up my statements,you can only come up with sweeping generalisations & crass remarks.

Its you who needs to get real.

Linny.Gook was crap but cost nothing,we actually parted with cash for Miller.Emnes was a big waste of money but that doesnt make signing a talentless player for £1.4 million "a snip" as you put it or does it justify it.

With regard to your comments about counter attack I didnt make the statistics up-check them out for yourself.Go and check last seasons results.

For the good of my well being I needed to get it off my chest.I dont want Strachan to fail.I am a Boro fan.I'm just saying what is apparent to me about what is going on.

I`m with Lin on this.

Everyone else is an over-reacting doom ***erer.

4 games in and the world has come to an end.

Come on lads, lets at least wait until we can`t go up instead of just writing us off now.

Totally agree that the 4 games have been poor but that doesn`t necasserely** mean it`s going to be the same over the entire season.

Well Strachan has a real easy job if we gonna compare everything he does to the manager we had before him lol. I would like to be in that position too. Every player he buys will cost less than Alves and Mido so he is pretty much in the clear. He will not take us down a league so he is in the clear there too.

Right now what he fails to do though is win the same amount of matches, and thats bad....