oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

The crowds that went in the old south stand were a very mixed bag, we had season tickets there too for a season and it was just the same, the big beef round us wasn’t what was said it was the fact they stood up to say it.😅

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

The crowds that went in the old south stand were a very mixed bag, we had season tickets there too for a season and it was just the same, the big beef round us wasn’t what was said it was the fact they stood up to say it.😅

It was, I really miss that place though, some super fond memories and it used to actually bounce, like really move when the ground was in full swing.  

We had season tickets at the riverside as well until I moved down to Nottingham in 99 and it was fantastic but there was always just a little sadness which I still have to be honest about leaving Ayresome Park.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, LOAM said:

It was, I really miss that place though, some super fond memories and it used to actually bounce, like really move when the ground was in full swing.  

We had season tickets at the riverside as well until I moved down to Nottingham in 99 and it was fantastic but there was always just a little sadness which I still have to be honest about leaving Ayresome Park.

Wooden stands and corrugated iron, with seats you could bang and they heard it across in the North. It was always fun to watch the crews go up to the tv gantry and banter with them whilst they took their life in their hands. How many times I wished Rodger Thames would take a tumble 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Naisby said:

it Was vile and disgusting, but is anyone shocked or surprised by a chant like this, if you are then I’m imagining you haven’t heard the chants about the sex abuse cases from the 80’s that happen every time certain folk of a striped disposition amble down the A19.

Or some of the ever so light hearted ones the Holgate used to blast out about Kevin Keegan, his wife, his children and maybe even his hamster, usually we either scored or almost scored before we got to the hamster verse.

Im neither supportive or hostile to this as this is the kind of stuff I grew up with in football, the flip side is the excellent witty non too offensive ones that spring up too.

February 12th or when ever the Rams come up to see us expect this before during and after the match, with more additional verses to this ditty and other words and tunes aimed at us, our club, chairman, heritage and even our taste in mascot.

I fully expect this match to have a vintage feel to it, and going to and from the game I would remind folk not everyone goes to the match with friends, so watch out for lone fans and maybe walk with them cos I fully expect some Ram with a disposition to agro will be watching them and you.

Well said.

Build a bonfire isn't exactly a pleasant chant for that matter, it's certainly been sung at the Riverside though.  Take it further if you like, Jimmy Saville stuff, I can remember some stuff about Graham Rix at the Riverside years back.  Delightful chants about Nick Barmby's wife.  I'm sure there are more than that, and all those are at home in the more sanitised Riverside era.  Away from home I've heard all kinds of stuff from Bobby Sands anti IRA chants to the generic rent boy crap, and a few with obvious racial elements.  I'm not sure we get to take the moral high ground on this, albeit it's clearly pathetic from the Derby fans.

• Like 3

No club can take the moral high ground on chants and songs, I’ve lived and supported Boro and sung songs that now have no place in football or society in general,

attitudes and standards of the past were just that the past, nowt you can do about the past other than learn from it and try to make the future better, sadly football is tribal and chanting is verbal artillery, you throw enough at the enemy/opposition and then take the response and go again. There is a fine line between fair wit and obvious offence the best we can do when we hear a chant is to judge it by our standards and be willing to be judged on whether we join in.

• Like 3

I don’t believe we as a club should let Derby be a distraction and hope we concentrate with the task in hand and get behind the club, manager and players. I don’t support energy been wasted goading fans which could escalate and bite us on the ****. I don’t support booting people when they are down, not many do and I hope good sense prevails and our fans rally and spur the players on. 

• Like 2

I don’t think any fair minded fans would want to see them fold as a club- despite their fans efforts to really demonstrate what a large bunch of cretins they have and show themselves up to be.

Any actions against MFC, Gibbo, the ground, interrupting play will I’m afraid lesson the goodwill generated to them.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Well said.

Build a bonfire isn't exactly a pleasant chant for that matter, it's certainly been sung at the Riverside though.  Take it further if you like, Jimmy Saville stuff, I can remember some stuff about Graham Rix at the Riverside years back.  Delightful chants about Nick Barmby's wife.  I'm sure there are more than that, and all those are at home in the more sanitised Riverside era.  Away from home I've heard all kinds of stuff from Bobby Sands anti IRA chants to the generic rent boy crap, and a few with obvious racial elements.  I'm not sure we get to take the moral high ground on this, albeit it's clearly pathetic from the Derby fans.

Every one of those chants is out of order though.

If a Newcastle fan took issue with it and complained, I'd fully accept the repercussions aimed at us.

I genuinely think Sunderland fans should have been fined or banned for their disgusting chants the last time we played them, if our fans did similar then it's only right that the same should happen.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Every one of those chants is out of order though.

If a Newcastle fan took issue with it and complained, I'd fully accept the repercussions aimed at us.

I genuinely think Sunderland fans should have been fined or banned for their disgusting chants the last time we played them, if our fans did similar then it's only right that the same should happen.

Of course they are, that's my point.  We don't get the moral high ground.

16 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Let them, get banned, show the perspective buyers what they letting themselves in for if they don’t jump to the mobs tune. 

The vast majority of fans of all clubs suffer due to this kind of stuff.